Player Discussion Christian Folin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Scary though eh...MB IS the reason our D is, where it is...

Still hoping MB is fired this summer.
Don’t hold your breath, MB will serve out his contract.

He’s been doing much better lately, this season is a big turnaround so far. We are stuck with him so I am rooting for him to ameliorate this team.

The bastard still owes us big time for what he put us threw.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Scary though eh...MB IS the reason our D is, where it is...

Still hoping MB is fired this summer.
If he wasnt fired after last season or 2016 then I doubt he will be. I can see him not being resigned when his deal is up but things gotta be real bad for Bergy to be fired and ot doesn't get worse than 2017-18.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Don’t hold your breath, MB will serve out his contract.

He’s been doing much better lately, this season is a big turnaround so far. We are stuck with him so I am rooting for him to ameliorate this team.

The bastard still owes us big time for what he put us threw.
The fact that other gm's are doing so poorly is helping his cause, the spotlight is off his head for now, an over achieving team that has embraced his attitude is everything gimmic. The tide will change if the team misses the playoffs though and he will be blamed for not doing more at the tdl. I don't blame him for staying put at the deadline, this team is no where near ready to compete for a cup. I have wanted him fired for 5 years but I doubt that my wish will come through at this point, oh well.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
The fact that other gm's are doing so poorly is helping his cause, the spotlight is off his head for now, an over achieving team that has embraced his attitude is everything gimmic. The tide will change if the team misses the playoffs though and he will be blamed for not doing more at the tdl. I don't blame him for staying put at the deadline, this team is no where near ready to compete for a cup. I have wanted him fired for 5 years but I doubt that my wish will come through at this point, oh well.
As long as he doesn’t make any bad moves and doesn’t trade away any of Suzuki-Poehling-Brook-Romanov during the rest of his tenure, we should be alright. The Bastard might surprise us with a few more good moves before he leaves us, seems like he’s on a roll this season. We’re stuck with him so I’m supporting him for now, even though I’ve wanted him tortured in the past.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
As long as he doesn’t make any bad moves and doesn’t trade away any of Suzuki-Poehling-Brook-Romanov during the rest of his tenure, we should be alright. The Bastard might surprise us with a few more good moves before he leaves us, seems like he’s on a roll this season. We’re stuck with him so I’m supporting him for now, even though I’ve wanted him tortured in the past.
I still want him gone but only if we are free to hire the best possible candidate, leave the politics out of sport and things will be better. I see that you just recently joined, have you been here before? Your writing style has a familiarity to it but it might just be me.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
I still want him gone but only if we are free to hire the best possible candidate, leave the politics out of sport and things will be better. I see that you just recently joined, have you been here before? Your writing style has a familiarity to it but it might just be me.
Heard about this place off reddit, joined a few days ago. I hope the next GM they hire is more competent, I don’t care about the politics of it, I want the best possible candidate.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I like his game. Seem solid et his shots hit the net most of the time. Better tan jordie benn imo

Reactions: Acadien86

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He has been a fine bottom pairing defenseman so far, just like Kulak... Bergevin deserves credit for finding quality depth players...

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
He has some experience playing LD. Not saying we should force him into the LD spot but I think they will experiment with it if he shows ability to handle it at the pro level.

RD is his natural side. I mean sure they might try it out in the preseason or something but wouldn't it be just silly to count on him playing LD next year with the Habs? Brook has zero pro experience and seems to be much more comfortable on the right side. Let the guy develop properly.

As for Folin, he's been fine on the bottom pairing but I would let him walk at the end of the year. One of Juulsen/Brook/Fleury should be able to take his spot next year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
RD is his natural side. I mean sure they might try it out in the preseason or something but wouldn't it be just silly to count on him playing LD next year with the Habs? Brook has zero pro experience and seems to be much more comfortable on the right side. Let the guy develop properly.

As for Folin, he's been fine on the bottom pairing but I would let him walk at the end of the year. One of Juulsen/Brook/Fleury should be able to take his spot next year.

It's not like he has zero experience playing on the right side. Not saying we force the issue but lets not pretend they won't experience with it if he shows ability to handle in scrimmage games.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Keep him as a 7/8th D

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Mete has really taken a step, and while he may not be the ideal guy to play top pairing, it's been okay.

The bottom pair has been fine. It's where Benn seems most effective. I liked him with Kulak, and folin has been okay as well.

The biggest issue right now is that 2nd pair. These 3rd pairing guys don't look so good when you task them with 2nd pair duties. I actually thought reilly was the best out of the lot to play with Petry. Again, not the most ideal player to have on a 2nd pair, but it seemed to work better than anything else.

Coaching staff obviously disagrees regarding reilly though.

Foltronic

Jan 21, 2015
Ok add so far, liking his physicality and ability to make simple plays in the D zone. O zone's another story though, but not his role.

Eager to lay the body and able to break up the cycle.

Doesn't do anything past his own blue line and not much of a first pass but has an edge to him and decent hitting ability. Still waiting for him to catch someone with a bone crushing hit but he might be too predictable and slow. Reminds a bit of Emelin, can't time it like him though, man that guy could hit.

Nice complimentary piece on the bottom pairing, has a bit of an intimidator feel to his game that can come in handy.

Reactions: Fixxer

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
It was Folin on the ice with Weber for the last minute there... he's been tremendous in his role, bringing size, smart defensive play, and toughness to our backend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad