Post-Game Talk: Chris Lee spoils Habs's Blockaid -- Stinging loss to Wild, 3-4

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Why was Folin scratched? I thought he played really well lately.

Because "lately" doesn't lead you anywhere in this league. Well it can lead you to give bad contracts to guys like Niemi but outside of that not much. Folin has already been evaluated by Minnesota, LA and Philadelphia and well all the other teams last year (nobody paid for him) as not being a top 6 in this league we should not lose time on him. He's a number 7 it is what it is.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Pretty frustrating result but I had the feeling this was coming. The reality is that we have a good team but not a top contender one. I expect that we'll go through a roller coaster season where we look damn impressive and beat top teams but also lose our fair share of games against bottom feeders.

Reactions: 26Mats

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Pretty frustrating result but I had the feeling this was coming. The reality is that we have a good team but not a top contender one. I expect that we'll go through a roller coaster season where we look damn impressive and beat top teams but also lose our fair share of games against bottom feeders.

Well you can say the same about the Senators... They'll win and lose too. So where does that put us?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Because "lately" doesn't lead you anywhere in this league. Well it can lead you to give bad contracts to guys like Niemi but outside of that not much. Folin has already been evaluated by Minnesota, LA and Philadelphia and well all the other teams last year (nobody paid for him) as not being a top 6 in this league we should not lose time on him. He's a number 7 it is what it is.

I agree. He's a #7. I think a pretty good one.

btw, what # on a D depth chart do you have Chiarot as?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

This team is made up of 'lately' pickups in case you missed it. Weal, Thompson, Cousins, Kulak, Folin... its just a resting ground for waiver wire guys on their last legs.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
1 toronto 1 detroit 1 minnesota 1 stl We played against 4 number two in 9 games which is let's say ... kind of a repeat of last year and just show how we are not considered a top team in the league. We faced a number 2 against Toronto, Detroit, Minnesota and St Louis. We could argue Detroit doesn't have a number 1 though i mean both Bernier and Howard would not be the number 1 of pretty much any other team.

Mats actually covered that up a few posts over yours

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Mete is already better than both Kulak and Chiarot, how does that make any sense? He's coming off probably the best three games of his career and people are still claiming BS like that?

It's not Mete's fault but he's not a first pairing D. He'd be more effective playing in a lower pairing capacity.

GM has failed to plan for letting go of Markov and that's on the GM, not Mete.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Frustrating game.
Ended up grumpy sleeping for 5 hours and go to work.
Yay

At least you didn't spend time sitting on a flight trying to fit into ultra narrow seats with limited surrounding space, like a sardine. You can always move about and who knows, you may also have had a shot at any leftover food not served. Life is good. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Isn't Weal in the same boat? What are the odds that he becomes more than he's shown at the NHL level?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I've been disappointed with the what Weal has done with the puck lately, and the way he (mis-)handles it.

It makes no sense. One game is on the PP, next game he's scratched. And then brought back on the PP again. No rhyme or reason to how he's being deployed.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Is it just me or does the forum behave weird today? I am still seeing page 13 for a while, some of my previous posts are gone... not sure what happen. Maybe I am in a parallel universe somewhere.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
At least you didn't spend time sitting on a flight trying to fit into ultra narrow seats with limited surrounding space, like a sardine. You can always move about and who knows, you may also have had a shot at any leftover food not served. Life is good. :sarcasm:
What? Were you on the New-York to Sydney 19 hour flight? :laugh:

Corson27

Oct 30, 2016
Well you can say the same about the Senators... They'll win and lose too. So where does that put us?
Habs >> Sens because beating top teams and losing to bottom feeders is not the only yard stick to measure how good a team is, if it is even the yard stick to use at all.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Sorry man, but anyone who holds this opinion is ill-informed. Sports scheduling is a complex mathematical problem with tens or hundreds of thousands of constraints and optimizations. Minimize travel for all teams, reduced and fair distribution of back to back games, even spread of games for each team throughout the week, other events in the team's venues, national and local tv rights, length of homestand and road trips, team specific scheduling traditions such as Habs superbowl weekend afternoon games, asymmetry of conference and division alignment.

Indeed, the "league" doesn't even schedule the games. There is no "scheduler" that sits at a desk and manually develops a schedule. This is done automatically by a third party software product.

There can be no optimal schedule, only a schedule that is less bad than all others, given all the constraints and optimizations at play.

It's clear that you have never considered all this if you feel the league scheduler should be fired just because the Habs have three days off.
Agreed. However There is regularity year to year.
Whats clear then is they need a new algorithm because this one is trash 3 games off when we have only played 10 all season is asinine
first world problems much?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad