Prospect Info: Charlie Stramel, C, 21st Overall, 2023 NHL Draft

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm open to hearing arguments in favor of this season being anything but supremely underwhelming, if anybody thinks they can do it. Otherwise, I don't really know what the problem is here.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

According to The Athletic’s Max Olson, Stramel indicated in his transfer portal entry that he does not want to be contacted by schools, which is rare but typically done when players already know where they want to go. A source close to Stramel did say Stramel is not expected to make a decision until he pays visits to college campuses.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If Stramel is looking at other schools, he should pick one where he will have a better chance to play top 6 minutes. I saw that Northern Michigan is losing 13 players off their roster, maybe he should look there?

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Hastings prefers 24 years olds that are what they are over 19 year olds with higher upside
The names of the players under 20 years old (at the start of the year) that Stramel outproduced are Zachary Schulz, Owen Mehlenbacher, Tyson Jugnauth, and Brady Cleveland. All except one are 4th rounders or later, and all but one are defensemen.

Outscoring Stramel in that age group was Lucius, William Whitelaw, Quinn Finley, and Tyson Dyck. The latter three were 3rd rounders or later. So, Stramel is sort of in the bottom of the middle of the younger guys, or the top of the bottom depending on where you draw that line.

The leading scorers, except for Lucius, were all over 20, so I think there's truth that Hastings likes his older players, but Lucius also proves that Stramel deserves some of the blame. Getting out of that situation might help. I hope it does.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Stramel looked disengaged and out of place. A change of scenery makes a ton of sense. Unless he’s just completely lost his skills, there is no reason he couldn’t get a bigger role and better fit elsewhere. Even at a big program like the Gophers or the Sioux

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He might be better off at a smaller, but good program like St Cloud.

Still, his underwhelming play so far is on him, not on his coaches, or the program.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I went to the University of Minnesota and eventually got kicked out. So I find myself wondering, in your eyes, does that make me the lowest of degenerates, or is that actually a redeeming quality?

I think we all need more information about why you got kicked out before we can say

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I went to the University of Minnesota and eventually got kicked out. So I find myself wondering, in your eyes, does that make me the lowest of degenerates, or is that actually a redeeming quality?
It’s the going to one school and then going to the rival school that would annoy me. I’m sure you had no other options, so I’ll forgive you ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad