Rumor: Chychrun Megathread (Asking price has been met per Sportsnet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I think this is fair. But the fact that Lundell has came in and looked incredible, is on an entry deal, and is producing at a high level (4 assists tonight so far as well) takes him out of the equation. And I'm not close to a Florida fan. I root for the Leafs... and I know we likely don't have the pieces to get Chychrun.
My bad, must have confused you. I agree, Lundell has made himself invaluable to Florida and therefor will not be moved. Maybe in 3 years he asks for a large deal and Florida is put into a position where they need to choose between him and a few other players. I don't know that the Coyotes will be in the market when that time comes around but someone will if Florida chooses to move on.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Tippett, Denisenko/Samoskevich, and the ‘23 1st does “technically” meet the requirement. Lol. That sucks so much. Florida is obviously showcasing Tippett, too.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Tippett, Denisenko/Samoskevich, and the ‘23 1st does “technically” meet the requirement. Lol. That sucks so much. Florida is obviously showcasing Tippett, too.
What if we bring back Chipchura to play with him. Rekindle the Tipchura magic? Or was it pain? I forget.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Hold up. Our director of hockey ops and director of pro scouting were at FLA-CLB tonight?

Jesus tap dancing Christ we’re gonna trade chychrun for a package where Owen Tippett is headlining aren’t we?

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
I don’t think Chych ends up getting traded. Unless he has secretly requested out, it feels like BA is waiting for an offer that blows the doors off. If it doesn’t come, which seems to be the case thus far, we have a great centerpiece to build around. Win-win.

rt

May 13, 2004
Hold up. Our director of hockey ops and director of pro scouting were at FLA-CLB tonight?

Jesus tap dancing Christ we’re gonna trade chychrun for a package where Owen Tippett is headlining aren’t we?
Yes and no. We’ll also get the 2023 1st, which is better than Tippett. So in that case the pick is the headliner. You better just pray there’s a 3rd piece that’s better than both (Knight or Samoskevich).

Honestly, we still get trounced in that trade.

Unless it’s Knight AND Samoskevich, along with Tippett and the 1st. That would actually be a fine trade. But it ain’t gonna happen. Maybe if we retain 50% on Chychrun.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Yes and no. We’ll also get the 2023 1st, which is better than Tippett. So in that case the pick is the headliner. You better just pray there’s a 3rd piece that’s better than both (Knight or Samoskevich).

Honestly, we still get trounced in that trade.

Unless it’s Knight AND Samoskevich, along with Tippett and the 1st. That would actually be a fine trade. But it ain’t gonna happen. Maybe if we retain 50% on Chychrun.
My prediction is Knight, Tippett, 2023 first. Knight is the big piece, and you can argue he’s the big piece. And then you pray that the 2023 first is either unprotected or is as low as possible.

After all that…I still don’t like it

rt

May 13, 2004
My prediction is Knight, Tippett, 2023 first. Knight is the big piece, and you can argue he’s the big piece. And then you pray that the 2023 first is either unprotected or is as low as possible.

I think you might be right. It’s a horrifically bad package for Jakob Chychrun, though. As I’ve said, I could stomach it with Samoskevich instead of Tippett. I could be okay with it if Samoskevich were simply added to it.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don’t think Chych ends up getting traded. Unless he has secretly requested out, it feels like BA is waiting for an offer that blows the doors off. If it doesn’t come, which seems to be the case thus far, we have a great centerpiece to build around. Win-win.
Yup. BA's thinking was that after the year Chych had, put his name out there and ask Eichel like and see who came calling. So far it looks like he has the quantity to make it Eichel like, but not the quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If you’re going to trade him, trade him now. He’s only 23 but has a long history of injuries. If he blows out a knee (again) because BA wanted to wait until TDL that would be tragic.

Reactions: Prarievarg

CoSi

Nov 15, 2021
If you’re going to trade him, trade him now. He’s only 23 but has a long history of injuries. If he blows out a knee (again) because BA wanted to wait until TDL that would be tragic.
Not even just if he blows out his knee. His skating looks horrible right now and while I hope it's just rust, his value decreases with every game he plays. I hope he finds his stride again and if he does I wouldn't mind keeping him, but I would be cautious to hold onto him as he's got 40-year-old legs at 23...

AZviaNJ

Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Not even just if he blows out his knee. His skating looks horrible right now and while I hope it's just rust, his value decreases with every game he plays. I hope he finds his stride again and if he does I wouldn't mind keeping him, but I would be cautious to hold onto him as he's got 40-year-old legs at 23...
All star weekend is the perfect time to get this done.

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016

This was CBJ’s lineup last night. Still holding on to hope it could be them with one of those early picks attached. Looks like they had a few guys out of the lineup. Who could we have been looking at here? I don’t picture Sillinger being available.

rt

May 13, 2004

This was CBJ’s lineup last night. Still holding on to hope it could be them with one of those early picks attached. Looks like they had a few guys out of the lineup. Who could we have been looking at here? I don’t picture Sillinger being available.

Bemstrom, probably. Not a fan.

EDIT: should say that while his goal numbers outside the NHL are eye-popping, I think he’s has major issues finding time and space to play his game as a sniper in the NHL. Similar to Tippett in Florida. Now, he’s not getting PP time, which is where the time and space lives. That may change, here. But how much better is he than whoever he replaces on the PP? Especially as young talent enters the fold.

Additionally, he’s one of those guys who’s fancy stats say he’s got good underlying numbers and must be a good 200ft player because everything’s above 50% and bad things don’t seem to happen much when he’s out there. But when I watch him, my eye can’t pick up how he’s contributing to that. It doesn’t LOOK like it to me. If that makes sense.

He’s basically Owen Tippett for me. A fine little roll of the dice. But I don’t think he’s a meaningful asset. Not like Jakob Chychrun is a meaningful asset. Chychrun is having an outlier season right now. He’s going to be a top 10-30 D for a long, long time.

Last edited:

AZviaNJ

Mar 31, 2011
AZ

Can Florida afford give up Knight? They are legit Cup contenders and if Bob was to go down they’d be in big trouble without Knight.

I think we’re looking at something like Tippett (15th on the team in scoring), ‘23 first and then a negotiation on the remaining piece. Florida might’ve offered Juolevi…AZ probably wants Denisenko.

rt

May 13, 2004
Can Florida afford give up Knight? They are legit Cup contenders and if Bob was to go down they’d be in big trouble without Knight.

I think we’re looking at something like Tippett (15th on the team in scoring), ‘23 first and then a negotiation on the remaining piece. Florida might’ve offered Juolevi…AZ probably wants Denisenko.
Knight is in the AHL.

Thst package is barely better than what they got for Kuemper.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Yup. BA's thinking was that after the year Chych had, put his name out there and ask Eichel like and see who came calling. So far it looks like he has the quantity to make it Eichel like, but not the quality.
BA is n't getting close to an Eichel quality return, he was an established 1C when he was traded, Chych isn't even a top pairing or 1D yet.

rt

May 13, 2004
BA is n't getting close to an Eichel quality return, he was an established 1C when he was traded, Chych isn't even a top pairing or 1D yet.
Eichel had to have his head chopped off, publicly demanded a trade and was embroiled in an extremely ugly media battle for his freedom wherein both sides were leaking ugly smear stories about his lack of character and the team’s negligent medical practices and totalitarian approach to treating players.

You’d have thought he escaping North Korea if you read what his side leaked and you’d have thought he was Mike Ribeiro’s dealer and bookie if you read what the other side leaked. Also he makes 10aav and while he didn’t have a NMC yet, one does kick in next season and when he’s that vocal, you better believe teams had to make sure he was happy to go there first. Buffalo had a gun to their head. They were dealing from the worst possible position of leverage. Red flags galore on Eichel.

This isn’t the same. Buffalo managed to get a fantastic return, all things considered. There are less things to consider with Chychrun. He absolutely should return nearly as much, given the totality of context.

Reactions: Nowotny

AZviaNJ

Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Knight is in the AHL.

Thst package is barely better than what they got for Kuemper.
Knight was recalled and expected to start tonight against NYR. He's started 14 of Florida's 46 games and only goalie other than Bob to play for Fla this season.

No way he's included in a trade with Arizona, if he is I'll buy you a 4-6 pack of whatever IPA Craig Morgan is forced to drink :D

rt

May 13, 2004
Knight was recalled and expected to start tonight against NYR. He's started 14 of Florida's 46 games and only goalie other than Bob to play for Fla this season.

No way he's included in a trade with Arizona, if he is I'll buy you a 4-6 pack of whatever IPA Craig Morgan is forced to drink :D
It better be Tippett AND Samoskevich AND Denisenko AND the 1st. LOL.

I’d rather have Samoskevich than Knight, anyway. I’d rank Knight over Denisenko but it’s close.

Another, unrelated point: Often times, GMs are hesitant to move the first kid they drafted as GM. But Zito doesn’t have a background in scouting or in amateur hockey. So I don’t see him being as sentimental as a guy like BA might be.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Swayman and Knight have both had stellar NCAA results. They're both quite new to the NHL but Swayman has already put up above average results while Knight is tracking below average in the NHL.

I'd be happy to get Swayman in a Crouse deal but I don't want either one in a Chychrun deal.
Sorry but I highly doubt your getting sway for crouse. Cant see it.

rt

May 13, 2004
Sorry but I highly doubt your getting sway for crouse. Cant see it.
I agree. I don’t think Boston does that. Who knows what happens with Rask? And Swayman with Ullmark is affordable enough in the near term.

I do think they’d be open to moving Swayman in a deal they believe puts them over the top. Like for Chychrun. But I don’t see it for Crouse. He helps their Cup chances, but not enough to put themselves in a huge bind next season and beyond, when it comes to goaltending.

Reactions: The don godfather
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad