Rumor: Chychrun Megathread (Asking price has been met per Sportsnet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
So with the season heating up, rumors heating up, and massive amounts of speculation across the league, I figured it was probably time for a centralized thread.

Does Chychrun get moved?

If he does, what kind of deals would we be happy with?

What kind of deals are realistic?

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Anything with Lundell + a decent add is something I'd definitely be personally interested in. As much as I love Chychrun Lundell looks special.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So with the season heating up, rumors heating up, and massive amounts of speculation across the league, I figured it was probably time for a centralized thread.

Does Chychrun get moved?

If he does, what kind of deals would we be happy with?

What kind of deals are realistic?
We basically set a “don’t even bother asking if the price offends you” price tag for Chychrun. The ask is real. The price is high. We may not see anyone pay it. I doubt we move off of that price. The downside for AZ is we have a cost controlled top pairing D for multiple years. There will be no tears if we stand firm.

in terms of proposals. If we trade prior to deadline it’s focused in the quality of the prospect not the pick. If a trade is made post lottery / at the draft this may flip as AZ may be focused on acquiring a early draft pick.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Realistic? I’m gonna go with slightly homerish but not quite as outlandish as Friedman and Marek:

NYR: Schneider+Othmann+1st
LAK: Clarke+Kupari/Vilardi+1st
CBJ: Ceulemans+Foudy+**1st**

**whichever of the CBJ/CHI pick is later.

Another that could work that I don’t like very much is:

FLA: Knight+Samoskevich+1st

Perhaps a big ol’ pile of assets like:

STL: Neighnors+Perunovich+Hofer+1st

Reactions: LJ7

rt

May 13, 2004
We basically set a “don’t even bother asking if the price offends you” price tag for Chychrun. The ask is real. The price is high. We may not see anyone pay it. I doubt we move off of that price. The downside for AZ is we have a cost controlled top pairing D for multiple years. There will be no tears if we stand firm.

in terms of proposals. If we trade prior to deadline it’s focused in the quality of the prospect not the pick. If a trade is made post lottery / at the draft this may flip as AZ may be focused on acquiring a early draft pick.
Interesting thing with CBJ is both picks are likely to be early.

If we agreed to take the later pick, they might go for it, pre-lottery. Imagine the CHI pick finishes 6th and the CBJ pick 11th. Then the CBJ pick wins 1st or 2nd but the CHI pick doesn’t. We get the 7th overall. Haha!!!

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I’m not really sure why the main board thread got closed, it seemed to have fine discussion to me. And then the mods don’t seem to mind that there’s 4 separate threads about JT Miller lol

Reactions: Lemonlimey

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
If I'm BA, stick to gouging the market, and if no one cares to be gouged, hold onto Chycrun. He's not going to put a team over the brink to a Stanley Cup champion...only slightly less valuable to acquire before the draft, or next season. I'd also be asking for only 2023 draft picks. Don't need anymore in the upcoming draft....in fact I hope this whole thing is a facade by BA to show teams he's not going to budge on his trade demands next year.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Out of all the rumored teams interested I am most interested in Lundell from FLA. I know the Lundell + Knight + 1st is STEEP and I honestly dont expect that to happen, but I would still target Lundell... I am very high on him.

The Kings prospects interest me as well.
CBJ draft capital is intriguing as long as they are not lottery protected... Learned that mistake with Montreal.

Reactions: Nowotny

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Interesting thing with CBJ is both picks are likely to be early.

If we agreed to take the later pick, they might go for it, pre-lottery. Imagine the CHI pick finishes 6th and the CBJ pick 11th. Then the CBJ pick wins 1st or 2nd but the CHI pick doesn’t. We get the 7th overall. Haha!!!
The CBJ picks, currently 9th and 10th, are interesting. If not a Chychrun trade, what about a draft trade? Say AZ has the 4th pick....4OA + 30ishOA for 9th + 10th. Adds on either side to balance.

Reactions: rt

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
The CBJ picks, currently 9th and 10th, are interesting. If not a Chychrun trade, what about a draft trade? Say AZ has the 4th pick....4OA + 30ishOA for 9th + 10th. Adds on either side to balance.
I could see the BJs being enamored with Cooley, but it depends on how it goes.

rt

May 13, 2004
Out of all the rumored teams interested I am most interested in Lundell from FLA. I know the Lundell + Knight + 1st is STEEP and I honestly dont expect that to happen, but I would still target Lundell... I am very high on him.

The Kings prospects interest me as well.
CBJ draft capital is intriguing as long as they are not lottery protected... Learned that mistake with Montreal.
I just can’t see Florida doing Lundell. He’s contributing to wins right now today. Losing him hurts their chances. I know Chychrun makes up for it, but I just don’t foresee a key roster piece as the primary return.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
I think Kemmel would be their guy, personally. With Johnson-Sillinger-Texier as the future down the middle already, I could see them going winger.
Texier has been far better at wing and Johnson may end up being a wing in the NHL. We're still kinda center starved but not as badly as before.

Your Ceulemans+Foudy+1st* idea is the most realistic one I've seen yet, and it's about the value I'd be comfortable with.. however I imagine our FO doesn't want to part with Ceulemans this early. If this CBJ Chychrun trade somehow does happen I imagine the value we send over would be very similar to your proposal.

rt

May 13, 2004
So they are likely to keep those picks?
No idea. I would think so. They could get a really nice winger like Kemmel, Slafkovsky and/or Lambert and/or a really nice blue liner like Jiricek and/or Nemec. And that’s if they don’t win a lottery (or both - lol).

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Texier has been far better at wing and Johnson may end up being a wing in the NHL. We're still kinda center starved but not as badly as before.

Your Ceulemans+Foudy+1st* idea is the most realistic one I've seen yet, and it's about the value I'd be comfortable with.. however I imagine our FO doesn't want to part with Ceulemans this early. If this CBJ Chychrun trade somehow does happen I imagine the value we send over would be very similar to your proposal.
That offer meets what GMBA has been discussing.....young roster player (Foudy is sort of that), high end prospect (Ceulemans) and a 1st (in this case a high first). That's a solid offer.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
That offer meets what GMBA has been discussing.....young roster player (Foudy is sort of that), high end prospect (Ceulemans) and a 1st (in this case a high first). That's a solid offer.
Yeah it's a lot going out but I understand y'all aren't trading him just to trade him. Only issue with that offer in specific is I doubt we give up Ceulemans and we don't really have another prospect worth exactly as much as him to give

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
I just can’t see Florida doing Lundell. He’s contributing to wins right now today. Losing him hurts their chances. I know Chychrun makes up for it, but I just don’t foresee a key roster piece as the primary return.
Oh I agree with you... but I also think in order to acquire a player like Chychrun at his age at his cap hit... its should hurt. This is the ultimate "you have to give to get" acquisition. Chychrun checks so many boxes when it comes to a high end target and Lundell is absolutely the caliber of player BA should shoot for. We will see if someone bites.

sundance74

Oct 13, 2013
North of Puszta
Yeah it's a lot going out but I understand y'all aren't trading him just to trade him. Only issue with that offer in specific is I doubt we give up Ceulemans and we don't really have another prospect worth exactly as much as him to give
And I still don't understand why CBJ would go after Chychrun. Especially giving up two other very promising young defenders. It's not like that they're making the playoffs this year for sure. Eleven points behind Boston and not alone in the hunt. Chychrun could fire that run for a spot. But I don't think that this potential achievement is worth to give up so much

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

rt

May 13, 2004
Yeah, I really do think it’s got to be Ceulemans. It’s obviously not going to be Johnson or Sillinger. So it’s got to be Ceulemans, I think.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Ceulemans and a pick around 10 OA is a pretty great start. Impressive production for a freshman coming from the AJHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad