Post-Game Talk: Chris Lee spoils Habs's Blockaid -- Stinging loss to Wild, 3-4

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
The league should give 3 ref vetos to every team by submitting a list at the start of the season. No question , Chris Lee would be on that list.
Of every team though. He makes bad calls all the way around for everyone. How is someone so incompetent still reffing.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Not enough upper tier players on this roster.
Haven’t developed enough home grown talent.
I think one could argue that Domi, Tatar, Drouin, KK, Suzuki and Gallagher are all top 6 worthy on the vast majority of NHL teams, but they're not used as such.. I'm just puzzled at the ice time but I'm not being paid 5 millions to make those decisions so what do I know?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Blame only ourselves... It's kinda on us... That being said, it was a just optional bonus tho. So I'm moving forward on this one at 1909°.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think one could argue that Domi, Tatar, Drouin, KK, Suzuki and Gallagher are all top 6 worthy on the vast majority of NHL teams, but they're not used as such.. I'm just puzzled at the ice time but I'm not being paid 5 millions to make those decisions so what do I know?
None of those players are elite, Domi and Drouin could become elite. Gallagher is a solid 2nd line winger. Suzuki and Kotkaniemi are a few years away (if ever) and Tatar is a filler in my view, nothing special

Reactions: Doc McKenna

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I'm fine with giving a checking line of Lehkonen-Danault-Byron/Armia good minutes against the opposition's number 1 line. I just would the 6 you mentioned to play together.

Tatar-Domi-Gallagher
Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki

Having said that, we've done fine so far this year when not playing back to backs. So let's reserve judgement on this line usage until we have a bigger sample size of non-back to backs.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Blame only ourselves... It's kinda on us... That being said, it was a just optional bonus tho. So I'm moving forward on this one at 1909°.

My summary of this team is: we've been quite good when not playing a rested team on a back to back. I still need a bigger sample size though to see how we'll do on non-back to backs.

And, we need a new strategy on how to approach back to backs - because so far we've lost to Detroit and the Wild - who we crushed easily when we played them rested. Perhaps Price should get the 2nd of a back to back.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
None of those players are elite, Domi and Drouin could become elite. Gallagher is a solid 2nd line winger. Suzuki and Kotkaniemi are a few years away (if ever) and Tatar is a filler in my view, nothing special

Part of our strategy is to outwork and out skate the opposition.

That's almost impossible to do when you're playing a team full of NHLers, that also clawed their way and used their talent to get into the league, when they are well rested and you're on a back to back.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
So what do you have in mind?
Using Domi and KK as offensive centers and Danault Thompson as shutdown Cs. Typical, classic line-up. Julien loves using his lines equally, so it works well too.

Tatar-Domi-Gally
Drouin-KK-Suzuki
Byron-Danault-Armia or Lekhonen
Cousins-Thompson-Armia or Lekhonen

I think Drouin should be a staple with KK, the speed he has compliments him well and they have great chemistry, both guys can shoot and pass and KKs better than Domi defensively. The other three wingers are moveable, but I think Tatar and Gally work better with Domi, because of the same reason, isolates Domi a bit, etc...
Im not sure about Suzuki and Gally, both are strong players that fill every need, I do feel that KK and Drouin are better shooters, so they may benefit more from Suzukis playmaking, while theyre also great players. Tatar and Gally already know each other so Id keep them together with a keyz playmaker like Domi.

Now here comes the juice...
Danault and Byron should be 100% be together, Byron got the shaft all year for no reasons and people wonder why he sucks, he's great defensively and hes an awesome crash and banger, just like Danault. Armia provides great cycling, a bit more offensive ability and all but Lekhonen is the best forecheker on the team so he could also create havoc. Poehling could also fill in there.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
How can the same guy sign Alzner and Chiarot?
Douglas Murray and Cube over development of our 1st round D men....

Sign Markov you over-roided man child. He can't be worse than Chiarot and he'd at least get his 1000 game, but noooo you have to have the last word you insecure crybaby.
Benn playing his offside is better. Its almost impossible to asseble a worse d squad that isn't an AHL roster.

Not enough upper tier players on this roster.
Haven’t developed enough home grown talent.

We have some guys that play well. But I still doubt we see a repeat of last year. Injuries alone should hold us back because we had almost no injuries last year except weber, and that may have been a blessing in disguise given how craptacular he has been this season.

Keep making fun of Subban but then we look at our d squad

Sorry clueless on how to resize this thing.
Screen-Shot-2016-12-14-at-11.38.50-AM.png

Reactions: Edgy

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He would have got a first last year. ****ing badly managed team. And this is not hindsight. Lots of posters here knew that trading him at deadline last year was a good move.

Two types of posters here:

The ones who are prescient.

And the others who end up agreeing with them when it’s too late.
I'm not saying I agree with us holding him, but I dont think his value has differed since last year. I dont know if he would have gotten a 1st last year. It's a possibility, but definitely not a guarantee. I also dont think its guaranteed that he wouldnt get a 1st if we were to trade him now.

JSR 56

Dec 18, 2017
Montreal
My summary of this team is: we've been quite good when not playing a rested team on a back to back. I still need a bigger sample size though to see how we'll do on non-back to backs.

And, we need a new strategy on how to approach back to backs - because so far we've lost to Detroit and the Wild - who we crushed easily when we played them rested. Perhaps Price should get the 2nd of a back to back.
That’s just excuses.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Now here comes the juice...
Danault and Byron should be 100% be together, Byron got the shaft all year for no reasons and people wonder why he sucks, he's great defensively and hes an awesome crash and banger, just like Danault. Armia provides great cycling, a bit more offensive ability and all but Lekhonen is the best forecheker on the team so he could also create havoc. Poehling could also fill in there.
Armia is one of the best forecheckers in the league. He actually retrieves pucks constantly. Lehkonen is pretty good at falling on his ass and taking stupid penalties. No puck skills, no defensive stick skill. Just blind havoc in good and bad.

Reactions: HabsQC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad