Value of: Chris Kreider

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
If we trade him, I want him to go to Edmonton and play on McDavids wing. It will put to rest this question of how good he actually is vs how good he could be. If he can't do it with that guy, it ain't getting done.

One name....JT Miller

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
This thread is typical of this board. Bring up a good player. Bad mouth him and hope your team can get him for nothing. Nash brought back an excellent defenseman prospect and a first round pick. Kreider is a lot better than the 2018 Rick Nash. Rangers will keep Kreider IMO for this rebuild. He's the kind of player that can play really well into his mid 30's.

Excellent D prospect is a stretch. Hes a solid B/B+ prospect and I'd say an upside of a good stay at home #3/4.

Believe me, I liked Ryan a lot on the Bruins but he was clearly our 3rd/4th best D prospect at the time.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
To Boston:
Chris Kreider
3rd round pick

To New York Rangers:
Danton Heinen
Jakub Zobril
1st Round Pick

I honestly have no idea... haha.

Bit rich from the Bruins, plus Sweeney has already basically said hes not trading that 1st round pick after last year.

Remove both the 1st round pick and the 3rd round pick and I'd do it. Heinen and Zboril for Kreider.

Heinen has already proven to be a top nine player with top six potential, and Zboril clearly has NHL top four upside (one of the better prospects I mentioned above).

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Bit rich from the Bruins, plus Sweeney has already basically said hes not trading that 1st round pick after last year.

Remove both the 1st round pick and the 3rd round pick and I'd do it. Heinen and Zboril for Kreider.

Heinen has already proven to be a top nine player with top six potential, and Zboril clearly has NHL top four upside (one of the better prospects I mentioned above).

There's no way I do that trade without the 1st. Even with the 1st, I'm not high on Heinen and I don't see him being anymore than a good middle-6 player. Zboril, I like, but the Rangers need someone who has at least number 3 or above potential when it comes to defense.

I think Kreider could get more at the deadline, to be honest. I just don't think it's good enough.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
There's no way I do that trade without the 1st. Even with the 1st, I'm not high on Heinen and I don't see him being anymore than a good middle-6 player. Zboril, I like, but the Rangers need someone who has at least number 3 or above potential when it comes to defense.

I think Kreider could get more at the deadline, to be honest. I just don't think it's good enough.

I mean thats fine - if you're not high on Heinen the package won't really entice you.

Zboril definitely has number 3 potential, still has work to do in the AHL though.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

You aren't going to get Kreider from the Rangers without including a 1st round pick.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
You aren't going to get Kreider from the Rangers without including a 1st round pick.

The proposal included a potential top six forward who is already a top nine player, a 2015 ex 1st round pick and a 2019 1st rounder. Thats too much for me IMO.

Zboril is effectively 1st round pick value further along in his development so figured I'd include him instead. If it doesnt work it doesnt work.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The proposal included a potential top six forward who is already a top nine player, a 2015 ex 1st round pick and a 2019 1st rounder. Thats too much for me IMO.

Zboril is effectively 1st round pick value further along in his development so figured I'd include him instead. If it doesnt work it doesnt work.

I would remove Zboril, put a 1st in and something else. I don't have much interest in Zboril.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

It definitely might be rich, but if the Bruins want to contend right now... this might be the move they should consider. I think Kreider is an absolutely perfect fit for the Bruins 2nd line. I think it might be time to shit or get off the pot if you're Bruins management. Bergeron & Marchand, despite being absolute studs... they're not getting younger, nor is Chara (obviously) or Rask.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
It definitely might be rich, but if the Bruins want to contend right now... this might be the move they should consider. I think Kreider is an absolutely perfect fit for the Bruins 2nd line. I think it might be time to **** or get off the pot if you're Bruins management. Bergeron & Marchand, despite being absolute studs... they're not getting younger, nor is Chara (obviously) or Rask.

We did that last year with Rick Nash. Doing that every single year is how you end up like the 2012-2014 Bruins in cap hell and paying all your vets inflated SC winning conracts. Kreider to the Bruins may not happen but Sweeney basically said he isnt trading the 2019 1st. Id probably do a 2020 1st but I'd doubt Sweeney would do that either.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
We did that last year with Rick Nash. Doing that every single year is how you end up like the 2012-2014 Bruins in cap hell and paying all your vets inflated SC winning conracts. Kreider to the Bruins may not happen but Sweeney basically said he isnt trading the 2019 1st. Id probably do a 2020 1st but I'd doubt Sweeney would do that either.
They went to a cup final in 2012-13, so I'll take that over what's likely in store for the Bruins this season (unless there's a change) - They're too small up front in the top 9, they're definitely not built for a long playoff run.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
They went to a cup final in 2012-13, so I'll take that over what's likely in store for the Bruins this season (unless there's a change) - They're too small up front in the top 9, they're definitely not built for a long playoff run.

Kreider would be a great fit not denying that, I just don't want Sweeney getting into a pattern of trading 1st round picks. We have plenty of prospects to trade instead.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Wow, as a Rangers fan I'm shocked that Chris Kreider is underrated on here. I always felt he was overrated by most.

Kreider is so strange because he has the skills to be a hall of fame player and just can't get over the hump from good to great. But he is still a REALLY good player. Kinda reminds me of the way I felt about Kovalev (not that they are similar but just in how I viewed them relative to their potential versus performance).

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I mean thats fine - if you're not high on Heinen the package won't really entice you.

Zboril definitely has number 3 potential, still has work to do in the AHL though.

Not high on him. If I'm moving Kreider I'd want DeBrusk. If Boston wouldn't to move him, that's understandable, but I think I'd stop talks there.

There's not much else that I could see being realistically available that would entice me to move Kreider, personally.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Sandin & 2nd?

Ikr

Kreider - Matthews - Kapanen

Would be unreal
Sandin would be a bit repetitive in our system. We already have
Hajek/Miller/Lindgren/Rykov all as LHD with similar or more upside and we still have Skjei who’s young
Even if Sandin was a RHD I don’t think I’d do it, not really a fan or type of dman we need

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Sandin would be a bit repetitive in our system. We already have
Hajek/Miller/Lindgren/Rykov all as LHD with similar or more upside and we still have Skjei who’s young
Even if Sandin was a RHD I don’t think I’d do it, not really a fan or type of dman we need
What would it take? Would u do Kreider and Skeji for Nylander and a 2nd?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
What would it take? Would u do Kreider and Skeji for Nylander and a 2nd?
It’s tough for sure but Skjei has looked like a top pairing D. Obviously Nylander would be our best forward but I’m still iffy
Nylander is one of my favorite players though because of his dad
I’d say let’s wait until after this year but that can’t reallt happen due to Nylanders situation/Kreider being a UFA

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
It’s tough for sure but Skjei has looked like a top pairing D. Obviously Nylander would be our best forward but I’m still iffy
Nylander is one of my favorite players though because of his dad
I’d say let’s wait until after this year but that can’t reallt happen due to Nylanders situation/Kreider being a UFA
Kreider is a UFA after the 2020 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3