Confirmed with Link: Charles Hudon signed (1 year, $800,000)

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Don’t get it. Hudon doesn’t fit anywhere and it’s doubtful he’s even tradable. Why pay him $800k to play in the AHL unless they think they can trade him for a pick, which at that point, they’re basically buying a pick.

Everybody else was signed. This was his last open file, unless you think he's about to make a trade. People need to take a chill pill. This is a lot less important than any other signings that happened since July 1st lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Everybody else was signed. This was his last open file, unless you think he's about to make a trade.

McCarron didn’t file for arb but I'd be surprised if the Habs did not want to sign him.

So, one more to go.

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Canad13ns

Nov 6, 2018
Armia - KK - Lekhonen (The Finnish line played well together and Armia was finding his game before his injury , couldn't buy a goal when they first put this line together)

I don't want to see this line together. Having a shared language is not a good reason to suppress our promising centre's growth as a player. Chemistry has been defined as the ability to perform collectively and effectively on the field. In hockey, effectively for forwards normally means racking up points, ideally goals. At the end of the season, the time at which they putatively developed chemistry, there were very few goals. I am attaching Armia's game log, followed by Lehkonen's and Kotkaniemi's. Are these the stats of a line performing effectively, a line with chemistry??

I must have watched 50 passes from Kotkaniemi slide under the stick of the ineffectively whiffing Lehkonen and Armia. I do not thing we should ruin this poor guy's development, playing him with players who cannot convert his passes. Would you put an exciting Francophone prospect on a line with two Francophone prospects who would miss an empty net, because you think Francophones belong together? Is that fair or is it screwed up? You want to see a line of Drouin Chaput and Hudon? How about just creating effective lines regardless of language? In Panarin's rookie year, he managed to figure it out with Kane and Anisimov. Would he have appreciated it if the coach had put him with Tikhonov instead of Kane, so they could chat about their missed opportunities in Russian? Or was he glad he could score instead and celebrate in the universal language of the fist pump?

Enough with the Finnish line with NO FINISH!!

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 7.43.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 7.45.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 7.47.13 PM.png

Reactions: Prairie Habs

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I don’t get this at all unless he’s a regular fixture they couldn’t get to play in Laval all year without NHL pay. Just do not see where the upside is anymore at 25 and a career high 30 points on a team he got more minutes then he would usually because of how bad we were that year.
Someone will likely pick him up on waivers so I’m not upset about it.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
They're gonna look to trade him, we don't have a roster spot for him and he's a legit 4th liner on a lot of NHL teams. Might get a 4th or 5th for him.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don’t get this at all unless he’s a regular fixture they couldn’t get to play in Laval all year without NHL pay. Just do not see where the upside is anymore at 25 and a career high 30 points on a team he got more minutes then he would usually because of how bad we were that year.
Someone will likely pick him up on waivers so I’m not upset about it.
Bergevin is obsessed with depth, he believes that a strong 3rd an 4th line are the true path to a cup, we are doomed.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
A few weeks ago, it looked like Hudon's days were numbered with the Habs, he had rejected his QO and had filled for arbitration. Today, he signed for 800 k which was probably the initial offer by the Habs, give or take.

Hudon's agent must of realized that his client's value is quite low and the Habs are expecting him to rebound.

As it stands,

Tatar Domi Gallagher
Drouin Danault ????
Armia KK Lek Byron

This is your top 9. I don't see how the team has improved. Not to mention that any line Drouin played on last year was a disaster.

There is an abundance of 4th liners as you would expect. Thompson, Weal, Cousins, Peca, Weise and Hudon. Peca and Weise will be demoted to the AHL. Hudon will be given another chance on the top lines. If he does good, I do believe Lek or Byron will be traded for a pick mid season. These are typical BargainBin moves. If Hudon sucks, he will be the 13th forward. He needs to seize his chance this time around. Most likely he gets waived and the Habs don't lose much or have help for Laval. Suzuki and Poehling might surprise. So Hudon has lots of pressure.

This year was a crucial year for MB to do something. He did nothing, he tried though but failed miserably. The Aho fiasco I hope was the final blow and hopefully Molson opens his eyes when the team fails to make the playoffs once more. But what I am saying, MB is teflon, Molson is only interested in making the playoffs not winning championships.

BargainBin bargainbinning as usual, waiverbinning on the side. No playoffs again next year but the future looks bright.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
A few weeks ago, it looked like Hudon's days were numbered with the Habs, he had rejected his QO and had filled for arbitration. Today, he signed for 800 k which was probably the initial offer by the Habs, give or take.

Hudon's agent must of realized that his client's value is quite low and the Habs are expecting him to rebound.

As it stands,

Tatar Domi Gallagher
Drouin Danault ????
Armia KK Lek Byron

This is your top 9. I don't see how the team has improved. Not to mention that any line Drouin played on last year was a disaster.

There is an abundance of 4th liners as you would expect. Thompson, Weal, Cousins, Peca, Weise and Hudon. Peca and Weise will be demoted to the AHL. Hudon will be given another chance on the top lines. If he does good, I do believe Lek or Byron will be traded for a pick mid season. These are typical BargainBin moves. If Hudon sucks, he will be the 13th forward. He needs to seize his chance this time around. Most likely he gets waived and the Habs don't lose much or have help for Laval. Suzuki and Poehling might surprise. So Hudon has lots of pressure.

This year was a crucial year for MB to do something. He did nothing, he tried though but failed miserably. The Aho fiasco I hope was the final blow and hopefully Molson opens his eyes when the team fails to make the playoffs once more. But what I am saying, MB is teflon, Molson is only interested in making the playoffs not winning championships.

BargainBin bargainbinning as usual, waiverbinning on the side. No playoffs again next year but the future looks bright.

Nah, his QO was a 1 year, 715k two-way deal.
He filed for arbitration because he had no contract by July 5th and he had arbitration rights. It's just a formality.

All in all he got a one-way deal and his salary increased by ~23%, obviously both are equally important for a fringe player like Hudon.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
A charity case, excess baggage. a 7th man on the ice/ He has contributed nothing tsince arriving in Montreal. I doubt Seattle would consider him.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
... yes, and he won't be claimed.

this is one of the ways the Habs take advantage of having deep pockets. sign a "2-way quality" player to a one way contract and no-one will touch them on waivers.

now, if only they can use those deep pockets for more useful strategies.

burning money or burning the contract spot? which are you concerned about here?
Losing the contract spot limit your options. I don't care about the money.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I don't want to see this line together. Having a shared language is not a good reason to suppress our promising centre's growth as a player. Chemistry has been defined as the ability to perform collectively and effectively on the field. In hockey, effectively for forwards normally means racking up points, ideally goals. At the end of the season, the time at which they putatively developed chemistry, there were very few goals. I am attaching Armia's game log, followed by Lehkonen's and Kotkaniemi's. Are these the stats of a line performing effectively, a line with chemistry??

I must have watched 50 passes from Kotkaniemi slide under the stick of the ineffectively whiffing Lehkonen and Armia. I do not thing we should ruin this poor guy's development, playing him with players who cannot convert his passes. Would you put an exciting Francophone prospect on a line with two Francophone prospects who would miss an empty net, because you think Francophones belong together? Is that fair or is it screwed up? You want to see a line of Drouin Chaput and Hudon? How about just creating effective lines regardless of language? In Panarin's rookie year, he managed to figure it out with Kane and Anisimov. Would he have appreciated it if the coach had put him with Tikhonov instead of Kane, so they could chat about their missed opportunities in Russian? Or was he glad he could score instead and celebrate in the universal language of the fist pump?

Enough with the Finnish line with NO FINISH!!

View attachment 245521 View attachment 245523 View attachment 245525

Playing third line center combined with significant PP time isn't going to ruin a 19 year old kid.

He will get more minutes when he is better than 2 or more centers on this team......end of story.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Losing the contract spot limit your options. I don't care about the money.

Like I said earlier, we will absolutely need to shoot some of those depth forwards, in order to clear contract spots.

We have 47 contracts. McCarron will make it 48.

Due for signing next year are Fonstad, Hillis, Houde and McShane. We probably also sign RHP because he will be AHL bound. If we sign them all that would be 53 contracts, which is 3 over the limit.

Lindgren is probably gone by December. Waked, Weise, Folin, Thompson and Peca are probably not renewed past this season as they will be replaced internally. We go back down to 47.

We are fine contract wise even just going with the flow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad