Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy V signs 3 year $4.9m extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
8 years with a $1m AAV
Which given years over that term does he earn less/more than the average dollar value? Or is it just 1 million in each season of the deal? 8 million is a lot of money, however you slice it, I guess... he'd be drooling for it.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Gotta be careful with that Google translate, it's all over the place as far as accuracy goes.
Just put what you typed into google English to Italian. Those who speak Italian can say if it’s any good.:laugh:

Devo stare attento con quel traduttore di Google, è dappertutto per quanto riguarda la precisione.

p.s. I’m bored, waiting for someone to sign!!!

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Just put what you typed into google English to Italian. Those who speak Italian can say if it’s any good.:laugh:

Devo stare attento con quel traduttore di Google, è dappertutto per quanto riguarda la precisione.

p.s. I’m bored, waiting for someone to sign!!!

You see that's kinda wrong too.

Devo stare takes it a little to literally.

When I say "gotta" I mean people in general, here it is translated in the sense "I gotta"

I would have said devi stare attento , the rest looks good.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I like Carlo, but I agree with Dom. Some of the higher numbers people have thrown out seem to be based off of what people see as his potential, rather than what he’s actually proven.

A big part of RFA status is the team gets some more leverage to really make these “fringe top players” prove themselves in a second contract. It’s hard for me to see justifying more than 4 million AAV any term, and even that feels a bit high. That being said, I thought Heinen was a bit high, so maybe it’s just right.

like carlo. but unfortunately all i keep thinking about is that pathetic shift in OT he had in game2. ugh.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

This should be a decent long term deal comp for McAvoy if you ask me...

Morrisey is older, but similar stats last year .

Mac 7-21=28 in 54
Morrisey 6-25=31 in 59

Also similar "complete" puck moving D.

These last two deals, Werenski and Morrisey help Sweens for sure

Reactions: JOKER 192

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

Mac 7-21=28 in 54
Morrisey 6-25=31 in 59

Either 3 years @ 4.5 per
or
8 years @ 6.75 per

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Mac 7-21=28 in 54
Morrisey 6-25=31 in 59

Would you trade Mac for any of these guys? How about any of these guys and a second?

Not trying to be argumentative, but I see a lot of comparisons based on a couple of numbers here and there and I'm skeptical.

For the record, I wouldn't make these deals, but perhaps others would.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Would you trade Mac for any of these guys? How about any of these guys and a second?

Not trying to be argumentative, but I see a lot of comparisons based on a couple of numbers here and there and I'm skeptical.

Mac for Werenski or Morrissey? No, I wouldn't do it. That said, I am not sure what McAvoy (his agent) is playing at here. The fact that a deal isn't done tells me he is asking for too much for what he's done. Maybe believing his own hype a bit? Asking for a payday on what he might do? Based on what he's done, his durability (which admittedly has not been the greatest) he shouldn't be looking for more than this small sample size of comparables. Just an opinion of course but the longer that this drags on the less I like McAvoy. Same goes for Carlo. I can't imagine what he think he's worth that they can't get a deal done.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Mac for Werenski or Morrissey? No, I wouldn't do it. That said, I am not sure what McAvoy (his agent) is playing at here. The fact that a deal isn't done tells me he is asking for too much for what he's done. Maybe believing his own hype a bit? Asking for a payday on what he might do? Based on what he's done, his durability (which admittedly has not been the greatest) he shouldn't be looking for more than this small sample size of comparables. Just an opinion of course but the longer that this drags on the less I like McAvoy. Same goes for Carlo. I can't imagine what he think he's worth that they can't get a deal done.
Agree with you 100% on the above.
Here is a trade I would like to see for Mac:
To the Wild - McAvoy/Backes/JFK
To the Bruins - Dumba / Zucker
Plus we talk the Wild into retaining 1-2 million in year one of the deal of Dumba / Zucker's salary, so we have some cap space.

Reactions: Dr Hook

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Agree with you 100% on the above.
Here is a trade I would like to see for Mac:
To the Wild - McAvoy/Backes/JFK
To the Bruins - Dumba / Zucker
Plus we talk the Wild into retaining 1-2 million in year one of the deal of Dumba / Zucker's salary, so we have some cap space.

Worse than the Seguin trade.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Those are the numbers, maybe Charlie gets another .25-.5M but that's about it. We're not negotiating a trade here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad