Confirmed with Link: Charles Hudon signed (1 year, $800,000)

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
He had a decent rookie year and last year spent most of the time in the press box..

He was practicing with the team every single day and wasn't good enough to crack the lineup. If you are training every day in front of the NHL coaching staff I would say that's a pretty damn good opportunity for a player.

To say he hasn't been given a chance is ridiculous. He's not good enough, period.

Reactions: Archijerej

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
What do you care about Molson's money and how he spends it?

If he gets sent down it doesn't count against the cap......why would anyone give a ****???

I don't care about the money. As I said, I have grave concerns about a pro scouting department that thinks this guy has any chance whatsoever to help the NHL team.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Man MB really is the Suge Knight of the NHL. He's tryna roll around 50 deep everywhere he goes and wants to wear purple suits instead of red ones.

I see you Sug- I mean, Marc.

Reactions: HankyZetts

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He was practicing with the team every single day and wasn't good enough to crack the lineup. If you are training every day in front of the NHL coaching staff I would say that's a pretty damn good opportunity for a player.

To say he hasn't been given a chance is ridiculous. He's not good enough, period.
Disagree

Reactions: HankyZetts

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
We have added Barber and Varone and I believe that Evans and Hudon may be career AHLers as well. Sprinkle in Alzner and Ouellet and this team might be tough to beat.

yeah I more so meant to say 'predominantly' legit prospects. That might not be technically true either though. At the very least comprised of more legit talent than any farm team in at least the early 00s.

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
If he doesn’t impress enough at camp to beat some one out for a roster spot he will be put on waivers and picked up by some team lacking depth. Doubt he clear waivers. Similar to De La Rose

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
If I'm not mistaken, the AHL salary attached to that QO was under 100K. He was obviously looking for better financial security.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He had a decent rookie year and last year spent most of the time in the press box..

Showed some skill,but always being moved around and sat out,no rhythm or time to gel with anyone. Not sure who he is best suited to play worth though.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I don't care about the money. As I said, I have grave concerns about a pro scouting department that thinks this guy has any chance whatsoever to help the NHL team.

That is ridiculous.......grave concerns, really?

We signed Hudon to close to the minimum and will likely send him to Laval as an elite AHLer. It is a joke how every move that isn't bringing in McDavid or Hedman is an immediate trigger for people to bawl about Bergevin.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
That is ridiculous.......grave concerns, really?

We signed Hudon to close to the minimum and will likely send him to Laval as an elite AHLer. It is a joke how every move that isn't bringing in McDavid or Hedman is an immediate trigger for people to bawl about Bergevin.

You're barking up the wrong tree here. I've never been one of the Bergevin bashers on here, in fact, I find them tiresome and often ill-informed.

If he wants to add NHL depth to the roster, I'm fine with it. But this is a player that has proven well beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is not an NHL player because of a glaring deficiency and to sign that player to an NHL contract is pointless.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
You're barking up the wrong tree here. I've never been one of the Bergevin bashers on here, in fact, I find them tiresome and often ill-informed.

If he wants to add NHL depth to the roster, I'm fine with it. But this is a player that has proven well beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is not an NHL player because of a glaring deficiency and to sign that player to an NHL contract is pointless.

Fair enough, just feel this is a non issue with no possible negative repercussions. He is better than most of the players on Laval by a wide margin....I would question why Alain is there long before Hudon.

Reactions: montreal

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Yet another scrub signed.The problem with Bergevin is he is an arrogant person.Never admits to being wrong about a player or making a mistake .ALMOST every player he either trades for , acquires through free agency and especially drafts he resigns garbage or not.When oh when is Molson going to get rid of this guy.Makes one step ahead and 3 backwards.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
He probably was. But in his situation you can't ignore a one way contract. He would not get more money in Europe and there's absolutely no guarantee he would get at this point a one way offer from another NHL team. Maybe he got the guarantee he would be sent to Laval this time if he doesn't play and he's fine being paid 800 000 to play in laval while waiting for his UFA status to leave for Europe if he can't find a spot at the NHL level.

I would've jumped on that deal if I was Hudon, too. Wouldn't have gotten a better deal as a UFA.

I also didn't expect the Canadiens to offer him a 1W deal in the first place.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Dude gets no respect. Still could be a decent NHLer if given the chance.

24b64fd9f4474073651c7375b8b3058542f2f0b428778920d89288a709d825a8.jpg

He started giving away the puck last year something he avoided doing the previous year. He wasn't very good either year. Drouin like gaffs with no points coming back the other way.

Reactions: Canad13ns

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Don’t get it. Hudon doesn’t fit anywhere and it’s doubtful he’s even tradable. Why pay him $800k to play in the AHL unless they think they can trade him for a pick, which at that point, they’re basically buying a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad