Post-Game Talk: Celebration Rock: Canucks 7, Predators 4 - Hail King Ebbetterle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Basically simple stuff we haven't been doing for YEARS.

Just wanted to add, there's a lot of simple things we're making way too complicated. It's almost like the whole team is afraid to set up a play off the rush, with the Sedin line being the worst offenders. Big part of why I'm liking Booth's rushes to the net so much right now.

once upon a time, i thought robert kron and garry valk were going to develop into the 3rd line beasts that hansen has become. i was so pissed when quinn let valk go. kron not so much, being that we got craven back and he'd been on pace for something like 100 points at some point that season.

and i absolutely love the guy and shouldn't be greedy, but boy oh boy would i love to see hansen turn into a 30 goal man from the second line like gelinas did.

:laugh: If only he'd kept on going...away from SNET.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
At this point how is this even an insult? It's more like a cry for help.

No doubt. I take it more as a compliant towards the Sedins because when someone resorts to that kind of terrible insult, you know the Sedins did good that game/season/whatever.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Tanev has a painting of himself hidden in an attic somewhere that is slowly growing older, and has any number of stitches, broken bones, contusions etc...marking its appearance. As long as this painting remains safe and unseen, Tanev will never sustain an injury.

I really worry about his play when he hits 30. Could be a broken hull by then :(

AV to defense: Show them what you are made of. Go out there and get hit.

Last edited:

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Pretty dirty goal at the end of the game there. I hope the canucks pull their s*it together cause I want to see a cup in Canada soon and they're our best hope right now

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
+ Hamhuis & Garrison - Love that the coaching staff is keeping these two together. I think their skills compliment each other very well. Both are steady and reliable in the defensive zone. Together I think these two can provide that dominant shutdown defensive pairing we need. I didn't think they played great tonight, but I'm excited to see what they can do going forward. Datysuk and Zetterberg will be a really good test for them on Saturday.

+ Hansen - Just a monster effort from him again tonight, he's been one of our best forwards over the last dozen games or so. If we can add another top six winger at the deadline, I think Hansen should still remain on the second line (with Kesler and the new guy). Out of all the 2nd/3rd line "tweeners" we have on the Canucks, I think Hansen is the best suited for a top six forward role going forward.

+ Pinizzotto - Love what he brought tonight on the 4th line. He lead the team in hits with 4 and seemed to play an effective two way game. I could definitely see him crushing opposing D-men in the playoffs; he has the speed and aggression to do some serious damage on the forecheck. I think he has easily moved ahead of Sestito on the depth chart.

- Bieksa - No need to really go into detail here. Everyone knows he was absolutely brutal tonight.

- Sitting on the lead - The Canucks really need to stop this crap. They have one of the worst winning percentages in the league this season when leading after the 1st and 2nd period. AV needs to realize that his "grind it out" strategy isn't working. I mean, Nashville almost rallied from a three goal deficit on us tonight. If the Preds can do this, offensive teams like the Hawks and Ducks will pick the Canucks apart in the playoffs. I know it's easier said than done (and will never happen), but AV needs to make sure the guys stay aggressive when we have the lead.

enuck

Relax and enjoy
Jan 20, 2007
Under a palapa
I was surprised to see AV actually put Kassian back on with 1:30 minutes left though. Maybe he's changing the way he develops kids even though the game pretty much didn't matter but if he was AV of old I guarantee Kass starts on the 4th next game.

It's clear to me that Kassian is a project; at least 2 years away from being close to solid, so I don't expect him to be getting anywhere near what some posters think he deserves. Go back in the archives from when Kesler was new, he wasn't an over night sensation either - same kind of player - brought along, bounced around, benched sometimes, and slowly at developed his potential in the system.

AV knows exactly what he's doing when it come to developing young players with potential. It was and continues to be one of AV's greatest strengths as a coach.

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
I'd say it is. When they first broke into the league, fans meant this as in insult because the Sedins were soft. I don't think a lot of men would take kindly to being called effeminate.

It is definitely sexism. People who use this as an insult are implying that the Sedins are less than men by calling them women. Taking that logic to its conclusion is that women are less than men. Definitely sexism.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think Booth and Kassian could of been better. Recently they have been really good imo and this game was not one of their better ones. Defensively they didnt look good and they got a little too cute

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
people only remember when you aim criticism at their crush.

Or you can read....and see the same complaining from the same people regarding the same player if you spend a bit of time on here.

I was recently called ballards agent on here because i kept saying he should be playing over alberts, dont think anyone has a crush on alberts, i hope not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad