Clarke MacArthur Appreciation Thread

PaGEEsBack

tell a friend
Aug 6, 2013
He was like that with the leafs his first year. He's just caught up in the emotions playing for a new club so he's trying to prove himself. In a year year and a half he will vanish look like a third line inconsistent player

We don't have Randy Carlyle coaching. I think MacA will be fine.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Funny, I saw some leaf posters pining for MacArthur and even Grabovski. Both players were far from the problem there. MacArthur only came in and scored 2 big goals for the leafs in the playoffs and apparently was part of the problem of the game 7 collapse, which wasn't true. For all the **** MacLean gets here I'd rather have him here than Carlyle. We'd be in a lottery spot with his system.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He was like that with the leafs his first year. He's just caught up in the emotions playing for a new club so he's trying to prove himself. In a year year and a half he will vanish look like a third line inconsistent player

My friend, what you are doing now has already been done several times by other Leafs fans, don't worry, we already know we have a big problem on our hands

We had a Leafs fan claiming that macArthur would get about 35 points this year, despite his hot start.

For now, he is sitting at 31 points in 43 games... We are ready for his slump of 4 pts in the next 38 games :(

Oh and if you have another 3rd line inconsistent player averaging 50 pts per 82 games and playing a complete game, please let us know, we'll take the burden out of your hands again!

Happy new year 2014

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
vAjLsHE.gif

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
MacArthur has been terrific for us. Seriously. Can't ask for anything more.

His puck possession ability and the little plays he does have been brilliant. Really looks like he is "getting it." and his game is rounding into form.

I really hope he breaks out with us.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm REALLY curious to see what happens to Mac once adversity strikes and he's moved to the third line. He never played like his 2010-11 self again after Wilson demoted him. By the end of his tenure in Toronto he was grumpy and just flat out annoying to watch.

With that said, I'm happy for us Leaf fans who wanted to keep him over Bozak for being spot on.

Luckily he plays for a coach that doesn't just bench players because they are slumping. When MacA slumped this year he still worked hard and played well, and he wasn't bumped down the line-up...so he bounced back and has been one of our best players since.

BigBush*

Im interested to see if Ottawa extends him in the summer and what his next contract will be. I'd much rather a $5 million MacCarthur then a $8 million Ryan

dpw

Jul 29, 2004
Im interested to see if Ottawa extends him in the summer and what his next contract will be. I'd much rather a $5 million MacCarthur then a $8 million Ryan

I agree 100%.

Ryan should be no more then 5.5 per year.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Bad penalties of late...nonetheless quickly becoming one of my favourite Sens.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I agree 100%.

Ryan should be no more then 5.5 per year.

Er.. no.

The difference between Mac and Ryan is that Ryan is EXPECTED to CONSISTENTLY put up numbers (streaky goal scorer stuff aside). We all seem to be okay with Mac producing at a lower level and going longer stretches of games without putting points on the board. And you can't defend Mac on this one by saying "well he always plays hard and contributes even when he isn't on the scoreboard", because the beauty with Ryan is, he does that too.

However, Mac is 49th overall in league scoring. Impressive!

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
sorry guys but if history tends to repeat itself you guys (Sens fans), won't be praising him in a few months. McArthur tends to sprint out of the gates and then just disappear. He did it in Buffalo and again in Toronto and there is no reason to believe he wont do the same. Enjoy it now but he won't be getting more that 35 points on the year.

So we can expect 20 pts in the next 61 games? We'll see.

Ya pretty much 20-25 points at max in 61 games. When McArthur slumps he SLUMPS. It's not 4,5,or 6 game slump. It's a 2, 3 or 4 month slump where you don't see him on the score sheet. Now I will give you that the guy has a lot of heart and character. He was a class act. But no in terms of points, the start to this season is typical McArthur. Maybe that will change this year and he'll continue to produce but I highly doubt it. He's not your answer to your problems in Ottawa.

UPDATE

MacArthur now with 39 points in 50 games.

RIP Tml1489

Gothenburg 40*

Just think: in the summer the Leafs beat out the Senators in the Clarkson sweepstakes; Ottawa seemingly picks up some Leaf garbage as a constellation prize.

Who would have thought at the time that Ottawa would be the hands down winner in this overlooked transaction?

It's funny how things work out sometimes.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Just think: in the summer the Leafs beat out the Senators in the Clarkson sweepstakes; Ottawa seemingly picks up some Leaf garbage as a constellation prize.

Who would have thought at the time that Ottawa would be the hands down winner in this overlooked transaction?

the stars aligned

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

Bets part is, it was Murray's screwup for not landing Clarkson, that led un-intentionally to getting Macarther as consolation. :sarcasm:

Not sure what the constellations has to do with though! :laugh:

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
We need more MacArthur love around here. After his 3 point night last night he's got 52 points on the season, works hard every shift, and isn't afraid to say it like it is. Him and Turris have been dynamite this year.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
MacArthur brings out the edge in Turris and Turris brings out the consistency in MacArthur.

Those two fit each other perfectly, ****ing love it.

MacArthur is a leader, gritty, responsible and plays an awesome game. Beautiful signing. Love it then and still love it now.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Clarke MacArthur has been the MVP of this team.

He, Turris, and Ryan are all virtually identical production-wise. He and Turris are two-way savants. But Clarke has a mean streak, sticks up for his teammates at every turn, and speaks up.

He's done it all. Fantastic Alfie replacement.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Lock him up, Murray. An extension should be a priority this off-season.

QuattroFTW

Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa
Lock him up, Murray. An extension should be a priority this off-season.

Murray NEEDS to address the defence and try and show players like Mac, Ryan and Hemsky that we are serious about going deep in the playoffs otherwise they could very well walk. We aren't all that far away from having a great team. If we could sign 2 solid d-man and another forward we would be great.

BigBush*

Still dont understand how a guy like Mac gets no hype during free agency and all the GM's go after a guy like Clarkson. And a healthy scratch last year in the playoffs? What the ****? I was expecting a 3rd liner when this guy signed, not a legit ament 1rst liner. And leaf fans still have the balls to talk about how this guys no good. He might not be a PPG guy, but it's his two way play and how he seems to build chemistry with everyone he plays with that makes him a first line player. And what do I like most about him? That smug look on his face when he scores, makes me keep watching this team even if they are out of a playoff spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad