Champions League Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Liverpool will thrash Porto easily like last year, nothing to be concerned about if you support Liverpool.

Reactions: Cassano

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool will thrash Porto easily like last year, nothing to be concerned about if you support Liverpool.

I think Liverpool supporters just aren't used to this and have a hard time believing what's happening. Liverpool did win lots of trophies back in the past, but the level of individual brilliance is something they only had in the very distant past. Also a few of these players are even better than what they had in the past. Like van Dijk.

I'm not looking past Porto, but I would be absolutely lying if I said I wasn't excited about seeing this team playing at Camp Nou. The last time that happened, it went very well, but the situations have changed so much in the years since then.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I think Liverpool supporters just aren't used to this and have a hard time believing what's happening. Liverpool did win lots of trophies back in the past, but the level of individual brilliance is something they only had in the very distant past. Also a few of these players are even better than what they had in the past. Like van Dijk.

I'm not looking past Porto, but I would be absolutely lying if I said I wasn't excited about seeing this team playing at Camp Nou. The last time that happened, it went very well, but the situations have changed so much in the years since then.

While he's been great, it's hard to put him anywhere near e.g Alan Hansen, mainstay of 8 league titles and 3 CLs and all that...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

If you think Camp Nou would be great, the second leg of that tie would be at Anfield. If it's close it could be equivalent to that Chelsea game in 05

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Liverpool 2 Porto 1
Porto 1 Liverpool 1

Spurs 2 City 2
City 1 Spurs 1

United 1 Barcelona 1
Barcelona 2 United 2

Ajax 1 Juventus 0
Juventus 3 Ajax 1

Liverpool 2 United 1
United 1 Liverpool 0

Juventus 2 City 3
City 1 Juventus 2

City 2
United 2

PK’s......

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
If you think Camp Nou would be great, the second leg of that tie would be at Anfield. If it's close it could be equivalent to that Chelsea game in 05
The atmosphere was even better against Barcelona in the UEFA 1/2 in 2001.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don’t think your guys’ D is bad, but I think a fully healthy United could score a couple goals against you guys. But again our d will let in a good chunk so.

Could but it shouldn't;t be expected.

I’m not really underrating it but when you have Pogba, Rashford, Martial, and Lingard going on the counter, I’m expecting a few goals from them. I imagine the games going something like Barca having the ball for (at least) 100-120 minutes of the 180 minutes. Yes Barca is fantastic but that front 3 is fast as hell and Pogba is fantastic with through balls. Also if Barca are up 6-0 in the first leg and they let in a goal does it really matter? (Disregarding PSG-Barca)

See above

Score a couple goals=crapping on Barca’s defense lol.

No one said that... Same Barca against Lyon when Lyon was stated to maybe be able to score a couple of goals. In the end they scored 1 thanks to VAR that shouldn't have counted. Barca's last 8 games only 4 against and 2 of them were against Sevilla. So, like I said right now Barca's defence is a lot better than it's offence.

Only Barca positive comments here lol.

Again no one said that.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No one said that... Same Barca against Lyon when Lyon was stated to maybe be able to score a couple of goals. In the end they scored 1 thanks to VAR that shouldn't have counted. Barca's last 8 games only 4 against and 2 of them were against Sevilla. So, like I said right now Barca's defence is a lot better than it's offence.
That's not true.

Reactions: Gecklund

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Agreed with D2M. Barca defense gets overlooked b/c of Messi brilliance every game. They have arguably the best GK in football and Umtiti is top 3. Alba best LB in the world atm, Busquets, etc.

As long as they avoid giving Coutinho minutes, they'll probably make the final and win it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Agreed with D2M. Barca defense gets overlooked b/c of Messi brilliance every game. They have arguably the best GK in football and Umtiti is top 3. Alba best LB in the world atm, Busquets, etc.

As long as they avoid giving Coutinho minutes, they'll probably make the final and win it.
MaTS is definitely good but I got him 4th. And the top 3 are a step ahead of him. Also Umtiti isn’t even the best French CB let alone top 3 out of everyone.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That's not true.

Of course you don't think so, but it was most definitely a foul on Lenglet prior to the goal

The automatic defensiveness is interesting to say to say the least.

What defensiveness all I said is when will people stop underrating their defence? I got a series of posts claiming you can only post positive posts about barca or some nonsense.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Wow, completely disagree with both statements.
I mean you watch MAtS for 5 mins and it's quite clear he is the best. Too bad he doesn't play In the epl. The comment is just hilarious when you conside that ok DDG is better(he isn't) who's next Oblak ok... then who pickard? Lol

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
4th seems iffy. Especially saying the other 3 are a tier ahead.

I have him at third. De gea, oblak, then MaTS, but there’s no real separation there.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I mean you watch MAtS for 5 mins and it's quite clear he is the best. Too bad he doesn't play In the epl. The comment is just hilarious when you conside that ok DDG is better(he isn't) who's next Oblak ok... then who pickard? Lol
No issues with Alisson/DDG/Oblak/MaTS being put in convo, but those 4 are not significantly better than the other IMO.

If it was last year, DDG would have 1,2,3 positions Lol. But he has dipped a bit in form since.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Of course you don't think so, but it was most definitely a foul on Lenglet prior to the goal

What defensiveness all I said is when will people stop underrating their defence? I got a series of posts claiming you can only post positive posts about barca or some nonsense.

I said scoring 2 goals over two games was possible and then every Barca fan comes out saying “Stahp underrating our defense it’s incredible” blah blah blah. United scoring 1 goal a game against Barca isn’t underrating your guys defense :laugh:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Also MATS, Oblak, DDG are the easy top 3 currently. I’d still take DDG over all 3 but the difference between the 3 is minuscule.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
MaTS is definitely good but I got him 4th. And the top 3 are a step ahead of him. Also Umtiti isn’t even the best French CB let alone top 3 out of everyone.

Assuming Ter Stegen is indeed 4th, and I think that's a ridiculous statement, then:
  1. It would be based on ability and not performance.
  2. The difference between he and whoever you have ahead of him would be extremely slight and not some "step ahead of him" nonsense.
As for Umtiti, he's been injured this season. Based on last season I can see someone debating that, but it would be the same as what I said about Ter Stegen. Umtiti was fantastic last season and outplayed a lot of HFBoards' favorite CBs and for me he was in the top 3 CBs.

The automatic defensiveness is interesting to say to say the least.

And I was thinking the automatic clueless posts were interesting to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad