Post-Game Talk: Celebration Rock: Canucks 7, Predators 4 - Hail King Ebbetterle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outside99*

I have comments on a few players:

Lapierre - good, scored and assist with a little luck..
Higgins - poor of course playing center with Booth and Kassian so...
Raymond - good
Booth - I thought he played poorly, guy has been in the league for 7 years.:(
Kassian - much better effort but some poor decisions. Still a lot to learn.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Lets not kid ourselves if it was schneider in net giving up 4 even in a win, hammer, theripper, hal9000, and tirannis, yourself, y2k ect...would be pointing out each save schneider should have had during the game.

Both goalies are scapegoat in this fanbase. And i would play lou saturday as well.

Ah, yes. Do you keep a list of everyone that has ever dared to criticize Schneider? :facepalm:

John Bender*

I have comments on a few players:

Lapierre - good, scored and assist with a little luck..
Higgins - poor of course playing center with Booth and Kassian so...
Raymond - good
Booth - I thought he played poorly, guy has been in the league for 7 years.:(
Kassian - much better effort but some poor decisions. Still a lot to learn.

Lapierre I agree - maybe his best game of the year. Higgins, I found was ok. Kassian, I agree - but at least the effort was there.

I though the defense as a group was horrible in their own end. Down low coverage from the Canucks is really alarming. Luongo was off tonight too.

If Pekker was on his game, the Preds would have put this one away judging on how the team played in the third.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Ah, yes. Do you keep a list of everyone that has ever dared to criticize Schneider? :facepalm:

I just notice you after every goal while watching games on here you constantly critique each save he should of made, one was absurd first goal he let in against the sharks last time the puck went off schroeder and you claimed he was to deep in his net even though clowe was standing right beside the net for a rebound, when the same people constantly do it, its easy to catch on...

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I just notice you after every goal while watching games on here you constantly critique each save he should of made, when the same people constantly do it, its easy to catch on.

I also criticize Luongo. Schneider just happens to be the guy that has played worse this season so he's going to get more criticism. I'm glad there's someone to defend him though.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I also criticize Luongo. Schneider just happens to be the guy that has played worse this season so he's going to get more criticism. I'm glad there's someone to defend him though.

I agree lou has been a bit better but I honestly have never heard you critique lou once this season after any goal, regardless i never mentioned lou you did, I simply mentioned you pointing the finger at schneider after almost any goal gets by him or after any loss, its easy to notice eventually when it happens almost every game. I guess I am defending him pointing out the people I felt tend to over use him as a scapegoat when my original post was in response to a person who claimed lou is always the scapegoat on here for every goal. I was simply stating that people also love to use schneider as one not just roberto. Just trying to even it out, if that is defending him then so be it. Both goalies are used to much as a scapegoat on here when the team is playing bad by certain posters imo, that's all I was saying.

Its pretty easy to see the posters who also pin everything unfairly on lou as well... he gets his fair share of it. Ironically you yourself were just defending lou to one of those posters while bringing up schneider a few posts ago on this very subject, glad you were here to defend him.

And if I am defending cory to much i am not doing a good job of it, in the cbj post game discussion arguing he is an aging high cap hit unproven number 1 starter at the moment and will need to prove he can handle a full season first before he is considered a top goalie.

Last edited:

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Tanev has a painting of himself hidden in an attic somewhere that is slowly growing older, and has any number of stitches, broken bones, contusions etc...marking its appearance. As long as this painting remains safe and unseen, Tanev will never sustain an injury.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Tanev has a painting of himself hidden in an attic somewhere that is slowly growing older, and has any number of stitches, broken bones, contusions etc...marking its appearance. As long as this painting remains safe and unseen, Tanev will never sustain an injury.

I really hope Tanev is okay, he takes a lot of punishment out there.

Outside99*

Lapierre I agree - maybe his best game of the year. Higgins, I found was ok. Kassian, I agree - but at least the effort was there.

I though the defense as a group was horrible in their own end. Down low coverage from the Canucks is really alarming. Luongo was off tonight too.

If Pekker was on his game, the Preds would have put this one away judging on how the team played in the third.

Yeah the D wasn't good tonight down low, pairings all over the map too.

Outside99*

I don't know how you can't like both goalies...they're not perfect but both good guys.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
*climbs down off roof*

W00000000000000t!!!!!!

Well, nice to finally put a touchdown on the scoreboard again. Still plenty to be worried about going forward, but our valiant boys in blue and green came out on the winning end of this one.

--Sedin line: diddly-squat aside from some zone time and Hank's PS. Thing of beauty, that was. I'll savour that until the next time AV puts him in the SO and he trips over the faceoff circle.

--Raymond/Ebbett/Hansen: obviously the best line we had tonight. Dear holy ****ing ****, Ebbett had a great game. The bad news is this effectively kills Schroeder's career in Canuck colours, but oh well, our moron coach was determined not to use him for anything he's naturally good at anyway. Honey Badger was straight beastin' tonight. Awesome goal by MayRay...man, I hope that guy keeps showing up.

--Booth/Higgins/Kassian: Well...uh...uneven, to say the least. Looked dominant sometimes, but Kassian made his epic brain fart and was benched thereafter. Good things are still happening, though. This line should stick; for the love of GOD, give Booth and Kassian a competent centre, AV! No, Lappy doesn't count. Hopefully Booth gets over the yips he's had since coming back and converts some of the great chances he's been creating. Loving that line's drive to the net.

--Pinizzotto/Lappy/Wiese: best game from the latter two player for a long, long time. Great goal by Lappy, good fight and hustle from Pinner and Wiese...but not really seeing the massive difference between Pinizzotto and Volpatti yet. Still bottled up in their own zone a few times, and (duh) made some mistakes.

--Edler/Tanev: Yet another game I was terrified when Tanev limped off the ice. Edler's still looking like he just had electroshock therapy; one minute beasting, the next trying to remember where he is.

--Bieksa/Alberts: gong show extraordinaire. Some good offensive moments, but Bieksa was directly at fault for 2, arguably 3 GA.

--Hamhuis/Garrison: VERY uneven game from Hammy. Saw him back up and back up and back up almost right through the boards into the stands on some rushes tonight. Not a pairing that's lighting my fire tbh.

--Lu: hey, you got the win at home, big guy.

7-4. Still tops in the tough, tough, soon-to-not-exist NW division!

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I'm still baffled that Raymond-Ebbett-Hansen had 8pts combined.

What.

Ebbett is clearly the straw that stirs the drink on this Canucks team. He needs to play more quality minutes. Him and Alberts. And Barker. More Barker. And Murray Baron, if we can get him out of retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad