Champions League Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah, I’m only looking at stills from twitter. So I don’t have the best angle perhaps
The replay I saw it was clear. He was a solid foot offside.

I can completely understand why it was missed live though since it was off the deflection and it was an awkward play with the pass back from Erikson.

Perfect situation for VAR.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
We talk about the NHL offsides rule..... this feels like the equivalent of if Bailey/Barzal had been called offsides in Nassau

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I love the Tottenham matchup. They have four players Ajax also went on nice runs with, three of them were Ajax youth products. Will be fun.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Next year though that’s a handball and the goal is disallowed

Doubt it. There's gonna need to be a revisitation of the handball rule due to VAR changing the way it's called, but I'd be shocked if a goal like that was called off even considering that. His arm was literally on his body and I'm not certain it even hit it.

Reactions: Pouchkine

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Doubt it. There's gonna need to be a revisitation of the handball rule due to VAR changing the way it's called, but I'd be shocked if a goal like that was called off even considering that. His arm was literally on his body and I'm not certain it even hit it.
The rule is apparently changing so that any handball (defined by ball hitting hand/arm) that leads to a goal is no goal.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The rule is apparently changing so that any handball (defined by ball hitting hand/arm) that leads to a goal is no goal.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I hate VAR and still hate it, but how can anyone complain about the decisions?

Even if Llorente did touch the ball with his hand it is a) not an clear mistake and b) not necessarily a handball.

Most important is a). VAR specifically should only change clear mistakes. If the ref doesn’t give the goal live then it shouldn’t have been changed to a goal either.

Just got to say thank you Laporte. Wouldn’t have managed without you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->