Post-Game Talk: Chris Lee spoils Habs's Blockaid -- Stinging loss to Wild, 3-4

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Well you can say the same about the Senators... They'll win and lose too. So where does that put us?

I'm not following the Sens closely so I couldn't tell you how good is their compete level. At the end of the day, one could make the argument that 30 teams are "losers" when the season is over.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Pretty frustrating result but I had the feeling this was coming. The reality is that we have a good team but not a top contender one. I expect that we'll go through a roller coaster season where we look damn impressive and beat top teams but also lose our fair share of games against bottom feeders.

How "Good" do you think we are? I see us pretty much where we'll be all year 15th - 20th. The problem being there will almost certainly be 8 better teams than us in our conference. Not likely to be a happy return. Just imagine if the Sens snag Lafreniere. :eek:

Reactions: Runner77

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Is it just me or does the forum behave weird today? I am still seeing page 13 for a while, some of my previous posts are gone... not sure what happen. Maybe I am in a parallel universe somewhere.

Happened to me, was reading a thread and the posts were mixed like one from 2016 was the top 4th post, then it was June 2019, and so on.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
How "Good" do you think we are? I see us pretty much where we'll be all year 15th - 20th. The problem being there will almost certainly be 8 better teams than us in our conference. Not likely to be a happy return. Just imagine if the Sens snag Lafreniere. :eek:

It is what it is. I used to advocate for tanking but I no longer am. We have a good team. They play with heart and give a good show. I'd love for us to double down on our strengths and put 4 lines of skating fury out there. Go all in on offense and see how it goes.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It is what it is. I used to advocate for tanking but I no longer am. We have a good team. They play with heart and give a good show. I'd love for us to double down on our strengths and put 4 lines of skating fury out there. Go all in on offense and see how it goes.

Despite have some points (mostly assists) I really dont like Domi's play this season so far. I didn't expect him to have a career year but it does look like last season may have gone into his head a bit. His passing is bad... his decisions on the odd man rushes are bad... he just doesn't seem the same.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

Yes, they can be good but i don't think that skating like a wind in every game by every single line all the time is something that is sustainable. They can't sustain it for 3 games in a row, let alone the entire season. A team needs to be able to grind it out once in a while which requires a combination of physicality and talent. With Fleary and Chiarot at the back Habs actually do appear reasonably physical on defense, however everywhere else the seriously lack both physicality and talent. And what little talent they have Clod makes sure to coach it and well... that talent gets Jordan Weal, Nick Cousins or Nate Thompson.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Yes, they can be good but i don't think that skating like a wind in every game by every single line all the time is something that is sustainable. They can't sustain it for 3 games in a row, let alone the entire season. A team needs to be able to grind it out once in a while which requires a combination of physicality and talent. With Fleary and Chiarot at the back Habs actually do appear reasonably physical on defense, however everywhere else the seriously lack both physicality and talent. And what little talent they have Clod makes sure to coach it and well... that talent gets Jordan Weal, Nick Cousins or Nate Thompson.

Is it even something desirable?

Being a one trick pony rarely work in playoffs. A team full of players playing more or less the same game is easy to counter. It will work in the regular season because most teams just don't have the skills to counter speed. But in playoffs past the 1st round we will meet teams able to counter speed and being a one trick pony the opposing coach will be able to prepare one system that will work against all lines. Also in a 7 games series opposing players get used to a style of play.

I'd rather build a team like the prime 2k years of the Hawks, the Pens or the Caps. A good mix of about everything required to win. Nope it doesn't work all years but when it clicks it's very hard to counter.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Is it even something desirable?

Being a one trick pony rarely work in playoffs. A team full of players playing more or less the same game is easy to counter. It will work in the regular season because most teams just don't have the skills to counter speed. But in playoffs past the 1st round we will meet teams able to counter speed and being a one trick pony the opposing coach will be able to prepare one system that will work against all lines. Also in a 7 games series opposing players get used to a style of play.

I'd rather build a team like the prime 2k years of the Hawks, the Pens or the Caps. A good mix of about everything required to win. Nope it doesn't work all years but when it clicks it's very hard to counter.

Well... in that case you got the wrong man at the helm. This team is full of diamonds in the rough.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
At least you didn't spend time sitting on a flight trying to fit into ultra narrow seats with limited surrounding space, like a sardine. You can always move about and who knows, you may also have had a shot at any leftover food not served. Life is good. :sarcasm:
Yeah haha, once the service is done in business class we tend to flock into the front galley like des "mouettes"

Shrimps, scalops, foie gras, smoked salmon, cheeses and deserts. You're right, lets see life on the bright side, i'm getting too complacent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad