• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It’s a little bit curious to me how quiet everything is on the chychrun front. I know things will come to a head after the playoffs end and in the lead up to the draft, but we are seeing other teams’ business starting to come out via Friedman and marek, and they were super on top of the chychrun business before
Once teams get their lists finalized (which they will be doing now that combine is over) we should expect trade chatter to pick up. Chychrun is likely a draft day trade. Given we are likely targeting a 2023 1st this may even wait until free agency starts.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Rank these...

A. Zellweger+10th
B. Ceulemans+12th
C. Raty+13th
D. Faber+19th
E. Knies+25th
F. Knight+Samoskevich
G. Wolf+Coronato
H. Kochetkov+Morrow
I. Neighbours+Bolduc

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Once teams get their lists finalized (which they will be doing now that combine is over) we should expect trade chatter to pick up. Chychrun is likely a draft day trade. Given we are likely targeting a 2023 1st this may even wait until free agency starts.
I think BA will target a top 15 2022 pick as well as a 2023 1st. That, and a young NHL ready prospect and decent roster player should remain the asking price.

Some team will get desperate and meet the price.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Rank these...

A. Zellweger+10th
B. Ceulemans+12th
C. Raty+13th
D. Faber+19th
E. Knies+25th
F. Knight+Samoskevich
G. Wolf+Coronato
H. Kochetkov+Morrow
I. Neighbours+Bolduc
1. Raty + 13
2. Ceulemans + 12
3. Faber + 19

Raty's stock continues to soar, top Islander prospect

Ceulemans is the typical STL type D prospect (I know he's with CBJ)....BA might bite.

Faber's another stock riser.

rt

May 13, 2004

^ Roughly equivalent to the King's version of the PHNX podcast. Interesting notes:

- the price for Chychrun to LA was Turcotte, Vilardi, and TWO 1sts
- Turcotte lost his trade value (ANOTHER) head injury
- it could be Durzi, Vilardi, and TWO 1sts
- Roy, Vilardi and TWO 1sts does NOT do it
- Spence, Vilardi and TWO 1sts does NOT do it
- Potentially Faber, Vilardi, and ONE 1st "COULD do it"

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
There is a rumor that Boston may trade Pastrnak (I saw some speculation in Czech media that Pastrnak and Bruins GM don't see eye to eye).What is funny is that on main forum some Kings fans are offering a"package"of usual suspects Turcotte and Vilardi +1st round pick for Pastrnak.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Rank these...

A. Zellweger+10th
B. Ceulemans+12th
C. Raty+13th
D. Faber+19th
E. Knies+25th
F. Knight+Samoskevich
G. Wolf+Coronato
H. Kochetkov+Morrow
I. Neighbours+Bolduc

I can only rank those which I think are realistic trade possibilities and exclude the others -- either because they may contain players that I don't believe those teams will move (like ANA with Zellweger, TOR with Knies, FLA with Knight, STL not trading both of Neighbours + Bolduc) or are not good trade partners (like Calgary who needs to prioritize F over D since they're likely going to lose one two out of Gaudreau/Mangiapane/Tkachuk).

1) Raty + 13th
2) Faber + 19th
3) Kochetkov+Morrow
-- gap (because I'm not sold on Ceulemons)
4) Ceulemons + 12th

This was a fun and a good exercise looking at 2 piece packages as a base. I'll come up with some 3 piece packages for people to rank as well.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

^ Roughly equivalent to the King's version of the PHNX podcast. Interesting notes:

- the price for Chychrun to LA was Turcotte, Vilardi, and TWO 1sts
- Turcotte lost his trade value (ANOTHER) head injury
- it could be Durzi, Vilardi, and TWO 1sts
- Roy, Vilardi and TWO 1sts does NOT do it
- Spence, Vilardi and TWO 1sts does NOT do it
- Potentially Faber, Vilardi, and ONE 1st "COULD do it"

That's good info, and tracks also with the way we view things or what we've heard (such as BA liking Vilardi) and what we think (not having much interest in Turcotte especially given the injuries, and how the inclusion of Faber shrinks the 1sts from two to one).

If we were to do a trade with LAK that involved ONE first, it would be ideal if we had the option to choose between the 2022 and 2023 firsts, so depending on how the draft unfolds relative to our list, we could choose to take the 2023 first instead.

Reactions: PainForShane

rt

May 13, 2004
I can only rank those which I think are realistic trade possibilities and exclude the others -- either because they may contain players that I don't believe those teams will move (like ANA with Zellweger, TOR with Knies, FLA with Knight, STL not trading both of Neighbours + Bolduc) or are not good trade partners (like Calgary who needs to prioritize F over D since they're likely going to lose one two out of Gaudreau/Mangiapane/Tkachuk).

1) Raty + 13th
2) Faber + 19th
3) Kochetkov+Morrow
-- gap (because I'm not sold on Ceulemons)
4) Ceulemons + 12th

This was a fun and a good exercise looking at 2 piece packages as a base. I'll come up with some 3 piece packages for people to rank as well.
Seems to align with what Lisa Dilman had reported before the deadline, as well. She’s the writer who covers the Kings for the Athletic. And she’s great.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Very excited to accept
1) Raty + 13th
2) Ceulemans + 12th

Might accept and be disappointed
3) Zellweger + 10th
4) Faber + 19th

Would not accept the rest.

I feel like Zellweger might be a real steal but I'm very ready to cheer for a big, tough team and my pea brain just can't make him fit. That 10th would be so nice too.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Is provorov also on the block? If so, I feel he could affect the market for chychrun. They’re almost the same in age and contract (provorov is 6m to chychrun’s 4m, both for 3 more years) and both had disappointing seasons that have landed them on the block.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Is provorov also on the block? If so, I feel he could affect the market for chychrun. They’re almost the same in age and contract (provorov is 6m to chychrun’s 4m, both for 3 more years) and both had disappointing seasons that have landed them on the block.
Just to keep the narrative straight - it wasn't Chychrun's poor season that landed him on the block. It was his desire to play elsewhere.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just to keep the narrative straight - it wasn't Chychrun's poor season that landed him on the block. It was his desire to play elsewhere.
That still remains speculation. It was BA wanting draft capital that landed Chychrun on the block.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Ok. If you don't want to believe Craig Morgan's explanation, which fits with everything we know, then that's up to you. But I think it's important to clarify that Chychrun isn't on the block because of a poor season.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

May 13, 2004
The Raty+13th seems pretty popular. I think we’d need to target a blueliner at 13th. Probably Mateychuk or Mintyukov, I’d think. Then really shoot for a RD later like maybe Chesley at 27th.

Cooley-Raty-Hayton-McBain

^ is decent

Mateychuk-Chesley
JJ Moser-Soderstrom

^ is a good start but needs work

Leaves us with open options at next years draft.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The Raty+13th seems pretty popular. I think we’d need to target a blueliner at 13th. Probably Mateychuk or Mintyukov, I’d think. Then really shoot for a RD later like maybe Chesley at 27th.

Cooley-Raty-Hayton-McBain

^ is decent

Mateychuk-Chesley
JJ Moser-Soderstrom

^ is a good start but needs work

Leaves us with open options at next years draft.
The other college kid, Smith, is a center and I thought he played well in his cup of coffee with the Coyotes. Why do most of us ignore him in line projections for next year?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

It's very possible one of Provorov or Sanheim gets moved (more likely the former), but that won't affect the JC market at all because Chychrun is clearly the best player out of any of the 3, and he's signed for longer and/or a more reasonable cap hit than those 2 guys. So we're in great shape there.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Ok. If you don't want to believe Craig Morgan's explanation, which fits with everything we know, then that's up to you. But I think it's important to clarify that Chychrun isn't on the block because of a poor season.

Sure seemed the other way around. BA saying he's untouchable at beginning of the season. He's on the block 2 months later.....sounds like the player driving the request to be traded.
Fair enough. I guess I misinterpreted. It seemed to me that BA felt he could get a haul and started shopping. I never felt or heard he wanted out.

Reactions: Schemp

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Rank these...

A. Zellweger+10th
B. Ceulemans+12th
C. Raty+13th
D. Faber+19th
E. Knies+25th
F. Knight+Samoskevich
G. Wolf+Coronato
H. Kochetkov+Morrow
I. Neighbours+Bolduc
C
I
A
B
D
E
H
F
G

I like Faber more than Zellweger and Ceulemans but I like picks 10 and 12 significantly more than 19th. I really like Raty as a future 1c, couple that with 13th and it's a no brainer. I feels incredibly safe as a return for top 6 talent so it's hard to put it low in the rankings, despite not having the same upside as some of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad