Post-Game Talk: Celebration Rock: Canucks 7, Predators 4 - Hail King Ebbetterle

Status
Not open for further replies.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Wtf Henrik...where were those moves in the shootout??

Where were those moves in the Boston series?

We also saw Hank dangling like a boss in the most recent Kings game. If the Sedins don't dangle like this in the playoffs I will be very frustrated. :laugh:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
It is definitely sexism. People who use this as an insult are implying that the Sedins are less than men by calling them women. Taking that logic to its conclusion is that women are less than men. Definitely sexism.

I guess the NHL is getting dominated by two twin girls then. How do opposing teams fans feel now? :naughty:

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
It's clear to me that Kassian is a project; at least 2 years away from being close to solid, so I don't expect him to be getting anywhere near what some posters think he deserves. Go back in the archives from when Kesler was new, he wasn't an over night sensation either - same kind of player - brought along, bounced around, benched sometimes, and slowly at developed his potential in the system.

AV knows exactly what he's doing when it come to developing young players with potential. It was and continues to be one of AV's greatest strengths as a coach.

He's good at developing players who don't play a physical game. He's been terrible at developing a PWF sort to speak.

Bernier - Hands of stone and never taught him to really use his body like he did last year.
Pyatt - Another big body that didn't know how to play the body.
Oreo - 4th line guy that didn't know how to play the body.

Kassian has been playing the body on instinct moreso AV grooming him. I've said this all along and the past 5 games shows it, Kassian needs to play with decent players not Lappy and not Weise I could see him playing with Pinner at one point to see if that line can crash and bang. I recall one time last year when he just fed off the energy of everyone else just banging and he banged harder than anyone that one shift. I believe it was with Lappy .

Regardless, AV needs to learn to let the leash go and let the kids figure it out. Send the message for sitting him for a couple shifts but don't sit them for the game cause of one tiny mistake.

All the great coaches know that they're young and they'll make mistakes. It's how they rebound from it that should show a coach what they have. Don't let them sit there and dwell on their mistakes. It crushes confidence in young players.

I have always said that I compare the Lucic development curve for Kassian in terms of point production, so far he's a bit behind but that's fine.

Last edited:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Phew thank goodness for that shin pad or that would have been it.

I wouldn' doubt if he's still feeling the affects of it though. I took a quick glimpse of the picture of Tanev's shinpad on twitter and it looked like it cracked just above the knee part of the shinpad. A bit higher, and it hits him where there is no padding, and he's likely out for a while.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
What a warrior I swear hes had to head to the dressing room 3 times in the past few games and each time he comes right back. He is made of silly putty i am convinced.

He is probably playing with a million injuries but no one can tell the difference because he is so damn calm. :laugh:

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
- Sitting on the lead - The Canucks really need to stop this crap. They have one of the worst winning percentages in the league this season when leading after the 1st and 2nd period. AV needs to realize that his "grind it out" strategy isn't working. I mean, Nashville almost rallied from a three goal deficit on us tonight. If the Preds can do this, offensive teams like the Hawks and Ducks will pick the Canucks apart in the playoffs. I know it's easier said than done (and will never happen), but AV needs to make sure the guys stay aggressive when we have the lead.

So much this.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
AV knows exactly what he's doing when it come to developing young players with potential. It was and continues to be one of AV's greatest strengths as a coach.

I wish I could believe that. I really do. Then I see Schroeder sent back to the farm and Hodgson in Buffalo with 1 less point than Danny Sedin right now and I think that...yeah, maybe not.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
- Sitting on the lead - The Canucks really need to stop this crap. They have one of the worst winning percentages in the league this season when leading after the 1st and 2nd period. AV needs to realize that his "grind it out" strategy isn't working. I mean, Nashville almost rallied from a three goal deficit on us tonight. If the Preds can do this, offensive teams like the Hawks and Ducks will pick the Canucks apart in the playoffs. I know it's easier said than done (and will never happen), but AV needs to make sure the guys stay aggressive when we have the lead.

Agreed. Two-goal leads seemingly are not safe this year (for us), and against better teams that might extend to a 3 goal lead.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
The Kassian Train; said:
Kassian needs to play with decent players not Lappy and not Weise I could see him playing with Pinner at one point to see if that line can crash and bang.

Does this sentence make sense to anyone? :laugh:

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Edler finally manages to string a couple of good games together and AV goes and saddles him with braindead Bieksa? I get that you want Bieksa to get his game back but I'd make Edler and his confidence a higher priority considering that he's your #1 dman.

Ferraro kept talking about how Canucks would be easing casual Kev back into the lineup but it seems that Bowness was just too giddy to get him back in there blowing coverage left right and centre.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Edler finally manages to string a couple of good games together and AV goes and saddles him with braindead Bieksa? I get that you want Bieksa to get his game back but I'd make Edler and his confidence a higher priority considering that he's your #1 dman.

Ferraro kept talking about how Canucks would be easing casual Kev back into the lineup but it seems that Bowness was just too giddy to get him back in there blowing coverage left right and centre.

This had me lol'ing during the game...until it started costing us goals.

It's absurd that Bieksa can slide right on up the lineup despite being ****ing awful...meanwhile in Ballard-land...

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I hope Booth can start scoring against a goalie since he has a goal (EN) hopefully he can gain from this.........Kassasin too hope he can score again......put him with daniel and henrik no?

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Terribly sloppy effort all the way around. Canucks got some very strong individual efforts but overall still didn't show enough team cohesion to play anything like shut down hockey. Gave up huge chances all game. One game the refs were on our side.

The Good

Hansen - our best player right now. Getting to be more and more a break-out season.

Raymond - together with Hansen provided a quick strike attack. Both ways was strong.

Ebbett - came in and worked his can off. At times struggling with the defense but doing enough to keep his check mostly out of the play. Showed smart puck movement tonight. I don't believe he has the game to provide any sort of sustained play like this, but he helped in this game. Still don't like him on the PK.

Tanev - he is simply our best defensive defenseman. Also +3 on the night.

LaPierre - had good two way game. Played smart and was effective on PK and on the forecheck. Seemed to be moving better in this game.

The Bad

Kassain - continues to make moronic plays. Those drop passes have got to go. AV did absolutely the right thing in sitting him down. So many rough edges to his play. His skating (especially his turns) are awkward and not tight enough. His awareness is lacking and you have to worry about the tool box. Have said they have to be patient here and the Canucks do. However, they also need to identify those problem ares for Kassian and start correcting them.

Hamhuis - he is having a lot problems in and around his net. Not reacting quick enough to knock pucks off sticks or make sure his man is taken out. Skating is not up to usual standard. His area of coverage hasn't been that good this season.

The Ugly

Bieksa - obviously this player is not at full speed but can't play like this and keep a spot in the line-up. If he is too hurt to play, keep him out. However, you have to realize also that he has been something of a good luck charm.

Other points

Some people like Edler did enough right to cancel out some of their poorer play. Alberts might also fall into that category

Sedins did not have good games and is probable that Henrik is still hurting from the hit he took in Minnesota. Lots of poor turnovers and, outside of the face off win to Edler and the penalty shot, did not produce much and were weak in their end. I have said in the past that it is not really understandable why the Sedins are not good at shoot outs because they are such great stick handlers. Maybe they and the team are finally taking shoot out/penalty shots more seriously and actually practicing for them. Given their skill there should be little reason why they aren't better.

Pinizzotto looked decent and the 4th line played better than in many games this year. Even Weise stepped it up in this game. Pinnizzoto seems to have more skill than Sistito

Nice to see Booth score. Think he is putting in an effort every game and it's difficult when he really hasn't played with a legitimate NHL center all year.

Think they should ride Luongo until he loses - although he got lit up pretty bad by Detroit last time out.

Funny how Rinne has such trouble in Vancouver. His goal tending in this game was a major factor in the win.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
would anyone want to see Booth with sedin to see if there is any chemistry? I mean he have not play with any solid center........we expect him and Kesler to play together when Kesler return right?

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Wow how many grade A - chances did we give up in this game and how did we score 7???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad