Confirmed with Link: Charles Hudon signed (1 year, $800,000)

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
Good rookie season, terrible second. This is not the first time it's happening in hockey, this season is the most important in his career and will determine pretty much everything (most probably he's not good enough). We will see though and I'm kind of interested that they are taking the opportunity to see how it goes.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
If I'm not mistaken, the AHL salary attached to that QO was under 100K. He was obviously looking for better financial security.

He was also arbitration eligible and he wasn't going to get a 2-way deal from the arbitrator. I still think Hudon will find an NHL job somewhere, it just won't be in Montreal. If his feet can keep up with the play like they sort of did in his rookie year when the Habs were a much slower team he can be useful player.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Still have hope for Hudon
30 pts 72 games in his rookie season, and was among our best players at creating scoring chances.

Hudon is not a good skater, but he's got the puck protection skills, craftiness and hockey iq to overcome that.

Reactions: montreal

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Come on bargain bin .Sign McCarron next to a 1 mil contract.Wouldn't want to admit that he's a bust now would ya?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
We drafted the guy and put him through the AHL. At 800K why not at least keep your investment?

Other option was just to let him go.

I was a Hudon fan but I don't think he has it to be an NHLer but maybe he will have a fire in him and prove me wrong.

At worst he gets picked up on waivers, half the board cries about losing him for nothing and he will show MB and then next year he is playing in Europe or KHL.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dats Depth...

Just heard Marinaro bring up an argument from a fan claiming that the Habs have spent $15M on bottom players. I think the fan was mentioning 8 players garnering 15M, including Hudon.

I wonder if the Habs have the highest cap space dedicated to non-prime players.

Reactions: Habs178

Jul 6, 2016
Hudon doesn't want to play at AHL level at all. So, he,s gonna play with the Habs or elsewhere in the NHL, or in some European pro league

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Just heard Marinaro bring up an argument from a fan claiming that the Habs have spent $15M on bottom players. I think the fan was mentioning 8 players garnering 15M, including Hudon.

Easily

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009

Thing is most of them won't count much against the cap as they will be in Laval. Anyone at a million or less won't count at all. He is spending a shit ton of Molson's real money on bottom players but it won't be a whole lot in terms of cap space. Maybe Molson isn't just in it to make a buck:DD

Reactions: Acadien86

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

That's a telling stat. The makes it even more of a joke that our highest paid forward is Drouin at 5.5.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Thing is most of them won't count much against the cap as they will be in Laval. Anyone at a million or less won't count at all. He is spending a **** ton of Molson's real money on bottom players but it won't be a whole lot in terms of cap space. Maybe Molson isn't just in it to make a buck:DD
Bottom players is probably where the biggest fight for playing time will be. They couldn’t secure a top 3, and very few if any of the bottom 3 are set, so it’ll create a lot of competition.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Good rookie season, terrible second. This is not the first time it's happening in hockey, this season is the most important in his career and will determine pretty much everything (most probably he's not good enough). We will see though and I'm kind of interested that they are taking the opportunity to see how it goes.
I always thought he had good vision and hockey sense. I’m not sure the other tools are there though. He’s one of the remaining “old group” of prospects, so this should be it. Too many guys coming up that could pass him by.

Jul 6, 2016
Hudon is at the wrong place at the wrong time. Habs have plenty of forwards under 6' tall. Today's NHL is based on skating speed. I dunno where he fits in that line up at all.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
This is just burning money for the sake of burning money. They can bury the whole cap hit but it still a contract spot wasted. Do they think they need a token franco around to keep the idiots in the media quiet?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Drouin - Domi - Hudon
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Poehling - KK - Lehkonen
Byron - Weal - Armia
Cousins
Thompson

Poehling by default is probably ahl bound, but if he has a strong camp then he should make the roster

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Drouin - Domi - Hudon
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Poehling - KK - Lehkonen
Byron - Weal - Armia
Cousins
Thompson

Poehling by default is probably ahl bound, but if he has a strong camp then he should make the roster

Wow that lineup is Lafreniere worthy...:sarcasm:

I don't see Hudon making this team unless we have some kind of massive injury or issues in our top 9.
As a 4th line player he is competing with Byron/Weal/Cousins/Thompson/Peca , doesn't look promising to me...

This is my ideal lineup:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher (Known solid chemistry)
Drouin - Domi - Poehling (Drouin and Domi have obvious chemistry and Poehling adds a big body which has been shown to be successful)
Armia - KK - Lekhonen (The Finnish line played well together and Armia was finding his game before his injury , couldn't buy a goal when they first put this line together)
Byron - Cousins - Weal (I think this line could be very successful despite the lack of size)

Mete - Weber (Mete compliments Weber quite well , hopefully he keeps progressing)
Kulak - Petry (Kulak is a player without a lot less holes in his game than Chiarot and him and Petry have chemistry)
Chiarot - Juulsen (Chiarot and Juulsen could form a hard hitting and solid bottom pairing)

Price
Kinkaid

I don't see how Hudon fits on this team...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad