Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Rank em boys

Jarvis, Morrow, 2023 1st
Comtois, Zelweger, 2022 1st (top 5 protected)
Vilardi, Turcotte, 2022 1st
Foudy, Ceulemans, 2022 1st (later of Chi/CBJ)

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Rank em boys

Jarvis, Morrow, 2023 1st
1 - Foudy, Ceulemans, 2022 1st (later of Chi/CBJ)
2 - Jarvis, Morrow, 2023 1st
3 - Comtois, Zelweger, 2022 1st (top 5 protected) - what do the coyotes get if the 1st is top 5?
4 - Vilardi, Turcotte, 2022 1st

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
what do the coyotes get if the 1st is top 5?
rt proposed we get the 2022 1st that they bring in for Lindholm. Seems reasonable, because this trade isn't happening unless Anaheim gets a 1st for Lindholm.

I would prefer that it gets deferred to Anaheim's 2023 1st unprotected.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If Philli is going to revamp their D this summer wouldn’t Chychrun be a prime target?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Rank em boys

Jarvis, Morrow, 2023 1st

CBJ
CAR
ANA
LAK

The first three are close for me tho and could be talked into any being the best value.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

^ Start at 5:30

I take serious issue with how Jose Romero attempted to interpret that. BA is stufferinf and backpedaling and qualifying. There is nothing in that incoherent ramble that I interpret as “Chychrun is safe”. Lol.

Now, I think the telling part is when BA says they do their trades in the off-season. Seems to me like he doesn’t see the TDL as his moment. He seems more committed to and worried about getting free assets for bad contracts.

I don’t get a sense of urgency on Chychrun. But I don’t know how anyone can listen to that and then tweet that Chychrun is safe. Haha. BA very clearly chose not to answer that question at all. He used 800 words to say nothing.

rt

May 13, 2004
Rank em boys

Jarvis, Morrow, 2023 1st
I would do the the Carolina trade, and the Anaheim trade, and the Columbus trade. I would NOT do the LA trade. That one isn't close for me.

ANA, CAR, CBJ are all very close. I'm having a hard time ranking them. But that LA trade is nowhere near, for me.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I want this just over by Monday. It’s damaging to chychrun as a player and as an asset and can’t be good for the outlook of the org either. Plus I’m sick of being glued to it for updates and some media saying one thing and others saying the opposite.

Reactions: lanky

cobra427

May 6, 2012

I take serious issue with how Jose Romero attempted to interpret that. BA is stufferinf and backpedaling and qualifying. There is nothing in that incoherent ramble that I interpret as “Chychrun is safe”. Lol.

Now, I think the telling part is when BA says they do their trades in the off-season. Seems to me like he doesn’t see the TDL as his moment. He seems more committed to and worried about getting free assets for bad contracts.

I don’t get a sense of urgency on Chychrun. But I don’t know how anyone can listen to that and then tweet that Chychrun is safe. Haha. BA very clearly chose not to answer that question at all. He used 800 words to say nothing.

BA talked up Crouse, Keller, Schmaltz, said Crouse was part of the core, didn't say that about Chych and didn't say they were keeping him. I still think he is gone at the TDL.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I want this just over by Monday. It’s damaging to chychrun as a player and as an asset and can’t be good for the outlook of the org either. Plus I’m sick of being glued to it for updates and some media saying one thing and others saying the opposite.
Chych will get over it, if he hasn't already. It might have hit him when he first heard his name, especially hearing last year he was untouchable, but he has people to lean on. BA has every right to do what he is doing, but I hope Chych stays. We all know he is young etc. etc., but he is also home grown. It would be nice for him to stay and see this rebuild through. Mind you, if I was a player like Chych, I would want the hell out.

Reactions: YotesFan47

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
BA talked up Crouse, Keller, Schmaltz, said Crouse was part of the core, didn't say that about Chych and didn't say they were keeping him. I still think he is gone at the TDL.
What did you want him to say? He didn't say Keller or Schmaltz are part of the core. Are they going to be traded? Like BA said, there is a lot of noise this time of year and as a GM he has to listen.

Reactions: Kaizen

cobra427

May 6, 2012
What did you want him to say? He didn't say Keller or Schmaltz are part of the core. Are they going to be traded? Like BA said, there is a lot of noise this time of year and as a GM he has to listen.
You can read into what he says, what he doesn't say, and how he says it. It's pretty clear BA is shopping Chych, he has let everyone know he is available. That is why he is in all the rumors. He is not shopping Keller and schmaltz, thats why you don't hear anything about them being traded. BA could have answered the question about Chyc the same way he answered the question about Crouse or, he could have said, "We plan on keeping Chych and our young core together", if he was really planning on keeping him.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
So apparently Lindholm couldn't agree with ANA about an extension so they're looking to move him (he's a LD). So maybe ANA trades Lindholm and then replaces him with Chych who is younger and better and cheaper.

Would LOVE Mason MacTavish if we could get him. Am probably dreaming but sometimes it's nice to not be chained to reality

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona

My thoughts exactly. There was nothing in that interview that explained really much if anything. I got that Crouse is part of the core and he’s liked what he’s seen from Ritchie and macelli.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Florida trading for everyone but Chychrun.

Florida got fleeced on the Chiarot deal. They'll say it's worth it if they win the Cup, but the alternate history of not making the trade will be unknown.

rt

May 13, 2004
Florida got fleeced on the Chiarot deal. They'll say it's worth it if they win the Cup, but the alternate history of not making the trade will be unknown.
The rumored return on Giroux is a complete fleecing, as well. Dater (questionable) is saying Tippett AND Samoskevich. Haha.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Thoughts on Crouse + Chychrun to Canes for:

Jarvis, Bear, Suzuki, ‘22 2nd, ‘23 1st

rt

May 13, 2004
Would they really be willing to retain? I’d probably say yes to that.
I would hope so. It doesn’t seem we’ll need the slot for Kessel, as there’s apparently little interest in him. And we regain the Kuemper retention slot this summer. So even though, we are steady retaining on OEL, we’d still have one slot open. Which isn’t ideal, but also shouldn’t be a deal-breaker, IMO.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not a fan of Ryan Suzuki. Not at all like Nick Suzuki. Maybe Tourigny can crack him but he reminds me of Boedker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad