Value of: Chris Kreider

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Kreider a possession player and his games a late bloomer... He’s going to go from producing 180sog to 240sog and that’s going to turn him into a 35-40G scorer

He’s about to have a career season... watch

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
"You won't take the worst contract in the league off our hands so here's a horrible offer for your most valuable trade piece."

????

Let's just say we were taking Lucic in this deal. I'm not even sold on Puljujarvi anyway. So what else do you have to offer. Yamamoto, Bear and 2 first round picks?

For Kreider? In your dreams :laugh:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Kreider a possession player and his games a late bloomer... He’s going to go from producing 180sog to 240sog and that’s going to turn him into a 35-40G scorer

Yep. I'm sure teams are lining up to over-pay on that lottery ball. :laugh:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What exactly does Chris Kreider have with Dave Keon? :laugh:

Excellent question. One I've been asking for years.

Originally drafted as a C and unknown that he would fill out into a power F, I said that given someone in NY said he was a top 5 NHL calibre skater when drafted, Keon was the best case scenario of Kreider's upside. Keon turned out to be a much better shooter, better passer also. But at the time before CK bulked up -- thankfully the added muscle did not reduce his speed --- it was an apt comparison: a pivot whose exceptional speed offered potential for star quality performance.

No. You did not characterize the comparison that way at the time.

You said he was the next Keon, not solely based on speed or a best-case scenario, which is why the most absurd player comparison I've ever seen endures years after the fact. Don't cower and distance yourself from it now simply because the message board doesn't leave any traces of your hilariously off-base evaluation. Own it.

I owned it before, during, after and up to current time and beyond.
I DID make a conditional assessment.
As it was based on those conditions, it was not an off base evaluation.
It was correct for what it was as it was in the beginning.
As those conditions changed, I updated my assessment.
I expected him to remain a pivot.
I knew he was a kid who could put on the weight and that could bulk him up, so that is why my remarks WERE reserved.

While Kreider still has elite speed as did Keon, I expected he might be a better shooter. He has a hard shot, but while on net usually it is not effective at finding a hole as much as I'd like. Still, his speed, now enhanced by a power frame, is effective not only in front of the net, but also at creating separation.
So what I said was more accurate before the added muscle when he was a skinny C a la Keon [DK more talented than CK].
Since the change in physique and position, those new developments did not make the analogy as close a comparison as before. I said so back then commensurate with same taking place.

I had also hoped earlier on that coming up as a pivot he might have had better puck handling skills. His are good, but greatness requires what McDavid or MacKinnon have, and while I hoped for that, I never said Kreider had that.

Kreider remains an effective catalyst, he is able to single handedly dominate for stretches at a time, as he did 2nd quarter in Toronto playoffs in prior season. Like everyone, chemistry is usually a factor and he is playing better with the more talented Zib than with Stepan. Put CK with top talent and he will more than hold up his end to top results.

------------

I'm glad this thread was resurrected.
I have been crushed with a lot of stuff and have not posted as much as desired and have had to let some remarks like yours go bye.
Til now.

I was very forthright then as I am forthright now.
Right or wrong, I call them, honestly, as I see them.
There was nothing I did not "own" back then. Or now.

Your comments were a cheap shot.
Consider yourself rebuked and repudiated.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Originally drafted as a C and unknown that he would fill out into a power F, I said that given someone in NY said he was a top 5 NHL calibre skater when drafted, Keon was the best case scenario of Kreider's upside. Keon turned out to be a much better shooter, better passer also. But at the time before CK bulked up -- thankfully the added muscle did not reduce his speed --- it was an apt comparison: a pivot whose exceptional speed offered potential for star quality performance.

I knew he was a kid who could put on the weight and that could bulk him up, so that is why my remarks WERE reserved.

While Kreider still has elite speed as did Keon, I expected he might be a better shooter. He has a hard shot, but while on net usually it is not effective at finding a hole as much as I'd like. Still, his speed, now enhanced by a power frame, is effective not only in front of the net, but also at creating separation.
So what I said was more accurate before the added muscle when he was a skinny C a la Keon [DK more talented than CK].
Since the change in physique and position, those new developments did not make the analogy as close a comparison as before. I said so back then commensurate with same taking place.

I had also hoped earlier on that coming up as a pivot he might have had better puck handling skills. His are good, but greatness requires what McDavid or MacKinnon have, and while I hoped for that, I never said Kreider had that.

Kreider remains an effective catalyst, he is able to single handedly dominate for stretches at a time, as he did 2nd quarter in Toronto playoffs in prior season. Like everyone, chemistry is usually a factor and he is playing better with the more talented Zib than with Stepan. Put CK with top talent and he will more than hold up his end to top results.

------------

I have been crushed with a lot of stuff and have not posted as much as desired and have had to let some remarks like yours go bye.
Til now.

It's fine if you thought that Kreider had Keon ceiling, providing you admit that he is no where near that ceiling and never will be.
Prime Keon>>>>Prime Kreider

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It's fine if you thought that Kreider had Keon ceiling, providing you admit that he is no where near that ceiling and never will be.
Prime Keon>>>>Prime Kreider

The obvious single most important component to both players is speed. Both are exceptional. Kreider can skate with Keon's grace and fluidity, but being bulkier, but not slower, adds a power dimension. Keon is not noticeably faster. On that they are equal, or the good bigger man defeats the good smaller man, as is the adage in sports.

HOWEVER, on the rest of it, accuracy in shooting, handling the puck, passing, Keon was clearly a superior player.

I have never been about putting down either of these 2 great players, both of whom I watched and appreciate.

I simply hope that NY can find better linemates for Chris, preferably sooner than later. That would improve his effectiveness. Kratsov is supposedly exceptional speed, but has better scoring and passing. We'll see next year.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Yep. I'm sure teams are lining up to over-pay on that lottery ball. :laugh:

Kreider last 140GP 48G 345sog
Per 82 28G 202sog

Kreider first 248GP 61G 493sog
Per 82 20G 163sog

See how he’s trending up? He’s a late bloomer... 35-40G from 27 to 33

Watch

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

I like Kreider but I've been hearing this every year.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

------------

Til now.

Reasonable as ever.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Kreider is one of the top 3 net front presences in the league. He's also excellent defensively. Probably not the guy the Rangers should move up front. I'd move Buchnevich, Hayes or Zucc before him. Yamamoto is tiny so there is definitely some risk trading for him. He has shown almost nothing at the NHL level so far. IMO, he's probably 2 years away if he will make it. However, if the Oilers wanted to do something like McQuaid and Zucc for Yamamota and a 2nd, it might make sense.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
There is certainly overlap between middle six and top six... I think he is a good second liner. Look at his stats.

A debate of whether elite or top liner is a short lived debate!! Over 21 goals... one time.
There's a significant difference between a middle six for and top six forward and if you don't think so then continue to argue with the wall

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I'd like to see Kreider on the Oilers, but some money has to go back because Edmonton is right up against the cap.

Kreider has ranged from 37-53 points and has a lot of positive intangibles. I'd expect him to put up 50+ points on McDavid's wing, and 40-50 on Draisaitl's.

So if a high pick and a prospect is the price for Ranger fans, keep in mind some cap has to go back.

Kassian $1.95 Million AAV
Caggiula $1.5 Million AAV
Chaisson $650,000 AAV

All in the last year of their deals. Not too much money going to New York. Off the books after the end of the season.

2019 1st top 10 protected, otherwise 1st 2020 unprotected
2019 2nd, option to shift to 2020 2nd
Ethan Bear (RHD Prospect)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd like to see Kreider on the Oilers, but some money has to go back because Edmonton is right up against the cap.

Kreider has ranged from 37-53 points and has a lot of positive intangibles. I'd expect him to put up 50+ points on McDavid's wing, and 40-50 on Draisaitl's.

So if a high pick and a prospect is the price for Ranger fans, keep in mind some cap has to go back.

Chaisson $650,000 AAV

All in the last year of their deals. Not too much money going to New York. Off the books after the end of the season.

That's not a bad offer. Don't know if NYR system has room to take all those players back, though. A 1st, 2nd, and Bear from a team that will struggle to make the playoffs is pretty good. Given that NYR are rebuilding, it seems to fit with their MO.

Reactions: TFHockey

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017

Chaisson $650,000 AAV

Ranger fan here. I say hell yes. I’ll even drive Chris to the airport myself

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

------------

Til now.

Except it's not a good comparison being that Kreider is not a center and that to say that a hall of famer was Kreider's ceiling was ridiculous to begin with, being that he was a project pick drafted out of Prep School and he didn't dominate at BC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad