Not open for further replies.

Toligwen

Jan 5, 2019
330px-S%C3%A9bastien_Folin_Cannes_2017.jpg

Him ? :naughty:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
This guy looked good like really good for someone playing his first game with a new team and not playing for quite some time!

Made some great breakout passes that we usually don't see from our D Squad and was actually able to hit the net with his shot instead of hitting shinpads or missing the net by a mile!

I'm intrigued! Give me more Folin, please!

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
This guy looked good like really good for someone playing his first game with a new team and not playing for quite some time!

Made some great breakout passes that we usually don't see from our D Squad and was actually able to hit the net with his shot instead of hitting shinpads or missing the net by a mile!

I'm intrigued! Give me more Folin, please!

Agreed.

He deserves a long look.

After an intense final finish to the season, fans and management will know much more about him and his potential value.

He may surprise in a good way.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I would extend him for 2 or 3 years. Our RHD prospects wont be ready until then. Frolin went put up points, but he is a big body decent enough for the 3rd pairing and will be cheap.
Brook is almost ready and Juulsen (who is ready now if his eye injuries are healed).

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I would extend him for 2 or 3 years. Our RHD prospects wont be ready until then. Frolin went put up points, but he is a big body decent enough for the 3rd pairing and will be cheap.
I'd wait to see how he does the rest of the season before we just throw money at the guy and if he does turns out alright, a 1 year deal would suffice.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Great pickup imo, the scout team (or whoever) which is behind all these trades is brilliant.

Folin is as solid D as anyone. Maybe he's previously been too careful with his offensive plays, but he has still been above team averages in +/- , and that's enough for me.

I feel like Folin has gotten underrated everywhere he's been, watched him since he was in MN.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Great pickup imo, the scout team (or whoever) which is behind all these trades is brilliant.

Folin is as solid D as anyone. Maybe he's previously been too careful with his offensive plays, but he has still been above team averages in +/- , and that's enough for me.

I feel like Folin has gotten underrated everywhere he's been, watched him since he was in MN.
If he keeps up his 6th D level play and we can re-sign him for close to league minimum for a year or two, he will give Juulsen and Fleury time to develop, and Brook a full year in the AHL.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I missed the last game, I guess he did good? Any comment? Is he better than Reilly?
Better banger than Reilly.

You can only have one of Kulak or Reilly in the lineup at a time, I think, given Mete is already there.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I missed the last game, I guess he did good? Any comment? Is he better than Reilly?
He is quietly steady, skates well and makes a good first pass. His hockey sense seems well ahead of Mike Reilly’s.
It’s only two games and tonight will be a big test.
2 assists and a +4 in two games

+26 in 211 career games

Reactions: a55p2

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
If he keeps up his 6th D level play and we can re-sign him for close to league minimum for a year or two, he will give Juulsen and Fleury time to develop, and Brook a full year in the AHL.
I suggested the same thing, but apparently Juulsen, Fleury and Brooks are ready for full time NHL duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->