Injury Report: Chris Kelly Out 6-8 Months w/Left Femur Fracture

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
:amazed: :amazed:

How in the world. Did he hit a rut in the ice? It just looked like he fell down. Poor guy. :(

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Not the injury I would have guessed from the way he went down, figured it would be more of a knee/ligament issue. Rough for Kelly and the team.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Poor guy, rarely a break from the fans, people overall had really started to a appreciate him a bit this year IMHO and ... :cry:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Man that sucks. That seems like a long timeframe. Might be back this year but probably not.

6 months puts him at April, but that's making a lot of assumptions and hoping for the best case scenario in every way.

Probably the end of his Bruins career, and maybe his NHL career. Tough way to go out

Rancid McGoiter

Still metal.
Feb 1, 2005
Is it too early to say, "Thanks for everything, Chris?"

Another broken leg. It's a Zhamnov type thing where you feel bad, but have to look at the positive.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
The Kelly era is over in Boston. Looking back on it, we were frustrated with the contract that Chia richly gave him and the large role he was given but he is a very useful utility player that played with a ton of heart.

I chose to remember the 2011 version that was an extremely fast and useful player.

Respect to the cage! Thanks for the memories, leadership and effort.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
The Kelly era is over in Boston. Looking back on it, we were frustrated with the contract that Chia richly gave him and the large role he was given but he is a very useful utility player that played with a ton of heart.

I chose to remember the 2011 version that was an extremely fast and useful player.

Well said. You need Kelly types to win a Cup.

Thanks for everything Kelly. You'll be missed. At least by me.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Bad ice caused it I think.
Poor Kelly. He will be a free agent when he comes back and that will probably be the end of his career.

Andrew Ference in a way. Not what he was, but a leader who defended teammates and was sound defensively.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
That really sucks. As if the PK wasn't suffering enough. I'd honestly consider signing Paille at this point.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sad news, would hate to see him finish his career like this.

I hope he has a job with the Bruins if this was it for him.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Hard to break that bone. Someone on Twitter mentioned possibility of bone cancer. It reminded me of Dave Dravecky breaking his arm by throwing a pitch. Sure hope that's not the case for CK.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts

Hit the nail on the head.

Thanks for everything Kelly - wish you the best in your recovery.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I think Kelly will play in the NHL again next year, but this was his last game as a Bruin, tough way for him to go out and I will always remember him for the effort in the 2011 cup run, especially that tying goal late in game 4 vs the Habs.

If there is a positive from this it does give the Bruins another $3m in cap space for this year, of course not the way you wanted it to happen. Hate to see anyone get hurt and wish him a speedy recovery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad