Clarke MacArthur Appreciation Thread

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
MacArthur is right near the top of the best free agent signings this team has ever made. The money and term was right on since it left some room in case his value was more of a tweener top 6-9. As it turns out he's full value as a top 6 so BM wins that signing hands down. A very intelligent player. Having 3 dangerous play makers / scorers on the same line makes them really hard to defend.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He's been great, no complaints ... great off season signing ...:handclap:

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Despite all the Alfie hoo haa on the same day, I loved this signing as soon as I heard it. It had become pretty evident that all this guy needed was a change of scenery.

He's a stud. Excellent signing by BM.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Love watching Mac. Hustles, good skater, plays chippy and a decent offensive side to him. I like him a lot.

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Mac has been great. Very surprised by his physical play- he throws some nice hits.

He needs to stop taking those stupid ass penalties late in the 3rd period though. I think he's taken those penalties like 3 or 4 times now.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I've been very impressed by how well-rounded his game is. There were some games in the early going where he at least seemed like our most physical player.

And his numbers are replacing Alfie's.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Right now, MacArthur > Alfie. There, I said it.

Compared to Alfie of last year? Totally, not even close IMO

lol at the MacArthur signing thread too, people cursing at Murray for having the culot to sign MacA to replace Alfie (which was not really the case). Blasphemy!

Hopfully I have a bit of time for some good laughs later

Again, another exemple of a "way too early to pass any judgements" case. We are just fans who have way too many opinions.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Compared to Alfie of last year? Totally, not even close IMO

lol at the MacArthur signing thread too, people cursing at Murray for having the culot to sign MacA to replace Alfie (which was not really the case). Blasphemy!

Hopfully I have a bit of time for some good laughs later

Again, another exemple of a "way too early to pass any judgements" case. We are just fans who have way too many opinions.

Wait till he goes through the eventual dry spell :laugh:

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I'm pretty sure this guy is by far the single best UFA signing this organization has ever made.

Forget Gonchar, forget Hasek, forget Todd White, MacArthur blows all of them out of the water.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
I think I was the only fan excited about his signing.. my avatar is from his first preseason game w/ the Senators against the Flames.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
No Leafs fans will say we didn't like him. He's a great player and I'd love to have him still. It was just a numbers thing and Nonis chose Clarkson over McA. He's a top-6 winger and we didn't have a top 6 spot for him.
I'm glad he is doing well, I've always liked his game.

And before you rip Clarkson and say McA is better (I for one hate the Clarkson contract) he was brought in to grind out a 7 game series vs a team like Boston.
Win Win for the Ontario teams.

KA BLAMO

Aug 18, 2008
I didn't think he'd turn out this good. I've been very impressed with him and am very happy the Sens signed him.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
I'm glad he's starting to find the net he certainly deserved to have a few more goals. A wonderful signing and would like to see him stay long term you can just tell that he gets older he will have no problem being an effective 3rd liner.

I was happy with it initially and now i'm overjoyed. A bright spot we need this year.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=133148

MacArthurPassBetweenOwnLegsTurrisWild.gif

getyourselfsomerest

Jul 22, 2011
For people wondering what he was doing in the press box for Toronto and how the Leafs misused him: When Mac had/has the absolute perfect linemates and ice time, he's great. Happened with Grabovski and Kulemin a few years ago. But then Lupul found crazy chemistry with Kessel which made the Kessel line #1 again. Then we got JVR and the Mac-Grabo-Kulemin lost their chemistry. When Mac wasn't/isn't scoring, he's pretty useless. Easy decision to let him walk.

But I'm really glad he's doing well with for you guys. Quality individual and a clutch player who plays with heart when he's on his game. Hope that continues.

Tml1489

Jun 28, 2013
Richmond Hill
sorry guys but if history tends to repeat itself you guys (Sens fans), won't be praising him in a few months. McArthur tends to sprint out of the gates and then just disappear. He did it in Buffalo and again in Toronto and there is no reason to believe he wont do the same. Enjoy it now but he won't be getting more that 35 points on the year.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
sorry guys but if history tends to repeat itself you guys (Sens fans), won't be praising him in a few months. McArthur tends to sprint out of the gates and then just disappear. He did it in Buffalo and again in Toronto and there is no reason to believe he wont do the same. Enjoy it now but he won't be getting more that 35 points on the year.

How do you like your crow prepared? Dash of salt?

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't think anyone dreamed he would play this well for us, but here we are. Even at base value over the last three years he had been about as effective as Alfredsson...but he's been above and beyond an Alfredsson replacement this year with his play on the ice. The last time Alfie was better than Mac has been this year was in 09/10.

Just awesome how much he's contributed.

When Mac wasn't/isn't scoring, he's pretty useless.

This simply hasn't been true at all. He's been one of our best, if not the best, defensive forwards. He's been great on the PK (as seen yesterday) and at even strength he's been a big reason as to why the Turris line has been so successful defensively.

You don't sound bitter at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad