Management Claude Julien III - the final countdown?(ALL talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
IMO if a team treats people with respect when they arrive and when they leave it is a sign of a well run franchise, which means it is an attractive place for people to work.

Optics are important. Look at the mess Florida is in after firing Gallant the way they did.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
IMO if a team treats people with respect when they arrive and when they leave it is a sign of a well run franchise, which means it is an attractive place for people to work.

Optics are important. Look at the mess Florida is in after firing Gallant the way they did.

Look how they treat the fans? I'd love to see new blood in this organization - feels like the same old Bruins.

After 2011, I thought it would take a long time for me to revert back to being a cynical Bruins fan.

I have arrived.:laugh:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
If my calculations are correct, if he's not fired before then, Claude's 1000th game as an NHL coach will be on a Sunday, at home, against Montreal. :popcorn:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Marchand sent a message to management after the game. The problem is us not Claude and a new coach will not change that.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Wrong again Haggs, you dope. Its driven by management drafting and trading poorly, and acquiring players who either aren't that good yet, or just aren't good enough period.

yup. David Backes so far has looked plain mediocre. And we have this old man for another several years

However the Bruins have drafted very well since 2014

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Claude is hanging for his bruins coaching career life

and at least that video presentation was something "different" . Good for sending a message to the group

2 wins in a row is a good start but hovering around 8th place is nervewrecking... must keep on winning

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
Once they get past three games without crapping the bed then I'll believe they have turned a corner. The problem is they let off the gas after they feel comfortable that no one is breathing down their necks.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Marchand sent a message to management after the game. The problem is us not Claude and a new coach will not change that.

Talk is cheap.

The vets have been saying this for going on three seasons now and I see no evidence in their play that backs up what he's saying. If it's true that the players are underachieving, then some of the "core" needs to go because they (and Clode) have been the one constant over that time (not the GM).

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Somebody who isn't nursing a hangover might be better with their math but...
I think it's pretty amazing the David Krejci has played 762 of 768 games under Julien. Kinda wish he never got a look during the Dave Lewis year as that would be the longest player with one coach - in a long time. Can't think of another player off the top of my head in the 'lockout' (?) era that would've been that tied to a coach.

Off the top of my head you gotta go back to Bossy and Arbour.

Last edited:

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Also... I'd believe the argument that the team needs a fresh voice if ... it wasn't the players that have actually heard his voice the most that are carrying all the laundry. Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Chara, Krug, Rask are still out there every night working their ***** off and executing.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Talk is cheap.

The vets have been saying this for going on three seasons now and I see no evidence in their play that backs up what he's saying. If it's true that the players are underachieving, then some of the "core" needs to go because they (and Clode) have been the one constant over that time (not the GM).

Bingo! You've got bingo!

2007_01_bingo_brown.jpg

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
It's really not a management vs. Claude thing right now in terms of what the problem is. I'm not saying anything new here, but they go hand in hand.

Management gave Claude a good group of forwards and a ****ty defense. Claude decided, "You know what? I can still make this team defend well," and he makes his forwards defend starting in the offensive zone with third man high, constantly benches Ryan Spooner in favor of safer options like Schaller and Nash, and asks very little of his ****ty defensemen. And because he asks for very little, he gives heavy minutes to plugs like McQuaid and Kevan Miller who can only do the very little than Claude asks for.

Management looks at the situation and thinks, "Well, we have a good defense. And we gave Claude good forwards. So the offense should turn around." But that's not possible unless we play a more offensive, up and down the ice, style of play, which isn't happening under Claude. Or unless Claude gets more reliable defenseman that can allow the forwards to play more offense, which isn't happening under Sweeney.

I still think Claude should go, because even if a new coach isn't a guarantee to improve the product on the ice (far from it), we know that it's very unlikely that Claude coaches this roster to a high level and we don't know that a new coach and new system can't work. And we shouldn't be afraid of bottoming out. It's no worse than the 9 seed.

But in terms of assigning blame, it's not one or the other when it comes to Claude and management. Claude is coaching the team in a way that management forced him to and it's just not working.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
If it's true that the players are underachieving, then some of the "core" needs to go because they (and Clode) have been the one constant over that time (not the GM).

Bingo! You've got bingo!

If this is true and we have bingo, the only core players I would keep are Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak and Rask.

Who does that leave that can go? Chara? Krejci?

Last edited:

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
If this is true and we have bingo, the only core players I would keep are Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak and Rask.

Who does that leave that can go? Chara?

Chara and Krejci. The core of the defense and one of the pieces of the spine down the middle. This team has gotten by for a long time for its best strength being it's center play. I'd argue its been the worst part of the team this year. Bergeron and Krejci on pace for PPG averages that are the lowest since their rookie years. Spooner has been so bad at center that they've converted him to wing, and the 3rd and 4th line centers have just been guessing games this year. Moore is the most consistent center they have this year, and that's a scary thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad