• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
What is going on with Fletcher in Philly? He’s been an absolute train wreck. That Gostisbehere for Ristolainen trade tree should’ve cost him his job. It didn’t. But apparently he can’t even hire his own coach. And literally had one hired against his wishes.

The end is near for him. He should be desperate.

Chychrun for #5?

How can you build a team without being able to pick the coach? I can see if you're brought in to build a team for a coach that's already there but he's been building this team and supposedly they fired the coach to try and bring in someone better to manage the team Fletcher has built. That's bizarre. If you don't trust him to hire the coach, just fire him already.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
What is going on with Fletcher in Philly? He’s been an absolute train wreck. That Gostisbehere for Ristolainen trade tree should’ve cost him his job. It didn’t. But apparently he can’t even hire his own coach. And literally had one hired against his wishes.

The end is near for him. He should be desperate.

Chychrun for #5?

If there's one team in the league we should want to trade with, it's the flyers. Fletcher is a joke.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
How can you build a team without being able to pick the coach? I can see if you're brought in to build a team for a coach that's already there but he's been building this team and supposedly they fired the coach to try and bring in someone better to manage the team Fletcher has built. That's bizarre. If you don't trust him to hire the coach, just fire him already.
Fletcher is gone is how i read this.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Attachments

• 0FFBDB50-547D-4CAF-8D9B-38017327F1A5.jpeg
    0FFBDB50-547D-4CAF-8D9B-38017327F1A5.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 11

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
It’s a shame they’ve got Provorov and Sanheim already.
We could swap Chychrun for Provorov. I imagine that we would get another asset due to Chychrun being a year younger and a couple mil cheaper.

rt

May 13, 2004
We could swap Chychrun for Provorov. I imagine that we would get another asset due to Chychrun being a year younger and a couple mil cheaper.
I don’t see it. Maybe they move Provorov first and then trade with us. Kinda like the moving Gostisbehere to get Ristolainen?

rt

May 13, 2004
I don’t see it. Maybe they move Provorov first and then trade with us. Kinda like the moving Gostisbehere to get Ristolainen?
Is there a trade where Philly gets Chychrun and #19, LA gets Provorov and #31, while we get #5 and Durzi?

Does going from Durzi to Provorov justify moving down from #19 to #31? It’s probably close, right?

Does going from Provorov to Chychrun justify moving down from #5 to #19? Ehhhhh maybe?

Chychrun for #5 is good value for us. And #31 for Durzi is too. Maybe AZ is getting too good of a deal and Philly not good enough?

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I don't see the Coyotes finishing bottom 5 next season. I was sure if I removed their horrid start they would not have been a bottom 5 team, but when I used the feature on NHL.com to compare records the last 62 games of the season, there they were 5th worst based on points percentage.

Screenshot_20220615-155932_Chrome.jpg

So then I said to myself "self" they'll look much better if I also remove games after Keller injured himself so I removed all games after March 31st.....lo and behold the Coyotes still in the bottom 5.

Screenshot_20220615-160122_Chrome.jpg

So when's the 2023 draft Lottery?

:popcorn:

rt

May 13, 2004
Interesting conversation on 32 Thoughts about the Ducks and Gibson. Talking about how picking up Chychrun could convince Gibson that Anaheim wants a quicker turnaround and he should stay. They said a big trade like that and a marquee UFA signing with all of their amazing amounts of capspace would do it.

I’m saying something based around Zellweger and 10th overall for Chychrun and Then they sign Filip Forsberg or Johnny Gaudreau would go a long way.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Interesting conversation on 32 Thoughts about the Ducks and Gibson. Talking about how picking up Chychrun could convince Gibson that Anaheim wants a quicker turnaround and he should stay. They said a big trade like that and a marquee UFA signing with all of their amazing amounts of capspace would do it.

I’m saying something based around Zellweger and 10th overall for Chychrun and Then they sign Filip Forsberg or Johnny Gaudreau would go a long way.
I wish there was some way to pry Mason McTavish out of Anaheim.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I’d do Chychrun 1:1 - I don’t think they would.
I honestly doubt BA would either. I think he's sticking to getting multiple high quality pieces rather than 1, even if that 1 has the potential to be extremely high quality.

If it's Anaheim, it'll likely revolve around Zellweger and Comtois.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I wish there was some way to pry Mason McTavish out of Anaheim.
Anaheim "reached" for a big, talented C with their draft pick. Now they have a big, talented C and I'm sure they have no intention of giving that up.

One year later and it's us who have the high draft pick. Will be interesting to see if we do what Anaheim did.

Reactions: Nowotny

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA

It seems like it would be easier to just trade Gibson and continue the rebuild in Anaheim. He only has a 10 team MNTC according to CF.

rt

May 13, 2004
I honestly doubt BA would either. I think he's sticking to getting multiple high quality pieces rather than 1, even if that 1 has the potential to be extremely high quality.

If it's Anaheim, it'll likely revolve around Zellweger and Comtois.
I remember a quote form Verbeek about wanting a big strong blueline and a skilled fast forward group. I think that makes Comtois+Zellweger good targets.

BA wanted a good young roster player (Comtois) a bluechip prospect (Zellweger) and a 1st (22nd overall from Boston?). Seems like a fit.

EDIT: Could see Chesley there at 22nd.

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
It seems like it would be easier to just trade Gibson and continue the rebuild in Anaheim. He only has a 10 team MNTC according to CF.
That’s an option. But they’re in a unique spot. Their best young assets are all in the NHL or very nearly NHL ready (like next season). You don’t want to get stuck in that slump where you can’t crawl out of a rebuild. Then again, you don’t want to cut the cord too early. But I think something like moving a later 1st round pick and a couple of your lesser young assets (Comtois and Zellweger) for a 24 year old Chychrun and then giving a bazillion dollars to a 27 year old Forsberg makes some sense. They can hang onto the 10th overall. And the likes of Dostal, Helleson, Perreault, and McTavish are still around and still ready for the NHL next season. Kinda the best of both. They can make the playoffs without compromising the rebuild much at all.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I remember a quote form Verbeek about wanting a big strong blueline and a skilled fast forward group. I think that makes Comtois+Zellweger good targets.

BA wanted a good young roster player (Comtois) a bluechip prospect (Zellweger) and a 1st (22nd overall from Boston?). Seems like a fit.

Why do you classify Zellweger and blue chip prospect? I would want their 10OA instead of the 22nd.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
That’s an option. But they’re in a unique spot. Their best young assets are all in the NHL or very nearly NHL ready (like next season). You don’t want to get stuck in that slump where you can’t crawl out of a rebuild. Then again, you don’t want to cut the cord too early. But I think something like moving a later 1st round pick and a couple of your lesser young assets (Comtois and Zellweger) for a 24 year old Chychrun and then giving a bazillion dollars to a 27 year old Forsberg makes some sense. They can hang onto the 10th overall. And the likes of Dostal, Helleson, Perreault, and McTavish are still around and still ready for the NHL next season. Kinda the best of both. They can make the playoffs without compromising the rebuild much at all.
Yea, I think using the Boston pick changes things. If you're popping 22 out instead of 10 and can still land Chychrun, you make that trade as long as the other parts aren't too nutty. Comtois is a wildcard where he could be a physical, 60 point forward, making the trade lopsided for AZ. Zellweger is a fantastic D prospect who's just about ready as well. I think I'd bite on this deal, even though I'd really prefer 10. Zellweger's season definitely has changed the potential proposals from January. I'd never have accepted this deal 6 months ago, but now? It's got some bite and I'm interested.

rt

May 13, 2004
Yea, I think using the Boston pick changes things. If you're popping 22 out instead of 10 and can still land Chychrun, you make that trade as long as the other parts aren't too nutty. Comtois is a wildcard where he could be a physical, 60 point forward, making the trade lopsided for AZ. Zellweger is a fantastic D prospect who's just about ready as well. I think I'd bite on this deal, even though I'd really prefer 10. Zellweger's season definitely has changed the potential proposals from January. I'd never have accepted this deal 6 months ago, but now? It's got some bite and I'm interested.
Pick one:

A: Comtois+Zellweger+22nd
B: Comtois+Perreault+10th

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Why do you classify Zellweger and blue chip prospect? I would want their 10OA instead of the 22nd.
dude just put up a monster season in Everett, rocketing the conversation about his potential towards Fox vs Gostisbehere.

Pick one:

A: Comtois+Zellweger+22nd
B: Comtois+Perreault+10th
I take option B pretty easily, I'd bet Anaheim prefer we select A.

Attachments

• 1655404021495.png
    1655404021495.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 3

rt

May 13, 2004
dude just put up a monster season in Everett, rocketing the conversation about his potential towards Fox vs Gostisbehere.

I think Zellweger’s value is nearly the 10th. He was one of the youngest players (maybe the youngest?) in the last draft. If he was a month younger, he’d be up there with Korchinski and Mintyukov and Mateychuk as potential top 15 or even top 10 in this draft.

I kinda like A better. I think they’re about even. I’d be more okay with Zellweger at 10 than Perreault at 22, I think. But it’s close for me.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I think Zellweger’s value is nearly the 10th. He was one of the youngest players (maybe the youngest?) in the last draft. If he was a month younger, he’d be up there with Korchinski and Mintyukov and Mateychuk as potential top 15 or even top 10 in this draft.

I kinda like A better. I think they’re about even. I’d be more okay with Zellweger at 10 than Perreault at 22, I think. But it’s close for me.
I agree, but I don't want to select at 10, I want to trade up using 27 and another pick to 5, where I grab Cutter to go along with Cooley/Slafkovsky. I also don't want to chance Zellweger isn't in the same sphere as Fox. If he isn't a high end offensive D in the NHL, his value plummets.

Perreault plays a style that's suitable for lines 1-4, and you can either draft a bigger Zellweger or trade around more easily. I also like Perreault more than who I think is there at 22. It seems less risky and can deliver just as high a reward.

Both deals are perfectly acceptable, I just think B is a safer pick with just as much boom associated.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I agree, but I don't want to select at 10, I want to trade up using 27 and another pick to 5, where I grab Cutter to go along with Cooley/Slafkovsky. I also don't want to chance Zellweger isn't in the same sphere as Fox. If he isn't a high end offensive D in the NHL, his value plummets.

Perreault plays a style that's suitable for lines 1-4, and you can either draft a bigger Zellweger or trade around more easily. I also like Perreault more than who I think is there at 22. It seems less risky and can deliver just as high a reward.

Both deals are perfectly acceptable, I just think B is a safer pick with just as much boom associated.
You know what, scratch all of what I said @rt , let's do A and go for the big BOOM!

Maybe post the 2 options on the trade board with the 32 thoughts link and see what kind of reaction the two options receive. Might give us some clarity.

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
You know what, scratch all of what I said @rt , let's do A and go for the big BOOM!

Maybe post the 2 options on the trade board with the 32 thoughts link and see what kind of reaction the two options receive. Might give us some clarity.
I’m in the Ducks subforum now. It’s split so far. Most are skeptical that Verbeek would do it. They’re thinking move Gibson and continue the rebuild. I’m just not sure the owners and management are willing to go backwards from last season. I see them wanting to build on that momentum without ditching the key pieces of the rebuild or going all in on older players. I think 27th we old UFAs and 24 year old trade chips are aligned.

Reactions: YotesFan47

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

Take out Comtois and make it Zellweger + 10. Not sure ANA would do that though.

I think it's more likely they move #10 than Zellweger. He could be a non-starter like McTavish.

So maybe it's something around pick #10 + #22?

Or, package of:
- pick #10
- Calle Clang (high end G prospect)
- ANA 2nd rounder 2023 (highest of the 3 they have)
- ANA 3rd rounder 2023 (or a swap of our DAL/WSH 3rd for their BOS/COL 2nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln