• Remains a Yote

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
IF and that’s a huge if, that’s the case, sianara, I think that shows lack of character.
Why, because he doesn't want to follow in OEL's footsteps and waste the best years of his career playing for a non playoff team, and now playing in a 5000 seat arena AND not happy with the way AT utilized him (Chych's words not mine)? Chych's next contract will be or should be his most lucrative contract and he probably doesn't see himself prosper here because of the circumstances.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Why, because he doesn't want to follow in OEL's footsteps and waste the best years of his career playing for a non playoff team, and now playing in a 5000 seat arena AND not happy with the way AT utilized him (Chych's words not mine)? Chych's next contract will be or should be his most lucrative contract and he probably doesn't see himself prosper here because of the circumstances.
No that’s not why.
His job is to show up and play hockey for the Arizona Coyotes. Character/integrity.
Furthermore, he’s done nothing to warrant demanding anything.
Interesting you use OEL as an example, the same OEL who’s enjoying a contract he can’t seem to live up to and OEL was one helluva lot better player at the same point of his career. As for his next contract, he’d best start playing like he deserves better.
The arena situation is laughable in that the size of the crowd has nothing to do with his ability to man up and play the game.
Lastly, it’s up to him to show the coaching staff his strengths before whining about utilization - last season he showed zilch for the majority of the season.
Like I said, lack of character, IF indeed the scenario you’ve thrown out there has any validity.

Last edited:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
No that’s not why.
His job is to show up and play hockey for the Arizona Coyotes. Character/integrity.
Furthermore, he’s done nothing to warrant demanding anything.
Interesting you use OEL as an example, the same OEL who’s enjoying a contract he can’t seem to live up to and OEL was one helluva lot better player at the same point of his career. As for his next contract, he’d best start playing like he deserves better.
The arena situation is laughable in that the size of the crowd has nothing to do with his ability to man up and play the game.
Lastly, it’s up to him to show the coaching staff his strengths before whining about utilization - last season he showed zilch for the majority of the season.
Like I said, lack of character, IF indeed the scenario you’ve thrown out there has any validity.
Prime OEL was the much better player, we had a few years of that. Too many injuries and too inconsistent on D for BA to land anything close to what he is asking for, time will tell.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Well I guess we’re just gonnahafta finally win a lottery for once. 2nd overall would be nice. Fantilli is like a Matt and Brady Tkachuk hybrid mixed with a Kadri/McKinnon hybrid. A throwback Getzlaf/Backes type. And he’s basically my favorite prospect pretty much forever.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
That package scares me a little because I don’t value Perunovich or Hofer much at all. Like 3rd round pick level. I like Kostin as a depth player, but his value isn’t very high. Probably like the other two.

I love Neighbours. I value him like a mid-first. I value him about the same as McGroarty who I have 14th. Problem is he’s a winger.

They’ve got center in Bolduc, but I’m really not as high on him as some. I have Neighbours way ahead of him. I don’t really value him much more (if at all more) than their ‘22 1st.

So if you start combining top assets like Neighbours and Bolduc and a 1st, I’m onboard. I just struggle to see STL actually doing that.
I just saw article at THW by Ethan Carter suggesting Zachary Bolduc,Klim Kostin,Niko Mikkola and 2023 1st round and 2022 4th round picks for Chychrun
Any thought?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think that playing in a 6000 person arena could be a hell of a lot of fun.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
If Boston deals Pasta that makes how many teams actively tanking?

I'm not buying these Pasta rumours, especially with the change in coach (if there was even a rift there). And if they did trade him, I think they were forced to trade him, I think they'll be targeting existing NHL players and/or NHL ready prospects -- not pure futures. So I really don't think they're going to be that bad, TBH. I also expect them to be a player in free agency for guys like Kadri or others if Bergeron retires.

Reactions: Jakey53

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I just saw article at THW by Ethan Carter suggesting Zachary Bolduc,Klim Kostin,Niko Mikkola and 2023 1st round and 2022 4th round picks for Chychrun
Any thought?

I've come to really appreciate that THW is essentially a collection of people like us or others on HF Boards just giving their opinions that are little (if any) more informed than people like us on the outside who just speculate. I don't believe any of them are really embedded with their teams in a way they have any inside knowledge.

Looking at that package. there are 2 good assets mixed with a bunch of garbage. Bolduc + 2023 first is a good starting point, but what do we need a 26 year old Mikkola for? And Kostin and yet another 2022 4th do nothing for me.

If that was posted on the HF boards Trade forum, I'd rip it as a bad proposal :)

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I'm not buying these Pasta rumours, especially with the change in coach (if there was even a rift there). And if they did trade him, I think they were forced to trade him, I think they'll be targeting existing NHL players and/or NHL ready prospects -- not pure futures. So I really don't think they're going to be that bad, TBH. I also expect them to be a player in free agency for guys like Kadri or others if Bergeron retires.

jmelm -- take a look at their cap, most ppl don't realize but I think it might be one of the worst in the league (it's certainly one of the hardest to solve, it's a structural problem at least for next 2-3 years).

Whatever they saved over the years by underpaying their superstars (and refusing to pay Torey Krug) they more than overspent on multiple mid-tier players ie Coyle, Debrusk, Foligno, Craig Smith (15m between just those four), bottom pair D etc, the only ELC guy on their entire roster is Jeremy Swayman.

They have no money this summer. Even if Bergeron retires they will still have no money (though I'm sure they'll find a way to re-sign Bergeron if he wants to play). Anyway imo no way they will be able to be active in this summer's UFA, esp with Pasta needing a raise next year.

But, I am in total agreement they desperately need a 1C if Bergeron retires (and a 2C either way). Easier said than done, they're in a tough spot rn

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
BUF, OTT and NJD are all going to be substantially better this year. Just look how BUF played in the 2nd half and that was with below average goaltending. OTT and NJD both had unlucky injury issues and goaltening issues that are unlikely to repeat themselves, and all 3 teams young players are in the midst of, or on the verge of, breaking out.

Kraken should be brutal unless they (unwisely) spend huge money on adding multiple high end UFAs. MTL should be awful again if they're smart (but who know about fan pressure).

I'm going to add Philly because I think they'll suck pretty hard but if Hart gets his game back on track, and if they get a big UFA (Gaudreau, Kadri, Klingberg, whoever) and a good coach, they could finish more in the 8-12 worst range.

And CHI should be the worst team in the NHL next year. They'll trade DeBrincat, after which point there's a good chance Kane and/or Toews say they want out.

So some combination of Hawks, Kraken, Habs, Yotes, and possibly Flyers or Anaheim (if some things go wrong for those latter 2, like injuries, etc.) should comprise the bottom of the barrel next year.

Rumors out of Chicago are Debrincat to NJ for the #2 overall. Not sure what other pieces were mentioned.

I was shocked at the original asking price for Chychrun, but it made sense to me because I didn't think BA actually wanted to move him. I seem to recall BA even mentioned at one point that he's not interested in moving him and it would take a king's ransom to acquire him which is why the price was so ridiculously high. For every proposal I put myself in the seat of both team's GM. Most of the proposals sound great for the Yotes, and straight shit for the other team. I think Chych is pissed too. He has to get moved at this point, and the return will be disappointing. His contract is decent, but beyond that I don't see crazy high value. 21 points in 47 games isn't that impressive for a player often injured with three major surgeries. I hope my gut is wrong on this one and BA is in serious talks with teams dying to acquire this player.
This is the most accurate post in all of the Chychrun Megathreads combined.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

rt

May 13, 2004
Rumors out of Chicago are Debrincat to NJ for the #2 overall. Not sure what other pieces were mentioned.

This is the most accurate post in all of the Chychrun Megathreads combined.
I’d guess Chicago probably wants Cooley over Slafkovsky, right?

Would be pretty exciting to end up with Slafkovsky on the board at #3.

rt

May 13, 2004
That's what I was thinking, too. What a windfall that would be. Cooley is no slouch, but man, Slafkovsky would be awesome.
Yeah, the gap between the two is very narrow for me, but I love Slafkovsky. We should pick him 3rd and then trade Chychrun for Cutter Gauthier.

Slafkovsky-Gauthier-Guenther

^ whoaaaaaaaaaaaa

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
Yeah, the gap between the two is very narrow for me, but I love Slafkovsky. We should pick him 3rd and then trade Chychrun for Cutter Gauthier.

Slafkovsky-Gauthier-Guenther

^ whoaaaaaaaaaaaa
That's such an exciting thought. LOL

That's one of those lines where 5 years down the road, you dig back into your post history to remind everyone you called it.

Reactions: PainForShane

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Third line might not be too shabby either

Crouse - Hayton - Doan

Even the 4th line (?)

Ritchie - McBain - Smith

rt

May 13, 2004
What is going on with Fletcher in Philly? He’s been an absolute train wreck. That Gostisbehere for Ristolainen trade tree should’ve cost him his job. It didn’t. But apparently he can’t even hire his own coach. And literally had one hired against his wishes.

The end is near for him. He should be desperate.

Chychrun for #5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad