Player Discussion Christian Folin

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He is quietly steady, skates well and makes a good first pass. His hockey sense seems well ahead of Mike Reilly’s.
It’s only two games and tonight will be a big test.
2 assists and a +4 in two games

+26 in 211 career games
Being on the ice for more goals by your team than the other team is over-rated.

The more important question is: can he dispy-doodle?

Apparently, they now award the two points per night to the team with the most pretty plays.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He's what I expected, which is perfectly fine for a third pairing. Reilly only has himself to blame on this thing, he's played himself out of the lineup more than anything else. The good news is that he only has to be better than Kulak to get back in.

Jul 6, 2016
So far, so good with Folin. Looking forward to see a healthy Oloffson with Laval, and eventually with the big club.

Reactions: Steeler23

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I suggested the same thing, but apparently Juulsen, Fleury and Brooks are ready for full time NHL duty.
Juulsen, yes. If healthy, he's perfectly fine as #5-6. There's no need to rush either Fleury or Brook if we can sign a guy like Folin for under a million to backup Juulsen.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
giphy.gif
Don't Folin yourself.

Reactions: overlords

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Looking forward to see a healthy Oloffson with Laval, and eventually with the big club.

he's out for the season.

I suggested the same thing, but apparently Juulsen, Fleury and Brooks are ready for full time NHL duty.

Brook could have played in the NHL this year, so imo he could easily play all season with the Habs but I would bet everything I own he'll play at some point with the Habs next year.

Juulsen we just have to hope he's healthy first and then worry about where to play him.

Fleury needs more time in the AHL to work on his defensive game.

Reactions: cphabs

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Juulsen, yes. If healthy, he's perfectly fine as #5-6. There's no need to rush either Fleury or Brook if we can sign a guy like Folin for under a million to backup Juulsen.
Brook definitely could use some time in Laval to help build up his defensive game against grown men. The offensive skills are there, but if we can afford to let him work on other aspects of his game, all the better for the team.

Reactions: cphabs

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Was not able to watch the last two games. So I missed Shaw and Armia's hatty... But how was Folin ? Did he play both games ?
Yeah and he was steady, nothing flashy but good first pass, decent defensive reads, made some solid hits, was able to put the puck on the net when he had the chance to shoot.

Good overall impression, let's see if he can keep it up.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Don't know why but I see him as a bigger version of a josh Georges. Steady safe and makes simple play

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I like what I see right now but I will wait to see if he can put this type of performance with consistency. He was not traded for Byron Froses and let go by LA and Minny for nothing. Remember how Kulak and Rielly look like after 10 games. This being said, If he can play like that always he certainly brings something we don’t have alote with his physical presence

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Next year is going to interesting and fun. Can’t wait for our prospects to come up.

Reactions: Vachon23

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He is quietly steady, skates well and makes a good first pass. His hockey sense seems well ahead of Mike Reilly’s.
It’s only two games and tonight will be a big test.
2 assists and a +4 in two games

+26 in 211 career games

Honestly Mike Reilly is not any better than Beaulieu.

All those guys are 3rd pairing solution though. Maybe one of them could do the job as a 4th dman if the top 3 was more solid but absolutely none of them (Kulak, Reilly, Frolin, Olofsson, alouette...) is a solution to play with Weber.

As long as we don't get that top pairing LHD the defence will be highly questionable.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
... I don't hate him, but Folin in the lineup means Benn on the left, where's he's generally awful.
And Benn (on the right) is than Folin as far as I'm concerned.

This is the same issue I have. Folin has looked fine, however when Benn plays on the left side AND gets moved up in the lineup he plays awful. Benn actually has played very well this year on the third pair when he's on the right side, it has been the same story for the 3 years he's been here when.

At this point I would just try Kulak with Petry and put Reilly in with Benn on the third pair.

Reactions: Guns n Roses
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad