Proposal: CGY Mega Rebuild thread: EDM/NYR/CHI/COL/VAN/TBL

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Honestly the proposal to NYR isnt as bad as fans are making it out to be, and it helps the roster right now. That being said, I think it's a season or 2 too early, based on where the NYR organization is at with the rebuild. I think if in a season or 2, there is still no defined 2nd line center, you very well could see some young guys/prospects purged to get one.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Don't like this at all.

Surely, if the Flames are giving up pieces like Gaudreau, Giordano, Lindholm, Monahan, and Backlund, they can get back at least higher end future asset, as opposed to a large amount of mediocre ones.

Also, does giving up a player like Lindholm, who is 25, and then offer sheeting a 23 year old Cirelli really get the Flames that far ahead? Cirelli is a great young player, but he may not even develop into a player on Lindholm's level.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Don't like this at all.

Surely, if the Flames are giving up pieces like Gaudreau, Giordano, Lindholm, Monahan, and Backlund, they can get back at least higher end future asset, as opposed to a large amount of mediocre ones.

Also, does giving up a player like Lindholm, who is 25, and then offer sheeting a 23 year old Cirelli really get the Flames that far ahead? Cirelli is a great young player, but he may not even develop into a player on Lindholm's level.

Because thats the dumb game that is this thread. Have to trade every player who is 25 or older and worth value.

Its also intentionally has room for improvement because the idea was that people could improve upon them and accept the shenanigan's of the idea. Instead we have a bunch of people complaining how it would never happen, making bad points and overall missing the entire point completely.

Like no matter what its probably going to be bad, but the point isn't to make it realistic on a site that never gets there 99% of the time anyways, but to have the most fun.

Also imo Cirelli is better than Lindholm today

Reactions: McJedi

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
If Hanafin and Lindholm are in play, for the NYR I would send back ADA, Strome, 22OA, Zac Jones, and Gauthier. Probably an overpay but it would have to be to make NYR better and CAL getting good reset and future pieces.

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
Well I mean you absolutely tear everything apart and then proceed to deal what is an almost guaranteed top 3 pick for Cirrelli. Is that not counterproductive?

But I get it, it's all for fun. It's just bad all around ;)

Ikr dude says its a rebuild but acquires no picks in the process and trades all the value players for lesser value players. Makes no sense usually youd want to rebuild through the draft but by my count this dude removes the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks lol. A bottom feeder team wont be drafting with their almost certainly top pick in a draft. Makes too much sense tbh.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
If Hanafin and Lindholm are in play, for the NYR I would send back ADA, Strome, 22OA, Zac Jones, and Gauthier. Probably an overpay but it would have to be to make NYR better and CAL getting good reset and future pieces.

I don't personally have any interest in those pieces outside of the 22 OA but that wouldn't be near enough. You may find some people who like ADA but I think he is downright a bad player.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Ikr dude says its a rebuild but acquires no picks in the process and trades all the value players for lesser value players. Makes no sense usually youd want to rebuild through the draft but by my count this dude removes the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks lol. A bottom feeder team wont be drafting with their almost certainly top pick in a draft. Makes too much sense tbh.

The Cirelli thing was 5000% dumb and just forced for fun but overall if you get a ton of young high end players and prospects at the ages that I have thats similar to picks.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
I don't personally have any interest in those pieces outside of the 22 OA but that wouldn't be near enough. You may find some people who like ADA but I think he is downright a bad player.
Respect you don’t like him or question his D zone capability but bad players don’t put up 50+ pts in an abbreviated season from a D spot

Reactions: Meeqs

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Respect you don’t like him or question his D zone capability but bad players don’t put up 50+ pts in an abbreviated season from a D spot

He had an exceptional offensive season for sure. There is a reason why he is talked about as much as he is, its not completely without merit. I just am about as sell low on that dude as possible and this he finds himself in a Ghost position moving forward, and I think this year might have actually hurt his value because its a small sample size but he is up for a new contract. Just a high risk high reward player.

I also totally get if people are high on the upside, I'm just not. Although its not like NYR isn't a team with a current embarrassment of riches. They have a lot of options

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Only one I kinda like is the COL one

A lot of these were forced and many of them tried to give slight benefits towards different teams so they aren't all one sided. You could probably find better alternatives for each one of these but to get this many trades at least in the ballpark was the idea for how obnoxious it is trade away half a team

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
imagine spending all that time thinking of 5 proposals that absolutely cripple a franchise and that not one fan base agrees on

It seems like you have wildly and complete missed the point. Also I could care less what "fan bases" think, you will find people who will believe anything. All that matters was the 1% of people who were able to actually read and understand what was going on and the 10% of people who are capable of making interesting and valid points.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
no for the Avs offer. holly cow, don't you wanna include a 1st and Girard while you are at it?!
all those pieces for someone that only once scored more than 55 points in his career? one would hope to land a considerably better player elsewhere for that price.
and even if we couldn't find, no problem. just keep the pieces for smaller deals elsewhere.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
no for the Avs offer. holly cow, don't you wanna include a 1st and Girard while you are at it?!
all those pieces for someone that only once scored more than 55 points in his career? one would hope to land a considerably better player elsewhere for that price.
and even if we couldn't find, no problem. just keep the pieces for smaller deals elsewhere.

The best part about that deal more so than all the others is that it is a litmus test for fans. The most useful thing is that any Avs fan who is against it automatically lets me know their opinion isn't worth listening too lol

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
The best part about that deal more so than all the others is that it is a litmus test for fans. The most useful thing is that any Avs fan who is against it automatically lets me know their opinion isn't worth listening too lol

oh my Gawd!!! so now you, the divine Lord Meeqs, the one that decides who is worth listening on this site or not, has put me on the undesirable list?
damn, how will I be able to sleep at night!?!?! :eek:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
oh my Gawd!!! so now you, the divine Lord Meeqs, the one that decides who is worth listening on this site or not, has put me on the undesirable list?
damn, how will I be able to sleep at night!?!?! :eek:

I mean I appreciate that you are willing to stay on brand. If you put up a well founded eloquent point I might have to take a step back but you were nice enough to confirm my hunch

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I mean I appreciate that you are willing to stay on brand. If you put up a well founded eloquent point I might have to take a step back but you were nice enough to confirm my hunch
The value isn’t the problem. It’s the concept. You didn’t fix the Avs. You improved an area of strength and made worse an area of weakness without addressing far more pressing roster issues for the Avs. If Lindholm were an elite PK player and defensive forward, this would make more sense but we don’t need Another solid middle six winger that can score. The Avs just averaged 4 goals per game in a series they lost. Fix the bigger problems.

sure you’ll find a way to be pompous about your opinions. Fire away.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You guys know the deal, CGY is AWFUL so we are going to completely blow it up. If you are a player of value 25 years or older you're OUTTA HERE. We gunna make a team of young kids, be bad for a few years and then run trail on the Pac. So without further adoooooo

(PS, this is a silly thread, so don't be a melvin saying it's unrealistic, like no duh. Make changes, offer alternatives, stick to the parameters)

Trade 1:
Edm: Bouchard, Lavoie
CGY: Gaudreau, EDM's 2020 3rd, Klyington

We getting McDavid some actual help boi's

Trade 2:
NYR: Chytil, Georgiev, Kravstov, Staal
CGY: Monahan

NYR gets their top 6 center in a cap neutral deal.

Trade 3:
Chi: Strome, Maatta, 2020 3rd
CGY: Giordano(50% retention), Backlund

Chi swaps to a top teir defensive 3c and gets a top pairing dmen to help Toews & Kane make one last push. Maatta is a cap dump

Trade 4:
COL: Timmins, Compher, Jost, Ranta
CGY: Lindholm

COL gets a top 6 winger with term.

Trade 5:
VAN: 2021 1st & 2nd, 2020 3rd, Roussel , Eriksson
CGY: 2020 7th

Van's cap problems magically go away, allowing them to resign anyone they need. Could swap Roussel with Baertschi or Beagle if wanted

Offer sheet:
TBL: Cirelli (6.9AAVx6 [nice])
CGY: 2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Final Roster:

Tkachuk/Cirelli/Dube
Bennett/Strome/Kravstov
Chytil/Compher/Roussel
Lucic/Ryan/Jost
Eriksson/Lavioe

Hanafin/Andersson
Valimaki/Timmins
Maatta/Bouchard
Staal

Giorgiev(4x4)
Rittich

This team is bad enough to get a few top picks, has young upside to grow quickly and has a ton of snarl to stay entertaining.

Enjoy

No to NY.
Do not want to move our bluest chip elcs Krav, Nils L. K'A Miller etc
Also while Monahan is a quality add, I don't want to add salary and another protection requirement during exp dr.

Krav is tearing it up, and he can be used as a C.

On top of that Chytil is an emerging 2C, possible 1C upside.

Mon is a good fit for someone but not us.

Reactions: Meeqs

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
The value isn’t the problem. It’s the concept. You didn’t fix the Avs. You improved an area of strength and made worse an area of weakness without addressing far more pressing roster issues for the Avs. If Lindholm were an elite PK player and defensive forward, this would make more sense but we don’t need Another solid middle six winger that can score. The Avs just averaged 4 goals per game in a series they lost. Fix the bigger problems.

sure you’ll find a way to be pompous about your opinions. Fire away.

2nd line winger, especially an all around play driver is definitely a hole for Colorado. Let alone a top line winger on an excellent contract. Its an undeniable need and a good fit. There is also nothing the Avs give up that they don't have an excess of.

Yes the Avs are a good team, there is nothing to fix other than your terrible analysis.

I respond to the comments posters make appropriately, so if you feel like I am being pompous then you likely have some truly atrocious takes. For example if you try and prove a point about a team based on a small sample size of games with record breaking injury numbers and in this case it doesn't start and end with extreme goaltending results then you're opinions are instantly irrelevant.

And again, if I respond to you it means that I have respect for you, even if we disagree or you say dumb things. If you are worried about me not doing so you wont have to worry about it because I mute and block people who consistently show they aren't worth it.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
No to NY.
Do not want to move our bluest chip elcs Krav, Nils L. K'A Miller etc
Also while Monahan is a quality add, I don't want to add salary and another protection requirement during exp dr.

Krav is tearing it up, and he can be used as a C.

On top of that Chytil is an emerging 2C, possible 1C upside.

Mon is a good fit for someone but not us.

You know in the absurd dumbness of the idea I actually didn't consider the ED for any of these teams. That could be a valid point. Given the nature of this post lets assume that Seattle was engulfed by an actual kraken and the ED isn't happening any more because its hard enough to jettison and entire teams worth of players into the atmosphere like this as it is lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad