• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Chychrun got tired of the three ring circus and wanted out. Same for Kuemper and OEL finally came to his senses and agreed to a trade.
and who could blame him. He wants to play on a competitive team the final 3 years of his current deal which will allow him to cash in on his next deal. Hope it works out for both Chych and the Coyotes.

Reactions: RABBIT and Jakey53

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Chychrun got tired of the three ring circus and wanted out. Same for Kuemper and OEL finally came to his senses and agreed to a trade.
Pure speculation that Chychrun wanted out before his name started circulating like he was no more to the team than trade goods. We all think that Chyck had every reason to want out, but there is no evidence that he initiated this situation. If you have the evidence, the public quotes, please do reply with them. I want to read them.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I like Craig, but he is as much in the team's pocket as Mike Jurecki was in the years before Mike went to work for the Cardinals.
If he’s in the pocket then he knows

Pure speculation that Chychrun wanted out before his name started circulating like he was no more to the team than trade goods. We all think that Chyck had every reason to want out, but there is no evidence that he initiated this situation. If you have the evidence, the public quotes, please do reply with them. I want to read them.
It was either Marek and Friedman or Morgan who commented that Chychrun’s camp was ipset when they heard the quote he wasn’t available when the Isles asked last year. I’m not going to do a search. You can either take my word or go down podcast lane.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If he’s in the pocket then he knows

It was either Marek and Friedman or Morgan who commented that Chychrun’s camp was ipset when they heard the quote he wasn’t available when the Isles asked last year. I’m not going to do a search. You can either take my word or go down podcast lane.
I think it was Morgan AND the 32T guys who said that. Chychrun started to catch the wandering eye syndrome when Garland, OEL, Kuemper and Dvorak got traded for futures.

He wasn’t alone. I listened to a very bitter and snarky Clayton Keller on the Cam and Strick podcast last summer. Difference is that Keller’s contract vs performance made him completely untradable at the time. But he was telling a sob story about him and Schmaltz and Garland and Dvorak and Chychrun talking with eachother about how great they were going to be and that it was something special.

If Chychrun was just injured a lot but wanted to stay, I’d be happy. If he just wanted out but wasn’t injured a lot, I’d be okay too (just convince him to stay). But the fact that he’s injured a lot AND wants out, makes this much easier to swallow.

I like Chychrun. But I’m excited to see the return package. I’m more hopeful for a good trade return for Chychrun than I am for a good Chychrun return.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
All seem a piece lite...

Zellweger+10th
Neighbours+Bolduc
Raty+13th
Ceulemans+12th

These definitately are a piece lite

D. Faber+19th
E. Knies+25th
F. Knight+Samoskevich
G. Wolf+Coronato
H. Kochetkov+Morrow

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I think if you have an opportunity to get Raty that’s something to jump at. His Liiga stats remind me of Sebastian Aho the year after he was drafted.

Reactions: Nowotny

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
All seem a piece lite...

Zellweger+10th
Neighbours+Bolduc
Raty+13th
Ceulemans+12th

These definitately are a piece lite

D. Faber+19th
E. Knies+25th
F. Knight+Samoskevich
G. Wolf+Coronato
H. Kochetkov+Morrow
I was just trying to focus on the two best pieces. Rumors were BA wanted three or even four pieces. Other considerations are cap and contracts, etc. I was mostly just throwing out some "principal" packages.

I was thinking about Edmonton today. They have so many guys to sign and so little cap-space. I was thinking about what we might be able to get in terms of value from not only trading them Chychrun but also retaining on him and also accepting cap-dumps like Kassian and Barrie as part of the return.

No doubt we want a '23 1st. And Broberg seems like a no-brainer. But I wonder if we couldn't get Xavier Bourgault as well. That would be pretty exciting. Edmonton needs to go for broke.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Everything is speculation, but reading between the lines leans to him wanting out. BA said himself he was the ONLY UNTOUCHABLE. Then after OEL, Garland, DVO and Kuemper were traded, all of a sudden Chych's name comes up in trades. But like you said, all speculation.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I was just trying to focus on the two best pieces. Rumors were BA wanted three or even four pieces. Other considerations are cap and contracts, etc. I was mostly just throwing out some "principal" packages.

I was thinking about Edmonton today. They have so many guys to sign and so little cap-space. I was thinking about what we might be able to get in terms of value from not only trading them Chychrun but also retaining on him and also accepting cap-dumps like Kassian and Barrie as part of the return.

No doubt we want a '23 1st. And Broberg seems like a no-brainer. But I wonder if we couldn't get Xavier Bourgault as well. That would be pretty exciting. Edmonton needs to go for broke.
I wonder if Chych's trade request (if there was one) caught BA off guard, and had to save face by saying he went from untouchable to must be traded because he was worth three of four pieces, with those pieces maybe being pie in the sky roll your eyes type trades because none came to fruition. Draft day will be interesting, especially if Chych isn't traded then.

Reactions: Mangosteen

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I wonder if Chych's trade request (if there was one) caught BA off guard, and had to save face by saying he went from untouchable to must be traded because he was worth three of four pieces, with those pieces maybe being pie in the sky roll your eyes type trades because none came to fruition. Draft day will be interesting, especially if Chych isn't traded then.
I think Chych was ok with the OEL trade, he knew it was coming because OEL was older and made a fortune. That opened up the #1D spot for Chych clearly, Chych was ok with that. I can see him being ok with Kuemper trade too, made sense. The pitch to Chych (no pun intended) from BA was likely that we are keeping our young core for the future. Then BA includes Garland in the OEL trade, lets Bunting go, and the last straw was DVO gone. Keeping those 3 players and Chych would think we could have a good team in a year or two. Getting rid of all of them was likely the opposite of what BA told Chych and it strings out the time frame to 3-5 years before the team makes the playoffs. The wait to become better was too long for Chych, and hurts his earning potential, I am sure he told BA he wants out.

I like where BA is going with the team but I still say he waited a year to start the rebuild which was a mistake. It cost us Garland in an OEL trade, it prolonged the point at which we can be a better team by one year, and now Chych wants out. We would have gotten a better return, giving up less to trade OEL (Garland), and by getting more for Chych last summer. BA has misplayed his hand, nothing we can do about it now, just hope for a decent return for Chych, but I'll warn everyone, the return will be less than we all expect.

Reactions: Gwyddbwyll

AZviaNJ

Mar 31, 2011
AZ

Is BA going to get more than 2 great pieces? eg: EDM 1st + Broberg, NYI 13oa + Raty? What has Chychrun really proven to generate that type of return? He's had 1 season, maybe 2 that he played like a first pairing Dman, sure he has a great contract but he also has an injury history missing 117 of 454 games in his NHL career <75% games played.

Getting 2 or 3 great pieces for Chychrun would be an outstanding return.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Is BA going to get more than 2 great pieces? eg: EDM 1st + Broberg, NYI 13oa + Raty? What has Chychrun really proven to generate that type of return? He's had 1 season, maybe 2 that he played like a first pairing Dman, sure he has a great contract but he also has an injury history missing 117 of 454 games in his NHL career <75% games played.

Chychrun could end up being worth more to us than another team.

I think Chych was ok with the OEL trade, he knew it was coming because OEL was older and made a fortune. That opened up the #1D spot for Chych clearly, Chych was ok with that. I can see him being ok with Kuemper trade too, made sense. The pitch to Chych (no pun intended) from BA was likely that we are keeping our young core for the future. Then BA includes Garland in the OEL trade, lets Bunting go, and the last straw was DVO gone. Keeping those 3 players and Chych would think we could have a good team in a year or two. Getting rid of all of them was likely the opposite of what BA told Chych and it strings out the time frame to 3-5 years before the team makes the playoffs. The wait to become better was too long for Chych, and hurts his earning potential, I am sure he told BA he wants out.

I like where BA is going with the team but I still say he waited a year to start the rebuild which was a mistake. It cost us Garland in an OEL trade, it prolonged the point at which we can be a better team by one year, and now Chych wants out. We would have gotten a better return, giving up less to trade OEL (Garland), and by getting more for Chych last summer. BA has misplayed his hand, nothing we can do about it now, just hope for a decent return for Chych, but I'll warn everyone, the return will be less than we all expect.
We should know is a couple of months.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

I'm not sure about this... trading OEL when we did meant we could take advantage of a desperate VAN team, you have to remember we got a top ten pick (Guenther) as part of the deal. Plus we didn't have leverage because OEL had a full NMC and reportedly would only consider VAN or BOS. More importantly I don't think the Canucks make that same trade a year earlier because they weren't as desperate having just won a couple playoff rounds (if you count play-in) and taking VGK to seven games.

In my mind, OEL + Garland is about even or maybe even advantage AZ (OEL's contract is that bad and getting worse every year, signed through 2027!), then we got Guenther for 3 one-year cap dumps (definitely advantage AZ esp during a rebuild). So I think BA did really well with what we got for OEL esp bc of his no-move.

But, like you said we would've certainly got more for Chych last year that much is certainly true. Yet I'm still optimistic BA can get a good return for Chych, so far he's won every trade or at least come out even (also thinking of Kuemper, Stepan, Ladd, Ghost Bear deals etc etc)

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I don't see any team stepping up to meet the price. The Coyotes are a better team with Chychrun and is the typical player BA loves. The team will make improvements over the summer. The tank season is over and it's all about this summer.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I don't see any team stepping up to meet the price. The Coyotes are a better team with Chychrun and is the typical player BA loves. The team will make improvements over the summer. The tank season is over and it's all about this summer.
Talent is not there. Team is a bottom 5 for sure next season. Hopefully bottom 3. THEN they can get good.

Would love if Chychrun sees the path and wants to be a part of it. If not, BA has to knock the trade out of the park.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

I think that the league wide response was that the Chychrun ask was high. It certainly wasn't laughter. Chychrun has more value to the league's GMs than you think.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Talent is not there. Team is a bottom 5 for sure next season. Hopefully bottom 3. THEN they can get good.

Would love if Chychrun sees the path and wants to be a part of it. If not, BA has to knock the trade out of the park.
I expect a great summer for BA.
McBain and Smith haven't played with the "core" yet!
Add in Cooley, Guenther, Soderstrom, and at least 1 other 2022 draftee to a team that screwed up the tank this season with a run before the trade deadline. Yeah, I'm optimistic. I do have my concerns with injuries, how they're healing, and psychological impact from their injuries.
The overly optimistic me think that if we can get the right RHD to pair with Chychrun, we can be a playoff team (without using the 3rd OA or other "improvements" brought in). At the moment, we look like a "on the wrong side of the bubble team", but better than being a bottom 5.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

When it comes to draft order, you can’t count your duckies before they hatch. I fear a slot around 15 awaits us.

AZviaNJ

Mar 31, 2011
AZ
1. Kraken
2. Buffalo
3. NJD
4. Ottawa
5. Frozen Shithole
All 5 of those teams were better than Arizona this past year. Buffalo, NJD, Ottawa and Detroit are all ahead of the Coyotes rebuild cycle. We’re definitely a bottom 5 team and probably closer to worst than 5th.

Reactions: PainForShane

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
1. Kraken
2. Buffalo
3. NJD
4. Ottawa
5. Frozen Shithole
1 - Kraken, yes
2 - Buffalo, maybe. The youngD core is impressive though. They need a goalie.
3 - NJD, no. Their top 6 talent is great and they have a good core of D. Blackwood will be better this year in goal.
4 - Ottawa, doubt it. Too much talent. They should be turning the corner.
5 - dont know which team you are referring to. Assuming a Western Canadian team? Cant imagine any of them being worse than the Coyotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad