Champions League Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wanted Ajax because we had Porto last year, but can't really complain about how this went. I don't think (on paper) the draw could have gone better for Liverpool for QF and SF.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Barca and ManU will be swtiched so there aren't two Manchester games.

Semis are
Spurs/City vs Ajax/Juve
and
Barca/Utd vs Pool/Porto

Reactions: Evilo

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Said it in the other thread, bit disappointed none of the 4 favorites meet each other before the semis.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Think we'll get past United but seriously doubt we're knocking out Liverpool after that. Terrible matchup which I desperately wanted to avoid especially having to go to Anfield for the return leg.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I'm fine with it. Had hoped City would get a bit tougher matchup.

Can't look past Porto, and whether it's Barca or United in the Semis, it would be interesting.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not the easiest of draws but Ill take it and we get LFC after which should be fun. I wouldn't sleep on Ajax if I were Juve. City should make the final with it being either LFC/Barca. NICE

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Not good. +105. Basically even money.

They're all overwhelming favorites.

My guess is one out of those four will not go through. I have no idea which one, but these things always seem easier to predict before the games are played.

If we give all the favourites 90% probability of winning - it is only 65% probability of all of them making it. At 85 % it is more or less 50/50.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Not a bad draw. The game should be a good game, the retirement home vs the high school. I can see Ajax causing some problems. This is also the perfect opportunity to ask De Ligt which locker he wants, even Bonucci's is up for grabs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
My guess is one out of those four will not go through. I have no idea which one, but these things always seem easier to predict before the games are played.

If we give all the favourites 90% probability of winning - it is only 65% probability of all of them making it. At 85 % it is more or less 50/50.

Well yeah betting markets aren’t purely predictive. They’re set and adjusted to garner interest in betting.

If I had to take an underdog, I would probably go with Ajax. Although United is the least of the underdogs based on betting odds.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Don’t think the underdogs have much of a chance but if I had to pick based off chances:

Spurs
Ajax
United
Porto

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I guess for once I'll be rooting for Spurs.
Though I think City glides by, they've had the Spurs' number for a while now.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Can't be unhappy with the draw. Will also get to see how Militao does vs. Liverpool's front 3. Porto wasn't my first choice as I love big match-ups but you can never count out the plucky underdog...and it probably means a date with Barcelona if they don't choke again which will be a great tie (though I wouldn't consider Liverpool favourites there).

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
On a side note, I rather see Barca over two legs instead of a one off. Liverpool potentially getting United or Barca in the next (if they see off a pretty good Porto side) over two legs is a plus in my eyes.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
If a Liverpool vs Barcelona semi were to happen I would love to see Coutinho given the Torres treatment at Anfield by the boys

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, he's going to get some stick. Definitely not as much as Sterling, but some. Probably not as much as Torres.

It helps that Liverpool are good. If they were bad, or even just treading water, it would be more. I think Liverpool supporters will be jacked up for that matchup period, Coutinho or no. They'll probably boo/shout at a number of players (minus Suarez).

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I give Ajax a chance if the refereeing is not scandalous, while Liverpool should win rather easily but I wouldn't be surprised if Tottenham or ManUnited comes close to winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad