Injury Report: Chris Kelly Out 6-8 Months w/Left Femur Fracture

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Lmfao at how much love Kelly gets now. Hypocrites. Can we blame the season on him now too.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Lmfao at how much love Kelly gets now. Hypocrites. Can we blame the season on him now too.

None of this is as black and white as you want to make it seem. Kelly's absence has a definite impact on the roster: lines get shuffled, new players get called up, veteran presence goes missing.

You dinged me on my previous comment regarding Kelly missing, as well as Pastrnak. It does make a difference. The team could have used Kelly's PK and defensive skills, and Pastrnak's speed.

No way to know whether the game would have been won or lost with them on the roster. We do know how it ended up with them missing.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
None of this is as black and white as you want to make it seem. Kelly's absence has a definite impact on the roster: lines get shuffled, new players get called up, veteran presence goes missing.

You dinged me on my previous comment regarding Kelly missing, as well as Pastrnak. It does make a difference. The team could have used Kelly's PK and defensive skills, and Pastrnak's speed.

No way to know whether the game would have been won or lost with them on the roster. We do know how it ended up with them missing.

Didn't mean to ding anyone. You have to admit the change of tune by a lot of people. If Kelly is the difference on this team being successful, they are in trouble. Which I think they are. This whole year I'd going to be fools gold. I'm ok with them sucking. No choice, I guess. :)

mgreyxx99*

Chris kelly sucks. This guy should have been bought out two years ago but somehow he broke his back and disappeared so we couldn't buy him out. So they keep him around for all his leadership which led us to a non playoff spot. Now he has one year left on his blaoted contract and we could at least move him at the deadline for a 5th round pick which is all he's worth but he goes and breaks his leg somehow when nobody touched him...oh well. He sucks.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Chris kelly sucks. This guy should have been bought out two years ago but somehow he broke his back and disappeared so we couldn't buy him out. So they keep him around for all his leadership which led us to a non playoff spot. Now he has one year left on his blaoted contract and we could at least move him at the deadline for a 5th round pick which is all he's worth but he goes and breaks his leg somehow when nobody touched him...oh well. He sucks.

yep, Chris Kelly, the reason for all things bad that happen to the Bruins:sarcasm:

The only thing questionable about Kelly is his contract, other than that, he`s a very solid NHL`er, now, I would have placed him on the 4th line last year and moved on from Soupy but...

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
yep, Chris Kelly, the reason for all things bad that happen to the Bruins:sarcasm:

The only thing questionable about Kelly is his contract, other than that, he`s a very solid NHL`er, now, I would have placed him on the 4th line last year and moved on from Soupy but...

Don't feed the trolls...

He's doing this in several threads.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

I think watching the likes of Seguin Iginla Boychuk moved on from due to lack of cap space, whilst Kelly kept on eating up 3mil of cap space has a lot to do with the Kelly frustration from some fans.

Totally irrelevant however. This team needed someone to step up on the PK when Kelly was healthy, I'd say even more so now.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Sometimes posters like to be extreme to attract attention. Too bad it drives smarter, more measured posters away. I miss reading a lot of them.

I guess one $3.5 million contract is what has done in the Bruins for the last few years, right?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I think watching the likes of Seguin Iginla Boychuk moved on from due to lack of cap space, whilst Kelly kept on eating up 3mil of cap space has a lot to do with the Kelly frustration from some fans.

Totally irrelevant however. This team needed someone to step up on the PK when Kelly was healthy, I'd say even more so now.

I think I and anyone else with half a brain can say with 110% certainty that the cap had nothing to do with Seguin getting traded.

mgreyxx99*

We lost looch and boychuk and kept kelly....anyone paying 100+ for season tix has a right to feel screwed

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Is CK an elite 4th liner?

I agree that if he wasn't being paid 3 million, he would be well liked by all. Not his fault. As far as his on ice skill, he was painful to watch skating. Became just a 4th line player. Nothing wrong with that.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Solid bottom six guy with a lot of heart. Is rarely the difference-maker, but very rarely a liability.

Give him time to heal properly and a PTO next autumn. If he looks ok, sign him for 1yr $1M (possibly 2-way) deal. If he reconditions himself from that injury at the age of 35 he's earned it - and if he wants to be back, he'll take it.

Si Hopkins

Dec 8, 2007
Easthampton
magichelicopterpress.com
Sometimes you just got to root for the good guy. Plus, you got to root for that which would provide the most entertainment value on HF. If somehow Kelly plays another game for the Bruins, the firestorm here will be delicious.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Sometimes you just got to root for the good guy. Plus, you got to root for that which would provide the most entertainment value on HF. If somehow Kelly plays another game for the Bruins, the firestorm here will be delicious.

Wait until the B's sign him for another 3 years at 3 million per year :sarcasm:

That would be a fun day here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad