Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
@ducky

Chychrun for Perfetti

1:1

?
Risky for Arizona. I get asking for Perfetti. I might be asking for Samberg, their1st and ?? instead.

For the Jets, dont think they can trade Perfetti not knowing what is happening with Dubois' contract and Scheifele's attitude.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Risky for Arizona. I get asking for Perfetti. I might be asking for Samberg, their1st and ?? instead.

For the Jets, dont think they can trade Perfetti not knowing what is happening with Dubois' contract and Scheifele's attitude.
Sam burg 15 + isn’t interesting at all to me. Perfetti or bust. 1:1.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Sam burg 15 + isn’t interesting at all to me. Perfetti or bust. 1:1.
As a Coyotes fan, I agree but think something more is needed.

As a Jets fan, it is tough to deal Perfetti given the uncertainty at C AND Chychrun is not a position of need.

rt

May 13, 2004
As a Coyotes fan, I agree but think something more is needed.

As a Jets fan, it is tough to deal Perfetti given the uncertainty at C AND Chychrun is not a position of need.
I guess Lucius+15 is as good a base as most
of the other two piece deals of posted.

As for the C need, I’m not sure I see Perfetti as a C. I was thinking of him as the LW on the Cooley and Guenther line.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Chychrun for Lucius, Samberg, and a conditional ‘24 1st? @ducky
Good basis for a deal (depending on the condition?). It hurts to give up 2 top prospects but Chychrun could be a difference maker on the blueline.

The Jets dont do this deal before settling the Dubois contract and the Scheifele situation.

rt

May 13, 2004
Good basis for a deal (depending on the condition?). It hurts to give up 2 top prospects but Chychrun could be a difference maker on the blueline.

The Jets dont do this deal before settling the Dubois contract and the Scheifele situation.
To WPG:
Chychrun (25%)

To ARI:
Lucius
Stanley
Samberg
‘22 STL 2nd
‘24 WPG 2nd

To VGK:
Stanley
‘24 STL 2nd

To ARI:
Hague (RFA)

^ basically Chychrun for Lucius, Samberg, Hague and a future 2nd.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
1. Kraken
2. Buffalo
3. NJD
4. Ottawa
5. Frozen Shithole

BUF, OTT and NJD are all going to be substantially better this year. Just look how BUF played in the 2nd half and that was with below average goaltending. OTT and NJD both had unlucky injury issues and goaltening issues that are unlikely to repeat themselves, and all 3 teams young players are in the midst of, or on the verge of, breaking out.

Kraken should be brutal unless they (unwisely) spend huge money on adding multiple high end UFAs. MTL should be awful again if they're smart (but who know about fan pressure).

I'm going to add Philly because I think they'll suck pretty hard but if Hart gets his game back on track, and if they get a big UFA (Gaudreau, Kadri, Klingberg, whoever) and a good coach, they could finish more in the 8-12 worst range.

And CHI should be the worst team in the NHL next year. They'll trade DeBrincat, after which point there's a good chance Kane and/or Toews say they want out.

So some combination of Hawks, Kraken, Habs, Yotes, and possibly Flyers or Anaheim (if some things go wrong for those latter 2, like injuries, etc.) should comprise the bottom of the barrel next year.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
To WPG:
Chychrun (25%)

To ARI:
Lucius
Stanley
Samberg
‘22 STL 2nd
‘24 WPG 2nd

Jets are most definitely NOT a target for Chychrun. They already feel like they have somewhat of a logjam on defense because they feel like Samburg and Heinola are ready to make the jump next year.

At the same time, they have issues up front with a potential Scheifele departure and Wheeler getting long in the tooth. Stastny may leave as well, so that team might do a mini re-load. Either way, they can't afford to give up young forwards who will be part of the next wave, or young Dmen who are on inexpensive contracts. They may even look to move out a player like a Scmidt or Dillon to make room for some of these guys and create some cap space in general.

From our point of view: I actually don't want guys like Stanley and Samberg are key pieces in the deal, because these guys are 24 and 23 already. They'll be hitting UFA right as we're turning the corner. I want to be targeting guys in the 18-22 range and high picks as the core pieces in a JC return.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Nope. You seem to be negotiating against yourself in some of these proposals. I think BA will wait it out and get what he wants. No need to sell below asking.
I wonder if BA sells below asking maybe Chych has demanded a trade and maybe even said he won't attend training camp? Chych is MIA. I think he is one pissed of player.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

rt

May 13, 2004
Nope. You seem to be negotiating against yourself in some of these proposals. I think BA will wait it out and get what he wants. No need to sell below asking.
It think it’s Winnipeg that would be more resistant to that, rather than AZ. You think Perfetti is low value for Chychrun? I’d take Perfetti as high as 4th overall and no later than 7th overall in this draft. I wasn’t as high on him during his draft year, but I stand corrected.

How about the Ceulemans+Korchinski for Chychrun idea?

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I wonder if BA sells below asking maybe Chych has demanded a trade and maybe even said he won't attend training camp? Chych is MIA. I think he is one pissed of player.
I was shocked at the original asking price for Chychrun, but it made sense to me because I didn't think BA actually wanted to move him. I seem to recall BA even mentioned at one point that he's not interested in moving him and it would take a king's ransom to acquire him which is why the price was so ridiculously high. For every proposal I put myself in the seat of both team's GM. Most of the proposals sound great for the Yotes, and straight shit for the other team. I think Chych is pissed too. He has to get moved at this point, and the return will be disappointing. His contract is decent, but beyond that I don't see crazy high value. 21 points in 47 games isn't that impressive for a player often injured with three major surgeries. I hope my gut is wrong on this one and BA is in serious talks with teams dying to acquire this player.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
MIA?

It is the off season. Probably in Florida.

rt

May 13, 2004
I think STL will be the team. They can get another Cup out of that group. There are a lot of faces there too that BA likes.
That package scares me a little because I don’t value Perunovich or Hofer much at all. Like 3rd round pick level. I like Kostin as a depth player, but his value isn’t very high. Probably like the other two.

I love Neighbours. I value him like a mid-first. I value him about the same as McGroarty who I have 14th. Problem is he’s a winger.

They’ve got center in Bolduc, but I’m really not as high on him as some. I have Neighbours way ahead of him. I don’t really value him much more (if at all more) than their ‘22 1st.

So if you start combining top assets like Neighbours and Bolduc and a 1st, I’m onboard. I just struggle to see STL actually doing that.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
How about a pair big Sasky offensive defenders?

Chychrun to CBJ for Corson Ceulemans and Kevin Korchinski (12th)?

Moser-Ceulemans
Korchinski-Soderstrom

I'd put money down on Korchinski not being there at #12, and I think there's a > 50% chance Mintyukov is also gone at #12.

If we're getting a pick in the top 13 range (which includes ANA, NYI, and CLB), we have to be able to get one of Korchinski/Mintyukov/Pickering.

At #10 it's likely that 2 of those 3 are available. At #13 all of them may be gone. So I think we need to see how the draft unfolds if the centerpiece of the JC return is going to be one of the top 5 Dmen in the draft and who's actually available at whatever # pick we acquire.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'd put money down on Korchinski not being there at #12, and I think there's a > 50% chance Mintyukov is also gone at #12.

If we're getting a pick in the top 13 range (which includes ANA, NYI, and CLB), we have to be able to get one of Korchinski/Mintyukov/Pickering.

At #10 it's likely that 2 of those 3 are available. At #13 all of them may be gone. So I think we need to see how the draft unfolds if the centerpiece of the JC return is going to be one of the top 5 Dmen in the draft and who's actually available at whatever # pick we acquire.
I like Mateychuk more than Korchinski, Mintyukov or Pickering anyway. Though I need to watch more Seattle playoff games. From what I understand, Korchinski has found a new level. So I’m excited to see that. I was very unimpressed with his decision making during the regular season. Particularly under pressure. He’s a roller coaster from what I saw. Jaw dropping skill plays and head scratching blunders in equal supply. The best and the worst of Keith Yandle, basically.

Pickering really doesn’t belong in that tier. He’s never flashed that type of ability in any of the games I’ve see. He’s 100% projectabilty of tools. I like Pickering because he can skate and pass despite being super tall. But he usually just looks overwhelmed and mistake prone. He is also maybe the skinniest player in the first round (assuming Firkus drops to the second). He’s a huge project. Will take forever to get there. I have Pickering rated in the 1st, but I expect to have someone I like better available at 27th and I don’t expect him to be there at 31-32.

And if you’re going to say that there’s zero chance Korchinski or a Mateychuk are there at 12, then you also need to say which players are the unexpected fallers who will necessarily be available as a result. You can’t have 16 players in your top 12. Doesn’t work that way.

Reactions: hbk

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
MIA?

It is the off season. Probably in Florida.
Did you see him the last month of the season? No interviews, no TV showings, and not at TED Tempe council meeting. He has gone from untouchable (BA's words not mine) and maybe our next captain to falling off the earth. Chych wants out and now the other teams know this.

Reactions: cobra427
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad