Management Claude Julien III - the final countdown?(ALL talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I'm 50/50 on firing Claude. I won't cry but I won't throw a party either.

But the hockey world is going to laugh at the Bruins (again) if they fire Claude just to replace him with Neely.

I am this was as well but for the reason that I don't think it wouldn't make any difference. The lack of talent on the team is the issue.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
5:55 ish mark, Bruin talk begins with Mackenzie/Dreger and Lebrun

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/overdrive-tsn-hockey-insiders-round-table-1.654035

"when you fire Claude Julien, you know your not bringing in a better coach"

Boston is already a joke in the media with the trades and drafting, they know Julien was on thin ice in 2011... same year Julien got us a cup in 39 years.

The media know Boston is a very volatile/emotional franchise that makes emotional decisions.
We all know those are the worst decisions one could make. The president himself is nothing but emotional.

Future looks promising if what we look for is watching it all crumble.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
If this team misses the playoffs for a third straight year, after being embarrassed four years ago when they did make it- I don't think you could call Claude's firing (if it does happen) an 'emotional' descion.

Neely's apparent issue with Claude goes back years, it wouldn't be a knee jerk reaction at all.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Management needs to either put these rumors to rest or take action.

Letting this fester isn't healthy and is self-defeating

We have no idea what the team or Claude know. I agree that it should be addressed but it's far more important for the players and management to know what's going on.

I also agree you may not be bringing in a better coach but a change will do this roster good I think

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
This management team doesn't really communicate at all, they certainly aren't going to address this. Someone would have to act like an actual member of management.

I'm just tired of this team right now..

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Would it surprise anyone in the least if this team crapped out the last two games against the worst teams in the league only to turn around tonight and smash Chicago? Wouldn't that be the most Claude like team response of all time?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Management needs to either put these rumors to rest or take action.

Letting this fester isn't healthy and is self-defeating

Management has no idea what they are doing when it comes to anything public relations related. I agree with you that they need to address this one way or the other, they needed to yesterday, but these guys are tone deaf. Remaining under their rock is the safest, easiest route.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
If the Bruins don't make the playoffs 3 years in a row he will definitely be gone,that's for certain.Dont see why anyone would think that won't happen.He is just a coach ,not God coaches get fired all the time ,even Stanley cup winning coaches.Whether firing him now ,will get them into playoffs is anyone's guess,but am pretty certain they won't get in with him.I"m not sire if I would just stick in a temporary coach to finish out the season,but if they have someone they want going forward that is available than do it now.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
We have no idea what the team or Claude know. I agree that it should be addressed but it's far more important for the players and management to know what's going on.
True. We don't. This tends to be my position when it comes to discussing most things regarding the team on this board. Having said that, I fail to see how keeping the media and by extension the fans in the dark is helpful if there is any actual information available and known by the team and mgmt.

I'm going to guess that the team doesn't know much beyond what we know. I'm also going to guess that the only ones who do know are the Jacobs, Neely, and Sweeney. I think the longer this situation continues, the worse the team performs due to the inevitable stress introduced by such a precarious situation. I agree with those who find this whole thing unhealthy. It's not a winning environment.

I also agree you may not be bringing in a better coach but a change will do this roster good I think
I disagree (surprise!)

Again, I have no idea how the team feels about releasing Julien but I suspect if it were to happen they wouldn't like it. Be that as it may:
1. I do agree that the organization would benefit from a change.
2. I don't think a better coach is available.
3. I think that the org would benefit greatly by relieving Neely of his current obligations and removing (yes, I think this) the shackles from both Sweeney and Julien, allowing them the freedom to make the decisions they need to make in order to make the team better.
4. If they can't get it done, you then look to make coaching and/or GM changes.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Always 1 more game for Claude.... one more game... one more game... one more season....[/QUOTE

Will predict if they lose embarrassingly he will be gone,you know if they don't show up like a lot of games.Knowing this team they will have one of there great games and win.Than management will be like WTF,do we do now.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
And rightfully so.

Sweeney should extend Julien and tell his players: "He's going nowhere. Start playing better."

But the problem with that approach is that once a coach has lost the room, it doesn't matter. Nobody will start playing better just because he got an extension. They'll play worse and force the team to either move the coach or the players. And I mean this generally, not specific to Claude. It's just how it goes.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
But the problem with that approach is that once a coach has lost the room, it doesn't matter. Nobody will start playing better just because he got an extension. They'll play worse and force the team to either move the coach or the players. And I mean this generally, not specific to Claude. It's just how it goes.

Then you move the players. You don't want these types anyway.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
And rightfully so.

Sweeney should extend Julien and tell his players: "He's going nowhere. Start playing better."

I don't think the players can play better imo. Julien has made the mule look like a race horse. It can hang with the lead pack, but at the end of the line, it isn't going to win.
Roster improvement comes from SweeNeely, not Julien.
Julien's system magic has covered fundamental roster flaws for a long while now, but age and depth are revealing the truth.
This is ALL on Neely and Sweeney imo.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
True. We don't. This tends to be my position when it comes to discussing most things regarding the team on this board. Having said that, I fail to see how keeping the media and by extension the fans in the dark is helpful if there is any actual information available and known by the team and mgmt.

I'm going to guess that the team doesn't know much beyond what we know. I'm also going to guess that the only ones who do know are the Jacobs, Neely, and Sweeney. I think the longer this situation continues, the worse the team performs due to the inevitable stress introduced by such a precarious situation. I agree with those who find this whole thing unhealthy. It's not a winning environment.

I disagree (surprise!)

Again, I have no idea how the team feels about releasing Julien but I suspect if it were to happen they wouldn't like it. Be that as it may:
1. I do agree that the organization would benefit from a change.
2. I don't think a better coach is available.
3. I think that the org would benefit greatly by relieving Neely of his current obligations and removing (yes, I think this) the shackles from both Sweeney and Julien, allowing them the freedom to make the decisions they need to make in order to make the team better.
4. If they can't get it done, you then look to make coaching and/or GM changes.

A great level headed post.

We need more of these.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

I think if you bring in a new coach you see a new style but the exact same outcome out there. The players are only playing 20 minutes a game, and that has nothing to do with Julien, they need to start figuring it out. Maybe a leadership change would help more than a coach change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad