Rumor: Chychrun Megathread (Asking price has been met per Sportsnet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Funny how, reading this thread, it went from Lundell to never Lundell. From never Knight to absolutely Knight. All with absolutely no public utterances from either team. I still hold out hope for Lundell. It might cost us a 1st round pick plus Chychrun in a multiplayer trade. Lundell answers our greatest, longest need.
I never believed Lundell was possible. And I never wanted Knight. Lol. I’ve been furious the whole time Florida has been mentioned.

BEFORE Florida was connected to Chcyhrun I literally had a nightmare we traded Chcyhrun for him. I posted about it here a month ago. I think in my dream it was Knight, Tippett and a 1st. Then HBK mentioned Swayman and JFJR.

I’ll find the post….

rt

May 13, 2004
It was a text I sent to @Grimes

76F2EA71-031E-4DC1-AF03-BA431897F4D7.jpeg

CCDD075D-B427-4A34-AA76-EF7EE1CD7BA2.jpeg

Reactions: Grimes and AZviaNJ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Knight would need to be part of this trade because the coyotes need a name. You can't just trade Jakob Chychrun for a pile of crap headlined by a 22 yr old one-dimensional underachieving winger.

The trade will be Knight, Tippett, 2022 2nd and 2023 1st. BA gets to come away and say he has a potential franchise goalie and Tippett can slot right in on wing if you waive someone like Galchenyuk.

I am certain that that will be the trade if we deal with the panthers.
You would think that any deal has to include a C coming back.

rt

May 13, 2004
Who are the top 10 goalie prospects that have already been drafted? Excluding Knight and Swayman.
Levi, Wallstedt, Cossa, and Askarov are definitely in the mix. I think those six are inarguably on the list. There’s a bunch of names that are definition bending on what a prospect is, too. Other names are UPL in Buffalo, Wolf in Calgary, Dostal from the Ducks is a big one.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I think it's quite possible that BA is not happy with Prosvetov's progression. I mean, Tucson is almost last place in the entire AHL. Usually when the NHL is last place and rebuilding you can count on the farm team to be doing well, but Tucson seems to have massively underachieved and Prosvetov's numbers have been getting progressively worse. Add in the fact that he wasn't drafted by the current staff and I would say Prosvetov is far from being the set goalie of the future here

Reactions: YotesFan47

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I think it's quite possible that BA is not happy with Prosvetov's progression. I mean, Tucson is almost last place in the entire AHL. Usually when the NHL is last place and rebuilding you can count on the farm team to be doing well, but Tucson seems to have massively underachieved and Prosvetov's numbers have been getting progressively worse. Add in the fact that he wasn't drafted by the current staff and I would say Prosvetov is far from being the set goalie of the future here

shouldn't your new username be JasonDemersIsAnOlympian?

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ

Tucson hasn't really under achieved, what's happened is that all the new guys are the best players...Maccelli/Jenik/Soderstrom/McCartney and BA didn't go out and get many veterans to help out the youngsters. While other teams have guys like Frk, Potularski, Tynan, Mersch, Griffith, etc...Usually the youngsters don't have to be the best players. On Tucson, all the youngsters are the best players.

Plus, they were in the playoff hunt until the Coyotes began bringing up the kids and sticking them in the lineup and on the taxi squad...Tucson went in the toilet from that point and they haven't been getting good goaltending from Prosvetov & Korenar. Both are sub .890 since the 20 game mark.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Regarding a return that includes a goalie of the future.....perhaps we should consider that BA might be in touch with other teams who could be involved in the trade or a future trade for their goalie of the future?

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

BAdvocate

Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Spencer Knight....1 shot on goal, 1 goal allowed.....I guess he'll win anyways if the Panthers score 5+ goals every game.

BAdvocate

Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
But what did you mean? I was actually cornfused. Haha.

If Knight or Swayman is obtained in a trade for Chychrun, they could just be temporary assets used to acquire someone we would approve of.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Levi, Wallstedt, Cossa, and Askarov are definitely in the mix. I think those six are inarguably on the list. There’s a bunch of names that are definition bending on what a prospect is, too. Other names are UPL in Buffalo, Wolf in Calgary, Dostal from the Ducks is a big one.
Comtois, Zellweger, Dostal, and a 1st?

The rest of the teams aren't really good Chychrun fits. I'm also asking because I'm wondering if Florida is being used as smoke and mirrors to drive the real offer up. If Dostal and the 1st are the hold up, but Anaheim thinks Florida is close, they meet the price if things look good af the TDL.

rt

May 13, 2004
Comtois, Zellweger, Dostal, and a 1st?

The rest of the teams aren't really good Chychrun fits. I'm also asking because I'm wondering if Florida is being used as smoke and mirrors to drive the real offer up. If Dostal and the 1st are the hold up, but Anaheim thinks Florida is close, they meet the price if things look good af the TDL.
Sure. If probably do that. Not sure Anaheim would. I think they’re probably more attached to Dostal than Perreault.

rt

May 13, 2004
Fun fact; Vejmelka was the starter for Brno for three years while former Coyote Langhamer was the back-up and Lukas Dostal was the hot-prospect 3rd stringer. Dostal left for Ilves to start some games on a top league (where he was teammates with Matthias Maccelli). When Dostal came to North America, who’d Ilves bring in? Langhamer. :)

Reactions: che and Prarievarg

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Chychrun is overrated, BIG TIME!

Injuries might cause early retirement, can't hit the net, and seems like a total passenger because he can't make a damn thing happen on his own. He's no stud!

And last season could be a fluke too.

Edit: I'm done making excuses for him. He's been just a tad bit above useless this season. I'll give him credit for filling a roster spot and some cap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad