Prospect Info: Charlie Stramel, C, 21st Overall, 2023 NHL Draft

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Watched part of the UW versus UMN game last night, Stramel looks like a fast & physical depth forward with some puck skills but lacks the ability and/or confidence to make plays consistently in the O-zone. Stramel, if he makes the league, will be a Christian Fischer type that disappoints you in the regular season, but could be a valuable playoff style player when the games actually matter.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Watched part of the UW versus UMN game last night, Stramel looks like a fast & physical depth forward with some puck skills but lacks the ability and/or confidence to make plays consistently in the O-zone. Stramel, if he makes the league, will be a Christian Fischer type that disappoints you in the regular season, but could be a valuable playoff style player when the games actually matter.
Did he play at all the second period? Did he switch numbers or something because I did not see him once. Genuinely asking.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If I'm being honest, I would be surprised if he becomes an NHLer in any capacity. As I said in the other thread, maybe he'd thrive better under the significant structure of an AHL/NHL 4th line style of play, but at this point that's just more hopium than him indicating that. Really hope they don't go back to this method of drafting in 2024.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad