Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy V signs 3 year $4.9m extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I wanted him to sign longer but this is a great deal and the money for Carlo is there now.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Never any doubt. It’s what DS does time and time again. We throw around numbers here that he soundly undercuts every time. Then we do it again...

I am a tad concerned about Carlo, because defense doesn’t easily translate to cash and DS might try to use that while Carlo knows his worth and can’t allow that standard moving forward in a long career.

DS would be wise to not go too far.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Never any doubt. It’s what DS does time and time again. We throw around numbers here that he soundly undercuts every time. Then we do it again...

I am a tad concerned about Carlo, because defense doesn’t easily translate to cash and DS might try to use that while Carlo knows his worth.

guessing this one is addressed quickly now that CM is signed

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

I am a tad concerned about Carlo, because defense doesn’t easily translate to cash and DS might try to use that while Carlo knows his worth.

I'm guessing they may try a 2 year bridge now. Leave 2 years RFA left just like Mac did. 2 years 6 mil? Then he gets his big deal too?

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I’d love a long term deal at short money. Like 6 years at 4.5 million or something.

Is it legal to make this year 3.5 or does the league not allow that?

I don't believe they allow that. I want Carlo long term as well, but considering what Mac did, and what's left for space... i think another bridge may be coming.... and if you pay Mac 4.9 on a short term. No way Carlo can be much more than 3.2 per

Reactions: GloveSave1

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Awesome news and a fantastic deal. Phenomenal job per usual by Sweeney and good on Charlie for showing his commitment to the team and taking something team friendly... Given his position he could have demanded MUCH more and made a mess (not that I or likely anyone was expecting that). He'll get paid in 3 years and if he reaches his potential I'll be happy to pay it.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Good thing some here aren’t running the show. He’d be getting 7.5-8 mil. Lol!!!

It was either long term deal where they probably pay more up front than he's worth at this point, or bridge deal where he makes decent money but can cash in huge in 3 years if he continues to develop. I like it when players bet on themselves like this. Shows a lot of confidence.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Excellent job by Sweeney here, if McAvoy continues to progress as he has, he will get paid big time in 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad