Clarke MacArthur Appreciation Thread

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I've had a soft spot for MacArthur for a while. Was pissed when he signed with TO. Happy to have him here and even happier that he's found success.

Sidenote, didn't realize he's from Lloyd. I grew up in the area.

Same.

I remember thinking that Atlanta really screwed the pooch when they walked away from his arbitration award. It was a doubly stupid decision to walk away from a skilled guy like MacA because their org was also desperate for players like him.

Not much more you can say about that decision other than "Thrashers gonna thrash".

dpw

Jul 29, 2004
He's becomming the heart and soul of this team.

Reminds me of Alfie but dare i say with a little more emotion. :yo:

TristanH

Apr 22, 2012
Ottawa
Amazing addition to this team.. Spezza/Ryan/Macarthur finally looks like a solid top line! Last night at the end of the game you could tell there was some chemistry firing on all lines.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
well i'm just happy he's signed for another year (even though the Sens will be going through hell with so many contracts expiring after next year)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Curious to see how much crow there is to eat in the MacA signing thread...

He is on pace for almost identical numbers his first year we had him, when he had something to prove!

Don't expect much next year or after. If he is kept with players and is motivated or doesn't lose his way he can probably produce similar numbers.

But enjoy what he's doing now!

On pace for 23, 39, 62

First season leaf 21, 41, 62.

Everything is linear in life! :dunce:

Seriously, another Leafs fan told us he would top at 35 pts this year (currently has 25 pts with 51 games to go). Oh and MacA went on a tear after what that Leafs fan said... So please keep it on! (and enjoy Clark$on)

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Mac is just the type of guy we need. He is not a true elite player, but he can really compliment and be comfortable on a top line and spark any line he finds himself on. He competes hard every night.

I wish we had another copy of him to put in the top 6.

A couple of great aquisitions, Bobby and Mac. I just wish we had one more top 6 like him for our forward group.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
I know he wore the A occasionally in Toronto. I think he would make a great captain however he hasn't been here long enough and we have too many vets who have been here for years to give it to him.

i agree. i think he should be but hes about 6th in line......

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Amazing how that one karlsson empty net gift just re up'd his confidence, should finish the season with 20 goals

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
MacArtur has been our MVP so far this season, with Turris a close 2nd and honorable mention to Zibanejad

MacA has 4 game winning goals.

Zack Smith has 4 too, this guy rocks as well.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
MacArtur has been our MVP so far this season, with Turris a close 2nd and honorable mention to Zibanejad

MacA has 4 game winning goals.

Zack Smith has 4 too, this guy rocks as well.

I'd actually add Ryan in there too.

MacA, Turris and Ryan togethr have been killer. And the new line of Zibanejad, Michalek and Cony, amazing!

Z. Smith has been such a hard worker!

But I'd agree that MacA is our MVP thus far. He's been phenomenal!

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Such a gorgeous shot on the winner tonight. Clarkie has been a beast for us, fantastic signing and has fit with the team perfectly.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
I feel that it's becoming quite apparent that MacArthur is the straw that stirs the drink most nights

He was like that with the leafs his first year. He's just caught up in the emotions playing for a new club so he's trying to prove himself. In a year year and a half he will vanish look like a third line inconsistent player

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Ok Debbie downer. I see a guy who seems happy to be in Ottawa and has great chemistry with his teammates. I don't think he's on a honeymoon I think he is part of a happy marriage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->