Champions League Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
I mean, he's going to get some stick. Definitely not as much as Sterling, but some. Probably not as much as Torres.

It helps that Liverpool are good. If they were bad, or even just treading water, it would be more. I think Liverpool supporters will be jacked up for that matchup period, Coutinho or no. They'll probably boo/shout at a number of players (minus Suarez).

I don't think they will be on him has much as Sterling or Torres either since in most eyes it was a less sensitive move being outside of England and all. But I was actually more thinking about the players on the pitch. I think it was Agger who didn't give Torres any room to breath in his first return to Anfield. As soon as the ball was near Torres, Agger made sure Torres was down on the ground

SlickHands

Apr 11, 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
Don’t think the underdogs have much of a chance but if I had to pick based off chances:

Spurs
Ajax
United
Porto

I think Porto has a better chance the Ajax or United. I don't see United winning or drawing either game against Barca, even if Barca has been inconsistent late in the CL season the last few years. And Juve destroyed Atleti in that return leg, and Atleti is a significantly better side than Ajax. I could have seen Atleti beating any of the remaining teams.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
As Utd showed against PSG things can happen, but I expect City to absolutely slaughter Spurs. Spurs are very poor at dealing with the high press which is very unfortunate against a fired up City.

But no team is brilliant every time they play so....

Will be interesting to see how Porto will play Liverpool. I haven't watched Porto much this season (not seen a single full game) - will they defend deeply? Can they quickly CA on Liverpool? For me that is the way to beat them. Keep the tempo and intensity down - and do not allow Liverpool to CA. I could see Juventus doing very well against Liverpool.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
When will people stop underrating Barca's defence?
I’m not really underrating it but when you have Pogba, Rashford, Martial, and Lingard going on the counter, I’m expecting a few goals from them. I imagine the games going something like Barca having the ball for (at least) 100-120 minutes of the 180 minutes. Yes Barca is fantastic but that front 3 is fast as hell and Pogba is fantastic with through balls. Also if Barca are up 6-0 in the first leg and they let in a goal does it really matter? (Disregarding PSG-Barca)

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I'm gonna go

City
Liverpool
Barca
Ajax

Maybe Juve feels like the GOAT after that comeback and cruises on, but I dont know. I just don't think this Juve team is that good. It feels like a really stupid thing to say about a team that's undefeated domestically, I know. Ronaldo is always there to take a game over, but their MF is awful. Allegri seems to go for the most boring option possible when a choice is needed. They just seem ripe for a major letdown.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ajax vs. City and Liverpool vs. Barca would make for some really fun semis.

I also think City will walk to the final this year. I don't think any of Ajax, Juventus or Spurs have anything for them.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
United = Schalke

haha nah, I'm looking forward to it. I'd say Porto is the only team that might get worked. They're not very good.

I mean I’m definitely not expecting us to win but like a 4/5-2 win for Barca seems realistic.

Of course! Don’t you know this is how these boards work?

Only Barca positive comments here lol.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Don't see any upsets happening , unfortunately.

Maybe Spurs.

Not trying to be a negative fan of my own team........but I really don't see it. The only team I think they had ZERO chance against they got.

They are playing ManCity 3 times in 8 days and if you tell me they win one of them, I'll pick the PL game.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Not trying to be a negative fan of my own team........but I really don't see it. The only team I think they had ZERO chance against they got.

They are playing ManCity 3 times in 8 days and if you tell me they win one of them, I'll pick the PL game.

Yeah, understandable. It's not really based on anything but a gut feeling. I certainly didn't think Roma had a chance in hell against Barca last season.

Until City wins it , part of me will always doubt them in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad