Jun 14, 2010
yes

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
In on tooting my own horn.

"Who do you guys think is our X-factor next season?"
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1483881

This guy. Can't wait till he burns the leafs.

182130223051_maple_leafs_at_senators.jpg

This guys great. Awesome signing.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
On topic - I've been really happy with his hustle. Happy some are going in for the guy - class act.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Extremely off-topic - Does anybody know any website like Ancestry.com where you can look up relatives, etc. but free?

I googled Lloydminster just for kicks and giggles (Clarke's hometown) since my mothers side of the family are MacArthur's, and they all lived around Moosejaw Saskatchewan, which I found out is only about 5 hours away from each other.

Basically, there's a chance that he is my second cousin or something lol...

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I love the effort this guy gives at all times. Still I have yet to see him not work hard, and be inconsistent or lackluster or incompetent defensively. He's like our best player, which is a bit sad!

Yay Clarke!!!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Extremely off-topic - Does anybody know any website like Ancestry.com where you can look up relatives, etc. but free?

I googled Lloydminster just for kicks and giggles (Clarke's hometown) since my mothers side of the family are MacArthur's, and they all lived around Moosejaw Saskatchewan, which I found out is only about 5 hours away from each other.

Basically, there's a chance that he is my second cousin or something lol...

Yo bro, we're related?

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
So where does this #grizz thing come from anyway? I keep happening across it on the Sens twitter.

Just an assumption on my end, but considering this is a hockey player were talking about, it's gotta be chew associated. Considering these guys are millionaires, and grizz is bottom end shiz, it's probably a rarity anyone chews that stuff haha.

bta1976

Aug 20, 2012
So where does this #grizz thing come from anyway? I keep happening across it on the Sens twitter.

I heard him say the other day in an interview, that he got it in Buffalo I think. in reference to 'Clark Grizzwold' from the National Lampoon vaction movies

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Dynamic and fun to watch. He is hitting a stride as well. Assuming everybody stays healthy, it would not surprise me to see him hit a point a game for the remaining games this season.

I really hope Melnyk sees the marketing potential in signing MacArthur and Ryan to extensions next summer. Spezza still needs somebody to play with, but Ottawa has a fun, effective top line that can be marketed as a big thing. Having all three of them signed long term would give fans a lot of confidence in the team.

Rob11

Nov 9, 2012
Thank you Maple Leafs! :nod:

He is on pace for almost identical numbers his first year we had him, when he had something to prove!

Don't expect much next year or after. If he is kept with players and is motivated or doesn't lose his way he can probably produce similar numbers.

But enjoy what he's doing now!

On pace for 23, 39, 62

First season leaf 21, 41, 62.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Ya pretty much 20-25 points at max in 61 games. When McArthur slumps he SLUMPS. It's not 4,5,or 6 game slump. It's a 2, 3 or 4 month slump where you don't see him on the score sheet. Now I will give you that the guy has a lot of heart and character. He was a class act. But no in terms of points, the start to this season is typical McArthur. Maybe that will change this year and he'll continue to produce but I highly doubt it. He's not your answer to your problems in Ottawa.

UPDATE

So, to attain his maximum point potential, as deemed by this poster, of 35 points this season, MacArthur will somehow have to put up 16 points in 57 games.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He is on pace for almost identical numbers his first year we had him, when he had something to prove!

Don't expect much next year or after. If he is kept with players and is motivated or doesn't lose his way he can probably produce similar numbers.

But enjoy what he's doing now!

On pace for 23, 39, 62

First season leaf 21, 41, 62.

He is on pace for much more hits and much better defensive and puck possession play.

Even if he puts up same numbers, he's currently twice as effective as he was in all other facets of the game.

Do I think this can continue? Probably not but he just looks so much smarter out there game by game.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Is it too early to say that MacArthurs contract is a steal of a contract?

3.2 million for 2 years.

Is currently 8-14-22 in 27 games played. Is also a +12.

Last edited:

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I've had a soft spot for MacArthur for a while. Was pissed when he signed with TO. Happy to have him here and even happier that he's found success.

Sidenote, didn't realize he's from Lloyd. I grew up in the area.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad