Management Claude Julien III - the final countdown?(ALL talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I thought Nash was a good move by Julien.
I know it's not shared by many, but it was a good move.

Didn't bother me. He had fresher legs. The other guys looked tired. He at least knows how to work.
Krejci and Pasta got their breather, came back with a bit more energy and scored.
Don't really know what people are complaining about.
Or do people think the same 4 forwards can play the whole 5 minutes of 3 on 3 after a long chippy game?

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Some you have Stockholm Syndrome with terrible players.

:laugh: Thanks, that made me laugh.

I most definitely have Stockholm Syndrome with this team and management. The moments of joy they've given me over the years does nothing to justify the brutal mistreatment I've allowed them to put on me. They treat me so brutally and yet I somehow can't disengage.:laugh: Surely they love me as well or they wouldn't do this to me, right?

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Maybe Nash wasn't the right choice, but I'm thinking the coaches thinking is this:

We can't put Chara out there, we can't put K Miller out there and we can't put McQuaid out there.

So they (the coaches) are running with 3 D and they want at least one defensive (or can play defensively) forwards with one of their "scorers" out there at all times.

Bergy, Krejci, Backes and Nash.

An argument can be made that it should have been Moore instead of Nash, but I'm guessing that is their reasoning. And I think it's a solid one.

The way I see it is if it goes to a SO, the Bruins are probably toast based on the Red Wings prowess in this silly gimmick. Therefore why wouldn't Julien go all out in the OT by playing the likes of Vatrano instead of Nash and Backes. I would much rather go out guns ablazing in the OT then to be frustrated by losing a SO to a team that specializes in it. At least he had Spooner out there.

Wentworth9W

Dec 13, 2016
I thought CJ coached a good game last night, and I thought the Bruins showed some surprising resiliency that we have not seen in quite awhile. I'm wondering what the point is though, they need to win what - 15-20 of the next 32 to even have a shot at making the Playoffs. I'm thinking that is unlikely given how things have been going, and its not as if we just beat the Caps or Pens in OT or anything, this is a team very similar to the Bruins in terms of talent, and the season they are having. Not to mention just about everyone else we wouldn't want to see win, won last night so made very little progress.

I wish they would realize we are not going to the playoffs this season, and either get rid of CJ if that is what they want to do, or not let losses cause this huge media stir every time because we realize we are not a good team and its not on CJ. It has to be a big issue for the coaching staff and players to deal with, in addition to preparing for a bunch of big games the last few weeks.

Thanks,
Jeff.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The way I see it is if it goes to a SO, the Bruins are probably toast based on the Red Wings prowess in this silly gimmick. Therefore why wouldn't Julien go all out in the OT by playing the likes of Vatrano instead of Nash and Backes. I would much rather go out guns ablazing in the OT then to be frustrated by losing a SO to a team that specializes in it. At least he had Spooner out there.

and if Julien puts Vatrano out there and he makes a mistake (last few games he`s made some big one`s), fans here would be up in arms with Julien for putting a young player in a position to fail.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
. I'm wondering what the point is though, they need to win what - 15-20 of the next 32 to even have a shot at making the Playoffs

But hope springs eternal in the hearts of front offices, coaches, players, and fans everywhere (except maybe on this forum :laugh:)

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I'm with you. I think there has to be a touch of a poke at management here.

Probably in the dark recesses of his mind: "Hell, I don't have a ton to work with here anyway and Nash probably isn't going to lose me the OT. And if that pisses off those a-holes who are leaving me dangling in the wind a little bit then great."

I've supported Claude a lot.

IF he did that, he should be fired immediately.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
This thread is so far in the weeds with silly conspiracy thinking.
People, Nash has basically no points, but his shot suppression numbers are simply amazing, and the team generates a decent amount of shots while he is in the ice...think Bergeron with considerably less offensive. He seems like a perfect guy to put out there to hold the line while our big guns catch their breath. I swear he would be a fantastic blueliner if he were told to play it.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
and if Julien puts Vatrano out there and he makes a mistake (last few games he`s made some big one`s), fans here would be up in arms with Julien for putting a young player in a position to fail.

Well that's just the old "heads I win, tails you lose" bullspit we've all come to know and hate on this board :shakehead

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
must be frustrating beyond belief as a coach to watch his team play and outshoot the opponent like last night only to be trailing 3-2 into the third .... as a fan I was frustrated

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Nash could not change due to Carlo bad play. It has nothing to do with Julien.
Perfect example of confirmation bias from the haters. Wake the **** up.

You're the one who said "Claude didn't do that" when in fact Claude did do that though.

And if you think Carlo was the only player who made bad plays on that shift then you need to...

Wake the **** up yourself.

They wouldn't be the same fans that are complaining about Nash. Weird how different people have different opinions.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH

"Play the kids!"
"The kids suck!"

I agree with you 100%. Look at Carlo lately. Blown coverage, can't stay on his skates. People will have no real problem with cutting him some slack -- I don't know why. But Vatrano makes mistakes and the questions come non-stop about why he's even allowed to play.

The rhetorical you can't have it both ways. Play the kids, you are going to get mistakes. It's how they learn. You don't want mistakes, play the vets. Of course, then the kids don't get the experience.

:help: :shakehead

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
"Play the kids!"
"The kids suck!"

I agree with you 100%. Look at Carlo lately. Blown coverage, can't stay on his skates. People will have no real problem with cutting him some slack -- I don't know why. But Vatrano makes mistakes and the questions come non-stop about why he's even allowed to play.

The rhetorical you can't have it both ways. Play the kids, you are going to get mistakes. It's how they learn. You don't want mistakes, play the vets. Of course, then the kids don't get the experience.

I believe it's because Carlo, rightly or wrongly, became viewed early on here as the savior that instantly fixed our blueline problems. If the offense played like it did last season, there was reason to be hopeful about the season. To be fair his play in the first 20-25 games did warrant some hopefulness. Vatrano, as near as I can tell outside of a few outlier posts, has never been seen in the same light- he wasn't really expected to come in and have the same instant impact as Carlo. Vatrano being a 2nd year player coming off a major injury didn't carry the same weight of increasing expectations.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013

This is precisely the way I feel as well and why I really didn't like it. Don't get me wrong, I know there is some defensive element to the 3v3 but when your putting defensive assets in a 3v3 it's like doing it while your on the PP.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
and then he gives Spooner props.

Ryan Spooner centered the third line between Matt Beleskey and Riley Nash. Spooner assisted on Marchand’s power-play goal after digging for a loose puck in tight. “You look at that power-play goal, Spoons is right in front of the net,†Julien said. “On the power play, when’s the last time we saw Spoons in front of the net? That’s a guy wanting to do something to help the team.â€
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...TaRM/story.html?p1=Article_Recirculation_Pos3

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
and then he gives Spooner props.

Ryan Spooner centered the third line between Matt Beleskey and Riley Nash. Spooner assisted on Marchand’s power-play goal after digging for a loose puck in tight. “You look at that power-play goal, Spoons is right in front of the net,†Julien said. “On the power play, when’s the last time we saw Spoons in front of the net? That’s a guy wanting to do something to help the team.â€
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...TaRM/story.html?p1=Article_Recirculation_Pos3

:handclap:

itsablurr

Jan 3, 2017
Carlisle, MA
I thought CJ coached a good game last night, and I thought the Bruins showed some surprising resiliency that we have not seen in quite awhile. I'm wondering what the point is though, they need to win what - 15-20 of the next 32 to even have a shot at making the Playoffs. I'm thinking that is unlikely given how things have been going, and its not as if we just beat the Caps or Pens in OT or anything, this is a team very similar to the Bruins in terms of talent, and the season they are having. Not to mention just about everyone else we wouldn't want to see win, won last night so made very little progress.

I wish they would realize we are not going to the playoffs this season, and either get rid of CJ if that is what they want to do, or not let losses cause this huge media stir every time because we realize we are not a good team and its not on CJ. It has to be a big issue for the coaching staff and players to deal with, in addition to preparing for a bunch of big games the last few weeks.

Thanks,
Jeff.

They're paid to execute and win on a game by game basis, whether with CJ or someone else. To say "meh, we're not going to make playoffs, so what's the sense in putting in a full 60, eh?" is unprofessional and should get a player yanked off the roster spot. I'd be pissed as a paying fan. Season strategy and allocation of effort are not their pay grade to address or decision to make.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
"Play the kids!"
"The kids suck!"

Vets makes mistakes too. Just on this team they rarely feel any repercussions because of them.

That's the issue at the heart of the matter.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Since this organization is waiting on a bunch of prospects to save the day, we will be seeing plenty of mistakes - the coach, fans and management better be ready for it..

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm with you. I think there has to be a touch of a poke at management here.

Probably in the dark recesses of his mind: "Hell, I don't have a ton to work with here anyway and Nash probably isn't going to lose me the OT. And if that pisses off those a-holes who are leaving me dangling in the wind a little bit then great."

:laugh:THIS^^

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Not really sure why when a team is in jeopardy of not making the playoffs for the third year in a row ,that the coaches job is in jeopardy.This is Sweeneys second season ,don't no of too many GM 's that get canned after 2 seasons.If the Bruins don't make the playoffs ,I have no doubt that Julian will get the axe.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Not really sure why when a team is in jeopardy of not making the playoffs for the third year in a row ,that the coaches job is in jeopardy.This is Sweeneys second season ,don't no of too many GM 's that get canned after 2 seasons.If the Bruins don't make the playoffs ,I have no doubt that Julian will get the axe.

Julien will likely go, but you need to line up a good coach. I find Sweeney has been a mixed bag so I think we need to look beyond 'ex Bruins' to find the best coach on the market for the Bruins style of play.

-Hartley
-Crawford (maybe?)
-Maybe have Kevin Dean babysit the kids until the team is competitive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->