Confirmed with Link: Charles Hudon signed (1 year, $800,000)

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
there's no obvious guarantee they'd lose him... and even IF they did ? so ****ing what ? a 24 years old 14th forward on a non PO team ? what would the Habs miss ? a conditionnqal 9th round pick ?? seriously...
Conditional 9th pick... Shhh... Don't give Bergevin any ideas.

Reactions: ECWHSWI

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
there's no obvious guarantee they'd lose him... and even IF they did ? so ****ing what ? a 24 years old 14th forward on a non PO team ? what would the Habs miss ? a conditionnqal 9th round pick ?? seriously...

Well, Bergevin knows more than we do in that aspect. A late round pick is probably what he's worth at this point, which is more than nothing. You don't care, but I'm glad Bergevin does.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Well, Bergevin knows more than we do in that aspect. A late round pick is probably what he's worth at this point, which is more than nothing. You don't care, but I'm glad Bergevin does.

and what do you base that on ??? and why isnt he traded yet ??

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Lots of people here have given up on Hudon after a disappointing season, in which I don't think he was given a fair chance (especially during the Agostino-Chaput-Deslauriers nonsense). Would have loved a Hudon-Pleks-Peca fourth line last season.

I still believe in him, but I don't think he'll be a Hab for long.

Too bad because he had a great rookie season.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I may be wrong, and I have no idea why he wasn't traded yet. Unlike you, I don't think my opinion is the truth necessarily.
never occured to you no GM is willing to give a late round pick for him ???

the guy is 24 years old and he is not even considered the 13th forward on the team, a team that missed the PO by the way...

Last edited by a moderator:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
never occured to you no GM is willing to give a late round pick for him ???

the guy is 24 years old and he is not even considered the 13th forward on the team, a team that missed the PO by the way...

It's a possiblity. Maybe Bergevin did mean it when he said he wants to give Charles another shot. Ever thought about that possibility?

Montréal is a tough team to crack as a bottom 6 forward, there are many suitable players for those spots. A prime example for that is that the team could spare Shaw. Some teams who have the top-talent but lack offensive depth or don't have much capspace might take a crack at him. In no particular order: the Pens, the Stars, Florida, LA, Anaheim, Minnesota, Vegas, Edmonton, etc.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
For those trying to gauge or argue Hudon's value, look at a guy like Josh Leivo, similar situation and he returned an AHLer and was only dealt as a favor to him. As of today, barring him making the roster and looking good, I wouldn't expect anything more than a conditional pick for him (again looking at TOR, look at what the Leafs got for Carrick).

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
It's a possiblity. Maybe Bergevin did mean it when he said he wants to give Charles another shot. Ever thought about that possibility?

Montréal is a tough team to crack as a bottom 6 forward, there are many suitable players for those spots. A prime example for that is that the team could spare Shaw. Some teams who have the top-talent but lack offensive depth or don't have much capspace might take a crack at him. In no particular order: the Pens, the Stars, Florida, LA, Anaheim, Minnesota, Vegas, Edmonton, etc.
Sure, but it's Julien the guy who decides who play and who doesnt, and he doesnt look like a Hudon fan.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sure, but it's Julien the guy who decides who play and who doesnt, and he doesnt look like a Hudon fan.

If Julien didn’t like him last year, why would he want to play him now? Looks like he’s either AHL-bound or he’s part of another NHL team by the time next season rolls around.

Reactions: ECWHSWI

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
If Julien didn’t like him last year, why would he want to play him now? Looks like he’s either AHL-bound or he’s part of another NHL team by the time next season rolls around.

Nobody wants him otherwise would he not already be gone? I don't MB strategy at all hoarding all these marginal players. Nice to role 4 lines that can play both ends and contribute,aside from Thompson,but maybe he has new lease on life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad