Confirmed with Link: Charles Hudon signed (1 year, $800,000)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He'll come to camp super motivated, and will be given the chance to make the team. He'll have to work his ass off since this will be the last one-way NHL contract he'll get if he doesn't.

The time he should be working his ass off is now, during the offseason, on his skating.

I don't know what he was crying about at the post-season presser. He can't skate. Why does he think he deserves to play?

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Pretty unexpected but good for him. Doubt he beats anyone for a spot but it's a chance to get things back on track if he does well in Laval or maybe get a waiver claim. He's likeable I think. If he made the team and played well I'd be quite happy.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Heavily paid to play in Laval and give the fans a good show. Fine.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
To be honest, I thought he was filing for Arbitration in order to get to UFA status.

The only way an RFA becomes a UFA is if a team doesn't qualify them, which is what happened to Lernout, Audette, and Shinkaruk.

Filing for arbitration is only to decide what the next contract would be. The team then has the option to take it or not. If they don't take it, then the player becomes a UFA.

But filing for arbitration doesn't change your status as a free agent.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The time he should be working his ass off is now, during the offseason, on his skating.

I don't know what he was crying about at the post-season presser. He can't skate. Why does he think he deserves to play?
His offseason last year was very disappointing. He showed good flashes in his rookie season and I expected him to work harder to solidify his spot on the team and be a good top 9 guy. Instead it's like he went into camp feeling guaranteed of a spot. Considering the season he went through and lack of interest in him around the league, if he's not motivated this summer then I dont know what'll get him going.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
FUbTAmn.gif

Reactions: OldCraig71

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Filing for arbitration is only to decide what the next contract would be. The team then has the option to take it or not. If they don't take it, then the player becomes a UFA.

This is what I meant. I thought the Canadiens would refuse to take the deal the arbitrator would've set (presumably around 1 and 1.2M).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->