Post-Game Talk: Chris Lee spoils Habs's Blockaid -- Stinging loss to Wild, 3-4

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I like the top 9 we're building. It may be available in April, but may take until the 2021-2022 season to come to fruition:

Poehling Domi Caufield
Drouin Kotkaniemi Suzuki
Tatat Danault Gallagher

May it may. It have elite players, but has depth of talent.

The thing is, by then Weber will be 36 and Petry 34. It's the dcore (future dcore) we really need to have an eye on. Romanov, Brook, Mete, Juulsen, Struble, Fleury, Harris, Norlinder, Fairbrother looks less talented than the forward corps.

We have decisions to make about whether to keep Weber and Petry or tey to trade them for a suzuki like d chop, as we did with Pacioretty.

Poehling in for Danault. Cheaper option. Suzuki also an option for centre.

I think they should move on from Weber while they can still get a good asset. Don’t think they will. MB emotionally attached.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I hear ya.

and hope is a good thing...................it just aint a tactic, strategy or plan.

Well so far this year all we need a new strategy for is the second game of back to backs. We're 4-1-3 when we have our legs. Maybe Price should play these games?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Exactly. When you look at the Pens lineup right now with Malkin injured outside of Crosby it's not very good. But they have Crosby. Here's some named on the lineup of the Pens last game.

D Simon
B Tanev
D Kahun
J Blandsini
S Lafferty
Z Anton-Reese
A Johnson
T Blueger
J Marino
M Petterson
J Riikola
Y Jarry

Yup all players who were on Pens roster for the last game. Yet they are 6-3 and they'll make the playoffs again (a real 6-3 not a 6-3-3 we got looser points we are not at 500). Like i said they got Crosby.

They have two more points than us. How many back to backs have they played?

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Outside of the Danault line no forwards showed much today.
It was Tatar's best game of the year.
KK looked like his skates were dull. He fell a lot today.
Leko needs to go.
What does he bring? He takes penalties. He gets scored on while he part of the short handed unit. He cant stop that cross ice pass. I'd sit him and keep Weal when Armia comes back.
This was a very tough game to win. 3 games in 4 nights against a team hungry and waiting at home.
At least we know Price can get some rest some time and us feel comfortable about it.
Fleury is here to stay. Much better option then Folin. Kid is tough too.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Our defense is a pinball machine.
Chariot is a bad signing, I can see him getting scratched if it keeps going this way. Way too slow and his puck management under pressure is atrocious. Reminds me of Alzner.

Weber is definitely slower this year, hopefully his lvl 9000 IQ will allow him to adjust.

We're getting hemmed in more often than last year, we need more guys who can skate the puck out of pressure.

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
I can't believe how bad Chariot is. The first time I saw him I thought he was hurt or his skate broke but after watching him for a month, sadly this is not the case.

I feel like even Molson could have stopped this signing. Doesn't Bergevin come upstairs and say, "Hey bud we gonna sign this LD from 'peg".

Just go watch 2 minutes of him and say no.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Well... that was quite pathetic. Lost to the worst team in the league... I be ya'll planned the parade after yesterday but don't worry. Good ol' Habs can always be counted on to bring you back to earth. What a crapshoot of the game. The only reason it was close is because Kinakin bailed their sorry a$$es out for most of the game. Defensive zone coverage was beyond bad. Rarely if any sustain pressure in the offensive zone. Drouin must have not played today...

Ah well... can't win the all... second game of back to back on the road... didn't get the bounces... Did I cover all the excuses?

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Lehk's is providing more to this team than Byron this year.

Issue is Lehks shouldn't be playing top 6, that's the issue.
He has not have a good start, but I think he can play as a third guy who completes a line. If both wingers are Lehkonen and Weal, that's when it goes wrong. The obvious choice is to return Drouin to Domi's wing, but that means tougher matchups for Drouin and dismantling Kotkaniemi's line.

Reactions: Trash Man

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I can't believe how bad Chariot is. The first time I saw him I thought he was hurt or his skate broke but after watching him for a month, sadly this is not the case.

I feel like even Molson could have stopped this signing. Doesn't Bergevin come upstairs and say, "Hey bud we gonna sign this LD from 'peg".

Just go watch 2 minutes of him and say no.
I said that july 1st when he was still ufa and they were rumours about him joining habs

Dude is a disaster , even jets fan on board told people before he signed anywhere that the team that will sign him , will overpay him and regret it.

Sounds like they were right , dude barely fits as 5/6th d-man

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Am I the only one who thinks Habs played better than their opponent? Wild got some fluke goals in but we played way better with the puck. You read the thread and youd think they got trashed...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well, Suzuki seem to be doing just that. He might be a 40-45pts guy this year, but obviously he will progress over time.
If anything is obvious regarding development and progress with this team is to not take it for granted how young guys will improve.

Reactions: SOLR

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think now that the league is faster, Byron has less of a speed advantage. Still useful but I can't see him scoring 20+ without as many clean breaks.

I could be wrong but he might be the player to move. He can still help a team.

Also, is Armia out long term? Have we heard anything

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Armia's injury was nothing serious, according to Julien, but he didn't want to rush Armia. Better chance to win when you rest your top scorer and give Weal 17 min TOI.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I think now that the league is faster, Byron has less of a speed advantage. Still useful but I can't see him scoring 20+ without as many clean breaks.

I could be wrong but he might be the player to move. He can still help a team.

I think Byron is just not the same since he's got knock out last year.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Am I the only one who thinks Habs played better than their opponent? Wild got some fluke goals in but we played way better with the puck. You read the thread and youd think they got trashed...
2 of 3 habs goals were super lucky and Kincaid played very well so no we didnt outplay them

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Well so far this year all we need a new strategy for is the second game of back to backs. We're 4-1-3 when we have our legs. Maybe Price should play these games?

We are also 1-0-0 when playing a team that is playing back-to-back (not a regulation win)

The Habs also played against like 3 or 4 backup goalies so far?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad