Player Discussion Charlie McAvoy V signs 3 year $4.9m extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
pretty good chance he gets a game IMO. And I get it.

I’m trying to look at all of these plays objectively. People always come up with examples from the past that they think favor their situation to justify more or less games. Looking at this on its own, it seems justified that he gets a game.

I really don’t like it, but the awesome truth is...we have the defensive depth to survive it for a game.

People bring up examples to try to predict what the punishment will be, which is normal.

Given that the DOPS has not shown one iota of consistency in their rulings from situation to situation, it’s pointless.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
It better not be three or four games, or I’m gonna be oissed

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Dom had said a bit ago players can't be fined anymore because they don't get paid after a certain point. They would have warned him over the phone so he's definitely getting suspended one would surmise.

I believe the point of the “hearing” is so that the player is allowed to plead their case. I doubt it will make a difference.

I would rather have McAvoy miss Game 1 than 5 and the game last night in a Game 6. Silver lining of him getting a game is that it will disprove the notion that the NHL is biased in favor of the Bruins.

Reactions: TwineTickler

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
People bring up examples to try to predict what the punishment will be, which is normal.

Given that the DOPS has not shown one iota of consistency in their rulings from situation to situation, it’s pointless.

No they don’t. People find all the examples they can that are “similar” to the situation (all of which happen to favor their stance) to try to argue why the DOPS is a joke and why their player can’t/shouldn’t be suspended. “Consistency” is the buzzword every fanbase from every league uses to justify why their team gets screwed because they can dig up examples which point the other way. Sometimes the examples are actually similar. Other times, they’re laughably desperate comparisons.

When inevitably the authority comes to a different conclusion than the fan, said fan chalks it up to something along the lines of “this league is a joke”. And “inconsistency”.

And no, I’m not saying that I’ve agreed with nearly every call that DOPS has made, but I also can accept that it’s a clear reality that no one person is going to agree with everything they do.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I believe the point of the “hearing” is so that the player is allowed to plead their case. I doubt it will make a difference.

I would rather have McAvoy miss Game 1 than 5 and the game last night in a Game 6. Silver lining of him getting a game is that it will disprove the notion that the NHL is biased in favor of the Bruins.

No it won’t. People who believe this will forever believe what they want to believe.

You’re overestimating people if you think that any of that sentiment is based in rational thought.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I personally saw the backes one exactly as it was called . Live I was thinking five but after replay I was kind of thinking it would only be a two .

No way was it suspendable . Five was the ceiling on that play.

Now to this play This guy is engaged with another player Charlie comes over and nails him : gets the head as well as the body . Now I know there wasn't intent but when you look at what gets you a game in the playoffs this actually looks worse than most of those type hits or as bad .

The bottom line is thank God it wasn't for game 7 against the jackets. I may be crazy but I just think it isn't only a less important game but we will have a stronger chance of winning a game 1 with out him than a game 7.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Welp this is unfortunate. Looks as if the rest of the board will get their way.

If he hadn’t I think this place would burn to the ground.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Absolutely, 10000%.

I’ll take a game.

Last edited:

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
I think he should get a warning with no priors, but how is it not suspension worthy if they wind up going that way? Scott Stevens made a living off those hits, but there are rules in place (not that I agree with them)
Chest first contact and Anderson’s head goes down. They have to use logic here. Oh and he was completely fine

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
This was to be expected. Glad that Anderson is ok and that they were fine in the handshake line. Seeing that Charlie hasn't had any issues in the past, I think the most he would get would be one game. Thankfully, no injury occurred because of it, which works to his favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad