Proposal: CGY Mega Rebuild thread: EDM/NYR/CHI/COL/VAN/TBL

teemussalami

Mar 10, 2016
I'd bet this thread stays open a lot shorter than your last one.

1/10 would not recommend anyone waste their time reading this.

Reactions: Meeqs

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
No Tyler Myers and the 5000 bad UFA contracts is how you self-destruct a promising team. I think you severely underestimate how bad of a spot Van is in

Not really. They get nearly 20 million off the books when they need to pay Pettersson and Hughes. The following year they shed 12. It’ll be tight, but they’re sure as hell not dealing three picks just to get rid of two contracts. If they absolutely need to move one, they’ll either package someone like Demko or put Ferland on LTIR.

Oh, and the idea that Tyler Myers is a negative is stale. He makes mistakes yes, but he was a pretty important piece in VAN’s top 4. When he was hurt, VAN’s ability to breakout greatly suffered

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Not really. They get nearly 20 million off the books when they need to pay Pettersson and Hughes. The following year they shed 12. It’ll be tight, but they’re sure as hell not dealing three picks just to get rid of two contracts. If they absolutely need to move one, they’ll either package someone like Demko or put Ferland on LTIR.

Oh, and the idea that Tyler Myers is a negative is stale. He makes mistakes yes, but he was a pretty important piece in VAN’s top 4. When he was hurt, VAN’s ability to breakout greatly suffered

They aren't good enough now, not really close, and your plan involves them not getting better for the next multiple years.

They have 1 good dman lol.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I'd bet this thread stays open a lot shorter than your last one.

1/10 would not recommend anyone waste their time reading this.

You seem like fun.

Also I think they were completely wrong to take down the last one given all the other hot garbage they leave up and nothing in my post was against the rules in the slightest.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
EEEEWWW Stop it!

Thanks for making me feel nauseous as a Flames fan. Absolutely hate them all, so congrats on that!

Reactions: Meeqs

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
EEEEWWW Stop it!

Thanks for making me feel nauseous as a Flames fan. Absolutely hate them all, so congrats on that!

I mean would any fan be open to completely blowing up an entire team lol.

Also it makes me less nauseous then them continuing to run back mediocre teams like they have done for the past 15 years

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Obviously!

In a vacuum, I think the value is certainly there for a player like Monahan. But the real deal breaker for us is moving Chytil.

I’m not saying anything about the OPs proposal bring good or not...

But any trade for acquiring Monahan a center has to be coming back who is in the 23 and under range who has 3+ yrs of team control.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Offense wasn’t the problem for the Avs...

They need another top 6 wing, he is cost controlled on a great deal and is only 25. He would fit perfectly on that 2nd line. I think you would be crazy to turn that deal down.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Why, if you have Zibby and BSM you don't need him
Zbad is probably looking at 9-10M in 2 more years if he replicates what he’s done the last few seasons.

Monahan has 3 years left on his contract. We likely won’t be able to Re-Sign him when his contract is up. The Rangers need players like Chytil who can hopefully produce at a bargain with the way their roster is being constructed.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
You guys know the deal, CGY is AWFUL so we are going to completely blow it up. If you are a player of value 25 years or older you're OUTTA HERE. We gunna make a team of young kids, be bad for a few years and then run trail on the Pac. So without further adoooooo

(PS, this is a silly thread, so don't be a melvin saying it's unrealistic, like no duh. Make changes, offer alternatives, stick to the parameters)

Trade 1:
Edm: Bouchard, Lavoie
CGY: Gaudreau, EDM's 2020 3rd, Klyington

We getting McDavid some actual help boi's

Trade 2:
NYR: Chytil, Georgiev, Kravstov, Staal
CGY: Monahan

NYR gets their top 6 center in a cap neutral deal.

Trade 3:
Chi: Strome, Maatta, 2020 3rd
CGY: Giordano(50% retention), Backlund

Chi swaps to a top teir defensive 3c and gets a top pairing dmen to help Toews & Kane make one last push. Maatta is a cap dump

Trade 4:
COL: Timmins, Compher, Jost, Ranta
CGY: Lindholm

COL gets a top 6 winger with term.

Trade 5:
VAN: 2021 1st & 2nd, 2020 3rd, Roussel , Eriksson
CGY: 2020 7th

Van's cap problems magically go away, allowing them to resign anyone they need. Could swap Roussel with Baertschi or Beagle if wanted

Offer sheet:
TBL: Cirelli (6.9AAVx6 [nice])
CGY: 2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Final Roster:

Tkachuk/Cirelli/Dube
Bennett/Strome/Kravstov
Chytil/Compher/Roussel
Lucic/Ryan/Jost
Eriksson/Lavioe

Hanafin/Andersson
Valimaki/Timmins
Maatta/Bouchard
Staal

Giorgiev(4x4)
Rittich

This team is bad enough to get a few top picks, has young upside to grow quickly and has a ton of snarl to stay entertaining.

Enjoy

Re: Trade between EDM -CGY

So Calgary gets Edmonton's best RHD prospect and a B level forward prospect and for Gaudreau and takes no salary back. How this works with the cap and RFAs in Bear, AA and Benning, along with signing a 3C... dude seriously. If six million comes into the Oilers line up six million has to go out.

I also think the Vancouver trade is terrible for the Canucks.

Total Calgary fanboi trade proposal.

Reactions: spaghtti

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I mean would any fan be open to completely blowing up an entire team lol.

Also it makes me less nauseous then them continuing to run back mediocre teams like they have done for the past 15 years

Well I mean you absolutely tear everything apart and then proceed to deal what is an almost guaranteed top 3 pick for Cirrelli. Is that not counterproductive?

But I get it, it's all for fun. It's just bad all around ;)

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Man people from NYR really dont like BSM

Who would have thought 3 pieces they dont need and a cap dump for their biggest need would be so rejected

It's as simple as that. Staal has one more year left.

And I don't know where you get the idea that Kravtsov, Chytil and Georgiev "aren't needed".

• Chytil is 21 and his overall game improved last year. And he still has tons of room to improve. Dealing him creates another hole in the NYR lineup.
  • Staal, while a cap dump, is a UFA at the end of the next season. He's also a LHD, an area where the Rangers are thin
  • Kravtsov is a need as he's a RW, also an area of need as, presumably the Rangers top three wingers (Kreider, Panarin, Lafraniere) are all LW.
  • Georgiev might be expendable, but they don't know what they will do with Lundqvist.
It's just too much youth going for Monahan (and like him).

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Zbad is probably looking at 9-10M in 2 more years if he replicates what he’s done the last few seasons.

Monahan has 3 years left on his contract. We likely won’t be able to Re-Sign him when his contract is up. The Rangers need players like Chytil who can hopefully produce at a bargain with the way their roster is being constructed.

I think you are way overthinking it. If Chytil is a valid replacement he will cost the same as BSM and so much happens in 2-3 years. Like you make room for those guys, not shy away from em.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Well I mean you absolutely tear everything apart and then proceed to deal what is an almost guaranteed top 3 pick for Cirrelli. Is that not counterproductive?

But I get it, it's all for fun. It's just bad all around ;)

As long that you agree it was fun lol

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I’m not saying anything about the OPs proposal bring good or not...

But any trade for acquiring Monahan a center has to be coming back who is in the 23 and under range who has 3+ yrs of team control.

I don’t disagree at all.

But the team making that trade should be a legit contender, which the Rangers are currently not.

Even with Monahan, they aren’t. And they wont be until their young core starts reaching their potential, as well as fix the left side of their defense. Both of which will take a few years.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
It's as simple as that. Staal has one more year left.

And I don't know where you get the idea that Kravtsov, Chytil and Georgiev "aren't needed".

• Chytil is 21 and his overall game improved last year. And he still has tons of room to improve. Dealing him creates another hole in the NYR lineup.
  • Staal, while a cap dump, is a UFA at the end of the next season. He's also a LHD, an area where the Rangers are thin
  • Kravtsov is a need as he's a RW, also an area of need as, presumably the Rangers top three wingers (Kreider, Panarin, Lafraniere) are all LW.
  • Georgiev might be expendable, but they don't know what they will do with Lundqvist.
It's just too much youth going for Monahan (and like him).

The hole is filled by BSM, so the 1st one is irrelevant.

No matter what holes NYR has Staal wont fill it, pretending like losing him is an issue is laughable

NYR has their top 4 wings without Kratsov already so he is also not needed and one of those LW will swap sides. Unless you think you can move Kreider.

A back up goalie isn't a reason not to get a top 6 center. There are a bajillion of them

I have never seen so many fans reject such an obvious trade.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You guys know the deal, CGY is AWFUL so we are going to completely blow it up. If you are a player of value 25 years or older you're OUTTA HERE. We gunna make a team of young kids, be bad for a few years and then run trail on the Pac. So without further adoooooo

(PS, this is a silly thread, so don't be a melvin saying it's unrealistic, like no duh. Make changes, offer alternatives, stick to the parameters)

Trade 1:
Edm: Bouchard, Lavoie
CGY: Gaudreau, EDM's 2020 3rd, Klyington

We getting McDavid some actual help boi's

Trade 2:
NYR: Chytil, Georgiev, Kravstov, Staal
CGY: Monahan

NYR gets their top 6 center in a cap neutral deal.

Trade 3:
Chi: Strome, Maatta, 2020 3rd
CGY: Giordano(50% retention), Backlund

Chi swaps to a top teir defensive 3c and gets a top pairing dmen to help Toews & Kane make one last push. Maatta is a cap dump

Trade 4:
COL: Timmins, Compher, Jost, Ranta
CGY: Lindholm

COL gets a top 6 winger with term.

Trade 5:
VAN: 2021 1st & 2nd, 2020 3rd, Roussel , Eriksson
CGY: 2020 7th

Van's cap problems magically go away, allowing them to resign anyone they need. Could swap Roussel with Baertschi or Beagle if wanted

Offer sheet:
TBL: Cirelli (6.9AAVx6 [nice])
CGY: 2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Final Roster:

Tkachuk/Cirelli/Dube
Bennett/Strome/Kravstov
Chytil/Compher/Roussel
Lucic/Ryan/Jost
Eriksson/Lavioe

Hanafin/Andersson
Valimaki/Timmins
Maatta/Bouchard
Staal

Giorgiev(4x4)
Rittich

This team is bad enough to get a few top picks, has young upside to grow quickly and has a ton of snarl to stay entertaining.

Enjoy

If you trade all those pieces before offersheeting Cirelli I'd let him go. Calgary will be a bottom 10 team with those moves.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad