Value of: Chris Kreider

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Producing in the playoffs is what makes someone a playoff performer and he has 37 points in 77 games that isn't that good. Kreider isn't a playoff performer its that simple. Points matter no matter how much someone tries to downplay them.

Who cares what you think. The people that watch Kreider know his impact on a game.

They know he was the guy that charged the net, created the traffic in front and provided the space for the goal to occur, whether or not he got a point is irrelevant.

They know he was the guy that blazed down the wing and put the defender on his heals which allowed zone entry, whether he got a point is irrelevant.

They know he was the guy hustling back into the defensive zone to pick up the trailing defender and prevent an odd man rush, whether he got a point is irrelevant.

But it’s ok, you looked at his stats and you can live in whatever world you choose, ignorance is bliss!

Kreider is a premier power forward and an impact player in the league and no one who watches him should care what you think!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
over a 77 game sample size with different coaches(if I'm not mistaken), different teammates and different opponents all that levels out. You think Kreiders the only player effected by these things you listed?

The fact of the matter is if you include the playoff run where he shot 17% in 15 games, he's 5th on the rangers in ppg. If you exclude that run he's 11th for Rangers since 14-15, tied with Vesey and behind McDonagh, Boyle, Yandle, Zuccarello, Grabbed, Stepan, Nash, Zabanejad, Brassard.

He's a good player, I'm not trying to say he's garbage, but he isn't a "proven playoff performer".

"All levels out" is the generalized statement discounting all the rest. Throwing some random stat is not a substitute for watching games and noticing who is doing what and HOW the stats got there***

When you limit your analysis to how many points a guy got to assess his final value, you're missing variables like teammates/coaches.

Why did the Rangers trade Mike Gartner before they won the Cup?

When people say playoff performer, or money player, it's all about who is looking like the effective player in the tightest game situations. For some reason the Rangers annually give up a guy like that instead of keep them and get more like them.

Las Vegas made most their team out of guys like that. Which is why some people around the hockey world weren't surprised when their predictions of a deep playoff run happened and most of the stat watching hockey world was astounded.

Again, all your stats tell is a part of the story. None of the stats tell you why they got there, or how it might have gone differently.

When it looks like nobody is doing anything, he is. Any given game whether someone registers a point or not.

Hank is usually the best looking player on the ice for thru any game where the stats say he let in 5 goals, no defense at all, while the news and people like you blame him.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Who cares what you think. The people that watch Kreider know his impact on a game.

They know he was the guy that charged the net, created the traffic in front and provided the space for the goal to occur, whether or not he got a point is irrelevant.

They know he was the guy that blazed down the wing and put the defender on his heals which allowed zone entry, whether he got a point is irrelevant.

They know he was the guy hustling back into the defensive zone to pick up the trailing defender and prevent an odd man rush, whether he got a point is irrelevant.

But it’s ok, you looked at his stats and you can live in whatever world you choose, ignorance is bliss!

Kreider is a premier power forward and an impact player in the league and no one who watches him should care what you think!
I haven't missed a single shift he's taken as a Ranger.

Many players have come and gone in the Hank era, and Kreider and Zucc (and Hank) have been the 3 guys I wouldn't trade for any less than an annual Hart Trophy candidate. It isn't because of how they look in their hockey costumes.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
A winger that's considered a proven playoff performer shouldn't have a similar ppg in his playoff career time frame as juggernauts like Valtteri Filpula, Brent Seabrook, Mattias Ekholm, Andrew Shaw, Ryan Ellis and David Backes.
...and have you seen the other guys on the ice with the players mentioned above? No, that doesn't matter, it all levels out! The guys above would've done the same thing in Arizona obviously!

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

He is a good hockey player but he isn't a good playoff performer. 37 points in 77 games just doesn't cut it. So many players can be called a good playoff performer if offensive production isn't treated as important as it is by a number of people in this thread making the term playoff performer become meaningless. A lot of players work hard but it takes more then hard work to be a good playoff performer.

I haven't missed a single shift he's taken as a Ranger.

Many players have come and gone in the Hank era, and Kreider and Zucc (and Hank) have been the 3 guys I wouldn't trade for any less than an annual Hart Trophy candidate. It isn't because of how they look in their hockey costumes.

So you wouldn't trade Kreider for anything less then a annual Hart Trophy candidate hmm... methinks you like the player too much and are letting your feelings cloud your judgement on the player.

Reactions: TFHockey

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
He is a good hockey player but he isn't a good playoff performer. 37 points in 77 games just doesn't cut it. So many players can be called a good playoff performer if offensive production isn't treated as important as it is by a number of people in this thread making the term playoff performer become meaningless. A lot of players work hard but it takes more then hard work to be a good playoff performer.

So you wouldn't trade Kreider for anything less then a annual Hart Trophy candidate hmm... methinks you like the player too much and are letting your feelings cloud your judgement on the player.

You are entitled to your opinion, go ahead and keep being wrong, it’s your right.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

37 points in 77 playoff games equal good playoff performer go ahead and believe that nonsense if you want that is your right to be wrong.
Considering all the things I said that went unaddressed, only nonsense I see is someone clinging to a number they clearly don't understand.

And I explained why it would take a Hart candidate to make it worth the Rangers while to trade him. He's been our best non-goalie since Jagr. I don't think I could like him enough. Rare coming from a whiny picky somewhat typical NY sports fan (If you even get what that means...)

Please, like I said, go watch a playoff* game where he scored points and then watch a playoff* game where he didn't and try and figure out why both results were what they were.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunter Gathers

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

@Brent Burns Beard is my 2nd acct. LOL

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Why do you think his PPG is the defining factor in whether or not he is an effective contributor to his teams success?

PPG is a very important thing for how good a player is. You need good production to be a good playoff performer its that simple.

Considering all the things I said that went unaddressed, only nonsense I see is someone clinging to a number they clearly don't understand.

And I explained why it would take a Hart candidate to make it worth the Rangers while to trade him. He's been our best non-goalie since Jagr. I don't think I could like him enough. Rare coming from a whiny picky somewhat typical NY sports fan (If you even get what that means...)

Please, like I said, go watch a game where he scored points and then watch one where he didn't and try and figure out why both results were what they were.

Its obvious your cant be objective seeing through rose colored glasses so I am done with you.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
PPG is a very important thing for how good a player is. You need good production to be a good playoff performer its that simple.

Its obvious your cant be objective seeing through rose colored glasses so I am done with you.
It's obvious that you would rather look at a paper than even try listen to someone who has seen every second of the subject's games (often twice over!!!)...you were never on my level to start to be done.

I mean I would never argue about the true tendencies a player with someone who watches all 82 of a different team, I would ASK*.

Your generalized perspective, and apparent expectations of hockey players, is beyond asinine.

Last edited:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
It's obvious that you would rather look at a paper than even try listen to someone who has seen every second of the subject's games (often twice over!!!)...you were never on my level to start to be done.

I mean I would never argue about the true tendencies a player with someone who watches all 82 of a different team, I would ASK*.

Your generalized perspective, and apparent expectations of hockey players, is beyond asinine.

Why do you think all I do is look at paper? Is it because I am a Ducks fan and you think I don't know much about hockey because Ducks aren't a big market team like NY? Whatever the reason you shouldn't assume things about people like your doing about me.

I have seen Rangers play before. I am in a hockey forum talking a lot about hockey. I am not someone who only looks at stats for example I don't think advanced stats mean nearly as much as so many people make them out to be because they don't tell you how good a player is with like how good a skater someone is or how good they are at shooting the puck and so on. Stats tell you only so much.

With that said production is a very important thing for determining how good a playoff performer someone is and he just doesn't have the production to meet it. The standards are too low from some people in this thread that calling someone a playoff performer would become meaningless.

Now if you can't be objective and stop seeing things through rose colored glasses your not on my level because my level doesn't involve rose colored glasses and I won't be involved in this lower level talk anymore.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
This thread is typical of this board. Bring up a good player. Bad mouth him and hope your team can get him for nothing. Nash brought back an excellent defenseman prospect and a first round pick. Kreider is a lot better than the 2018 Rick Nash. Rangers will keep Kreider IMO for this rebuild. He's the kind of player that can play really well into his mid 30's.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Lol.... come on man.

In what world does that package have any value... for a top 6 winger... both of those guys will be waiver players at some point in the not too decent future.... at best moved for other AHL players that might fit the teams needs more.

I agree, very little return for Rangers there.

I'm 55, been a diehard Bruin fan all my life but have the utmost respect for the origional 6 although we had many a battle especially with Habs. But they have given us decades of awesome games/series..

Not sure what Rangers needs are right now but I know Kreider would fit in so nicely on our team. We were hoping some kid like Frederic, Studnicka or JFK would help fill our 3rd line but they're not quite ready yet. Kreider could even play on 2nd line with Krejci and DeBrusk but for the immediate future, our most pressing need is our 3rd line.

So what about a 1 for 1 swap. Kreider to Bruins, Torey Krug to Rangers. Krug is one of the more gifted offensive defensemen in the league. he finished last season 4th in Boston scoring producing 14 goals 45 assists for 59 points in in 76 games.. Tied for 5th in defenceman scoring with PK Subban BUT played 6 games less than PK.. I know you guys lost Mcdonaugh to Tampa, not sure what your defense looks like right now but Krug always quarterbacked our powerplay . Maybe Rangers would have to add another piece, I just dont know. But this could work out well for both teams. And I believe both players are same age or very close to it..Anyway, just a quick thought. I just jumped on this site and maybe it was already suggested..If so, please accept my apologies for not reading more posts..

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I agree, very little return for Rangers there.

I'm 55, been a diehard Bruin fan all my life but have the utmost respect for the origional 6 although we had many a battle especially with Habs. But they have given us decades of awesome games/series..

Not sure what Rangers needs are right now but I know Kreider would fit in so nicely on our team. We were hoping some kid like Frederic, Studnicka or JFK would help fill our 3rd line but they're not quite ready yet. Kreider could even play on 2nd line with Krejci and DeBrusk but for the immediate future, our most pressing need is our 3rd line.

So what about a 1 for 1 swap. Kreider to Bruins, Torey Krug to Rangers. Krug is one of the more gifted offensive defensemen in the league. he finished last season 4th in Boston scoring producing 14 goals 45 assists for 59 points in in 76 games.. Tied for 5th in defenceman scoring with PK Subban BUT played 6 games less than PK.. I know you guys lost Mcdonaugh to Tampa, not sure what your defense looks like right now but Krug always quarterbacked our powerplay . Maybe Rangers would have to add another piece, I just dont know. But this could work out well for both teams. And I believe both players are same age or very close to it..Anyway, just a quick thought. I just jumped on this site and maybe it was already suggested..If so, please accept my apologies for not reading more posts..

No.

Reactions: Lays

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Krug for Kreider is a very good proposal as far as value, contracts, term, and age.

If the Rangers do decide to move Kreider though, I think they would target futures instead. Krug's an UFA after next season. He'll get a huge contract as a player in his late 20's which is exactly what the Rangers need to avoid during their rebuild.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

If Kreider is getting traded, it won't be for a similarly aged player. We would need younger players, prospects and picks, more than likely.

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010
Certainly not trying to piss off any Rangers fans in here, but I just don't think Kreider holds as much value as you may think across the league. He's never been able to kick it into that top-level for a long enough period of time where I'd be comfortable giving away other high-end assets for him. I've always liked him as a player and watched him closely when he's been on my fantasy roster (3 of last 5 years). I've always expected more from him (consistent 30/30 guy), but he never really achieved this and I don't know if he will at this point. He's still young enough, but for a guy that in my mind has been on the verge of reaching that level for many years, I'd be concerned that I've misread him and would hesitate giving the top-tier talent New York would want (and realistically should not move him for unless they were to receive).

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
If Kreider is getting traded, it won't be for a similarly aged player. We would need younger players, prospects and picks, more than likely.

Fair enough guys and I especially understand GAGline when he mentioned about trading for younger players and not for a players who's age is similar to Kreider..

To be honest, it was a very quick post and I never even read the other posts on this thread. I for one reason never had much time and I was always a fan of Kreider's!!

Good luck Ranger fans. I know it sucks sometimes when your team is rebuilding. But sit back and enjoy the young players on the team. Every team goes through growing pains at some time..

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
To Boston:
Chris Kreider
3rd round pick

To New York Rangers:
Danton Heinen
Jakub Zobril
1st Round Pick

I honestly have no idea... haha.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If we trade him, I want him to go to Edmonton and play on McDavids wing. It will put to rest this question of how good he actually is vs how good he could be. If he can't do it with that guy, it ain't getting done.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I'm a life long Ranger fan and not always Kreider's biggest fan, probably because I see so much unrealized potential, from a score sheet perspective. But, the fact is that the guy is a physical beast and a menace to play against. If he were to be made available, teams would be lining up for him and the price they would be willing to pay would be higher than most here think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->