Clarke MacArthur Appreciation Thread

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
sorry guys but if history tends to repeat itself you guys (Sens fans), won't be praising him in a few months. McArthur tends to sprint out of the gates and then just disappear. He did it in Buffalo and again in Toronto and there is no reason to believe he wont do the same. Enjoy it now but he won't be getting more that 35 points on the year.

So we can expect 20 pts in the next 61 games? We'll see.

Tml1489

Jun 28, 2013
Richmond Hill
I don't think anyone dreamed he would play this well for us, but here we are. Even at base value over the last three years he had been about as effective as Alfredsson...but he's been above and beyond an Alfredsson replacement this year with his play on the ice. The last time Alfie was better than Mac has been this year was in 09/10.

Just awesome how much he's contributed.

This simply hasn't been true at all. He's been one of our best, if not the best, defensive forwards. He's been great on the PK (as seen yesterday) and at even strength he's been a big reason as to why the Turris line has been so successful defensively.

You don't sound bitter at all.

Lol trust me. Not bitter at all. Much rather have any one of the wingers we have now than McArthur. I was praying they would let him walk back in the summer.

Last edited:

Tml1489

Jun 28, 2013
Richmond Hill
So we can expect 20 pts in the next 61 games? We'll see.

Ya pretty much 20-25 points at max in 61 games. When McArthur slumps he SLUMPS. It's not 4,5,or 6 game slump. It's a 2, 3 or 4 month slump where you don't see him on the score sheet. Now I will give you that the guy has a lot of heart and character. He was a class act. But no in terms of points, the start to this season is typical McArthur. Maybe that will change this year and he'll continue to produce but I highly doubt it. He's not your answer to your problems in Ottawa.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Ya pretty much 20-25 points at max in 61 games. When McArthur slumps he SLUMPS. It's not 4,5,or 6 game slump. It's a 2, 3 or 4 month slump where you don't see him on the score sheet. Now I will give you that the guy has a lot of heart and character. He was a class act. But no in terms of points, the start to this season is typical McArthur. Maybe that will change this year and he'll continue to produce but I highly doubt it. He's not your answer to your problems in Ottawa.

So when he got 60 points in a season he had a 3 month slump? Those other 3 months of the season must really have been something!!!

You are allowed to now stop talking out of your cornhole.

BigBush*

Do you think his slumps could of been a result of him being mishandled in Toronto (same with Grabovski)? I don't see how MacArthur is going to go from his current level of play to a 2-4 month slump. I guess the good news is he plays the game well do even if he does hit this massive slump you are so sure of he'll probably still be a pretty effective player

Tml1489

Jun 28, 2013
Richmond Hill
Do you think his slumps could of been a result of him being mishandled in Toronto (same with Grabovski)? I don't see how MacArthur is going to go from his current level of play to a 2-4 month slump. I guess the good news is he plays the game well do even if he does hit this massive slump you are so sure of he'll probably still be a pretty effective player

Mishandled? He sat on that 2nd line forever. Even though I hated Ron Wilson. He had to move him down and Nonis moved him eventually out. Or rather just open the door to the street. Maybe, I'll be coming back to eat my own words. But I honestly doubt it. Guy is a good 3rd liner at best.

It's too bad this thread is in a Sens category or Leafs fans will back me up. No he wasn't a terrible guy. No one hated him while he was here. But he did the same start in Toronto and Buffalo as he's doing in Ottawa. Buffalo fans said the same thing when we signed him. No Leaf fan believed it. Until we saw it ourselves.

All I've been trying to say is enjoy him while he lasts because his expiry date is coming due soon. He will not be producing as you guys think he will. He's on pace currently for 60 Pts and I'm predicting he's getting 35 points and maaaaaaaaaaybeee stretch it to 40 max.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

You realize that MacArthur had 20 points in 40 games even last year when he wasn't being given decent ice-time, pp time, and was being benched?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Mishandled? He sat on that 2nd line forever. Even though I hated Ron Wilson. He had to move him down and Nonis moved him eventually out. Or rather just open the door to the street. Maybe, I'll be coming back to eat my own words. But I honestly doubt it. Guy is a good 3rd liner at best.

It's too bad this thread is in a Sens category or Leafs fans will back me up. No he wasn't a terrible guy. No one hated him while he was here. But he did the same start in Toronto and Buffalo as he's doing in Ottawa. Buffalo fans said the same thing when we signed him. No Leaf fan believed it. Until we saw it ourselves.

All I've been trying to say is enjoy him while he lasts because his expiry date is coming due soon. He will not be producing as you guys think he will. He's on pace currently for 60 Pts and I'm predicting he's getting 35 points and maaaaaaaaaaybeee stretch it to 40 max.

Ya see, I'm confused. He averaged, during his tenure with the Leafs, a 53 point per 82 games pace. I'm not sure where this 35 points max nonsense is coming from. He's scored at a 56 point pace so far this year. Not really a statistical outlier.

Also almost every Leaf fan that I've spoken to about this, or seen comment on it, has said that MacArthur was solid for the Leafs and that they were sad to see him go.

To summarize, what you're saying isn't making a whole lot of sense.

BigBush*

Ya didn't he have a great season under Wilson though? I understand how he fell down the depth charts in Toronto as the team is stacked with scoring winger, but man don't discredit yourself by saying he's a good third liner at best. Every non biased leaf fan I've talked to said he was great and came to play every night until he had his ice time reduced under Carlyle.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Leafs fans seem really upset that he's doing well and reaaalllyy want to convince themselves that he will suck soon. Too bad he's playing with Turris and will probably still put up points even if he starts playing not as well.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He may or may not keep it up.

Who knows.

Doesn't change the fact that Leaf fans are going out of their way to inform us of our shortsightedness.

Tml1489

Jun 28, 2013
Richmond Hill
You ever think why the leafs let him go for nothing? There was no trying up re-sign him phase. The was nothing. We let him walk away. I'll post a thread around Christmas and we'll see how much different all your tunes will be.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
You ever think why the leafs let him go for nothing? There was no trying up re-sign him phase. The was nothing. We let him walk away. I'll post a thread around Christmas and we'll see how much different all your tunes will be.

Because you guys mishandled him and he hated your coach, maybe?

Tml1489

Jun 28, 2013
Richmond Hill
You mean the coach that has got us into the playoffs? And the one that currently has us 2 points from 1st in the east and actually in a playoff spot?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

If MacA is still playing well are you going to make the topic?

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
You mean the coach that has got us into the playoffs? And the one that currently has us 2 points from 1st in the east and actually in a playoff spot?

It's a miracle you guys are getting those results while playing so badly.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Don't let the standings fool you. Your team is playing badly. Your teams play is just been shadowed by elite goaltending.

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
We had that goaltending last year. Our team did work hard as a unit to overcome the injuries but the goaltending we got form Anderson, Bishop and Lehner got us into the playoffs.

Yes, but i really don't think you can go deep in the playoffs with that type of play. I don't think you can just rely on your goaltending to make it to the scf. Maybe i am wrong though.

Last edited:

SenatorsLegionary

Member of Sens Army
Oct 25, 2008
Montreal, Qc
Yes, but i really don't think you can go deep in the playoffs with that type of play. I don't think you can just rely on your goaltending to make it to the scf. Maybe i am wrong though.

Agreed there, that's pretty much exactly what happened in the Pittsburgh series, the goaltending broke down. This season is almost twice as long as last year so the goaltending the Leafs are getting will be even harder to sustain over 82 games than over the 58 games we played in total last season. They've got two solid guys though with Reimer and Bernier so you never know.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Whatever you do, don't get Mac angry. He's surprising a beast of a fighter and can hold is own really well.

Maybe it's the only 3 fights he ever got into, all 3 he won single handily and one occasion rag dolling Carolina player ( Gleason I think )

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Whatever you do, don't get Mac angry. He's surprising a beast of a fighter and can hold is own really well.

Maybe it's the only 3 fights he ever got into, all 3 he won single handily and one occasion rag dolling Carolina player ( Gleason I think )

Chad Larose. :)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Love this guy so far, he's been a pleasant surprise, although I always liked the signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->