Post-Game Talk: Chris Lee spoils Habs's Blockaid -- Stinging loss to Wild, 3-4

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Alzner is a bottom pairing D in Laval. Olofsson might pan out but doubtful for the time being. No LD in Laval

Leskinen is a possibility, assuming he continues to develop, no?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not enough upper tier players on this roster.
Haven’t developed enough home grown talent.

I like the top 9 we're building. It may be available in April, but may take until the 2021-2022 season to come to fruition:

Poehling Domi Caufield
Drouin Kotkaniemi Suzuki
Tatat Danault Gallagher

May not have elite players, but has depth of talent.

The thing is, by then Weber will be 36 and Petry 34. It's the dcore (future dcore) we really need to have an eye on. Romanov, Brook, Mete, Juulsen, Struble, Fleury, Harris, Norlinder, Fairbrother looks less talented than the forward corps.

We have decisions to make about whether to keep Weber and Petry or tey to trade them for a suzuki like d chop, as we did with Pacioretty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pickles

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Might as well not play back to backs then.

Or at least we need to make adjustments and come up with a new strategy. We're 0-2 against two weak teams on back to backs. Yet 4-1-3 when rested...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It comes down to the lack of great pieces.

Exactly. When you look at the Pens lineup right now with Malkin injured outside of Crosby it's not very good. But they have Crosby. Here's some named on the lineup of the Pens last game.

D Simon
B Tanev
D Kahun
J Blandsini
S Lafferty
Z Anton-Reese
A Johnson
T Blueger
J Marino
M Petterson
J Riikola
Y Jarry

Yup all players who were on Pens roster for the last game. Yet they are 6-3 and they'll make the playoffs again (a real 6-3 not a 6-3-3 we got looser points we are not at 500). Like i said they got Crosby.

Reactions: Rapala

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Armia is one of the best forecheckers in the league. He actually retrieves pucks constantly. Lehkonen is pretty good at falling on his ass and taking stupid penalties. No puck skills, no defensive stick skill. Just blind havoc in good and bad.
I don't agree. Lekhonen is a better forecheker than Armia, Armia is a better puck retriever in board battles, but he doesn't have the speed to forecheck like a demon like Lekhonen does. Armias strength is taking the puck in and keeping it there, Lekhonens strength is getting the puck and not knowing what to do with it after :laugh:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Chiarot likes to play out near the blue line when it isn’t appropriate. See winning goal and Kinkaid windmill save. Terrible. Does Alzner need a roommate?

Suzuki is impressive. Smart and skilled. Anticipates the play well, good timing. Has to clean up a few things, but those are mostly with the puck.

Weber... sigh. That 10 foot pass miss with 2:20 was in the skates. He could have set up a 2 on 1. Instead, offside. Glad they’re getting away from Mr predictable on the PP.

KK looks okay at times, but is weak ... tippy.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The third goal was nothing to do with bad d. It was bad goaltending. Hence why I hate the superstar price and **** backup model. It’s stupid.
The Habs get to play against more back ups than most teams do. Season in season out.

HA! They win games because of back ups more than they lose games..

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
I can’t help but cringe everytime Chris lee is the ref ever since that game years ago vs the hurricanes? That he called like 10 penalties on us

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I like the top 9 we're building. It may be available in April, but may take until the 2021-2022 season to come to fruition:

Poehling Domi Caufield
Drouin Kotkaniemi Suzuki
Tatat Danault Gallagher

May it may. It have elite players, but has depth of talent.

The thing is, by then Weber will be 36 and Petry 34. It's the dcore (future dcore) we really need to have an eye on. Romanov, Brook, Mete, Juulsen, Struble, Fleury, Harris, Norlinder, Fairbrother looks less talented than the forward corps.

We have decisions to make about whether to keep Weber and Petry or tey to trade them for a suzuki like d chop, as we did with Pacioretty.
Not to mention the rest of the league is not waiting for the Canadiens to catch up........The whole league have great kids progressing.....but better vets and stars for them to play with

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Exactly. When you look at the Pens lineup right now with Malkin injured outside of Crosby it's not very good. But they have Crosby. Here's some named on the lineup of the Pens last game.

D Simon
B Tanev
D Kahun
J Blandsini
S Lafferty
Z Anton-Reese
A Johnson
T Blueger
J Marino
M Petterson
J Riikola
Y Jarry

Yup all players who were on Pens roster for the last game. Yet they are 6-3 and they'll make the playoffs again (a real 6-3 not a 6-3-3 we got looser points we are not at 500). Like i said they got Crosby.
You dont say.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not to mention the rest of the league is not waiting for the Canadiens to catch up........The whole league have great kids progressing.....but better vets and stars for them to play with

It is true there is no guarantee that will be a deep group of forwards in 2021-2022. Maybe all teams will be going towards more skill and have just as much talent.

Hopefully Poehling is ready some time this year - and Caufield at the end of the year.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It is true there is no guarantee that will be a deep group of forwards in 2021-2022. Maybe all teams will be going towards more skill and have just as much talent.

Hopefully Poehling is ready some time this year - and Caufield at the end of the year.
I hear ya.

and hope is a good thing...................it just aint a tactic, strategy or plan.

Reactions: habsfan891

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I'm tired of waiting for something to happen with him. He appears to have peaked at a dime-a-dozen depth player.

He's over average defensively for sure. But we don't have a shut-down line, so it's kind of useless. I have the feeling Poehling is fighting vs. Lekhonen, as soon they will think he(Poehling) will outproduce Lekhonen or Byron they will be shipped out.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
We are still two forwards shy of a real top 6. Seems like forever. Someone HAS to graduate into the role because I doubt we are trading for it.

Well, Suzuki seem to be doing just that. He might be a 40-45pts guy this year, but obviously he will progress over time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad