Post-Game Talk: Celebration Rock: Canucks 7, Predators 4 - Hail King Ebbetterle

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
The Canucks were horrible in stretches tonight, especially in the third when they needed to lock it down. Luongo was mediocre at best and was lit up last time Detroit played Vancouver. Schneider has not had a start in a while - he will get the start (in my opinion).

A while is two games?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
I hope this game doesn't make AV think Ebbet is a top 6 forward and first unit PKer he had a great game, but will not sustain this level of play and I really, really hope AV doesn't use this game to think Ebbet has "broken out"

John Bender*

I don't know how you can't like both goalies...they're not perfect but both good guys.

With Schneider you don't have that horrible feeling late in games that he is going to let your team down and allow a goal. With Luongo you feel like that in every game. ****, this game was 5-2 and you just knew LUongo would not be able to shut the door on this team.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
AV is such a troll.

Bieksa having a terrible game...gets a promotion.

And the best part...is that Edler was having one of his steadiest games in quite a while...until AV/Bowness decided to saddle him with Bieksa as a millstone around his neck.

Ebbett actually had a surprisingly decent game. Credit where it's due. That shot by Raymond was nasty. Hansen is just...everything you want in a 3rd line winger.

Kassian definitely looked to have more jump tonight...offensively. Made a handful of really nice plays and looked to have a bit of swagger for the first time in a while. But defensively...he's still got a ton to learn.

Booth...lol. How do you hit the post from there? That's just bad luck. But i loved the awareness from Lappy, making sure to get the puck to Booth for that empty netter. I think it speaks volumes to the way the locker room is as well. Really nice to see.

It's a strange thing to say with a 7 up on the board tonight...but this team still needs to be improved offensively. We were extremely opportunistic tonight...but it was far from the dominant offensive performance it looked on the scoreboard.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Wow, I guess I missed when we crapped the bed in the third period. Not like we looked that good in the last half of the 2nd.

Exciting game. Equally sloppy game though. Still, I like a lot of stuff that we did.

Look at the goals:

Ebbett goal - greasy goal, whole line in front of the net.
Raymond goal - good shot, from middle of the ice. Yes, it was on an odd-man rush but we had the whole unit together instead of the typical individual efforts for this team.
Hansen goal - greasy goal, goes to net, he gets lucky.

Lappy and Edler goals I think we got a little lucky but we still buried it.

Basically simple stuff we haven't been doing for YEARS.

Breakouts at least in the 1st looked a lot better. We made attempts at a 4-5 man breakout and made some headway on our 2-man + center but I still think the wingers are too high. Note that them being that high didn't really help us generate forecheck speed - the opposing D handled it pretty well. But at least we DID forecheck. We also tried a number of stretch passes that weren't tip-ins, and they were immediately dangerous - unfortunately a couple of times they were dangerous to us lol. Still, I like seeing it, it is an extra dimension to our game we've been missing since 2010 (I'm guessing because it is too risky for AV).

PK looked really aggressive, reminded me of our old PK style instead of the more passive approach we'd been taking this year and the end of last.

Henrik on the penalty shot makes our shootout woes seem even dumber - do we basically have no idea which of our guys can actually dangle? Not sure if we actually practice shootout (last year it was documented that we don't) or if it's just a team building exercise. Either way, we either need to start paying attention or actually start practicing it.

Second straight game with good jump and energy (at least for the first two periods). Did we try to protect the lead again? If so, that explains a lot.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
AV is such a troll.

Bieksa having a terrible game...gets a promotion.

And the best part...is that Edler was having one of his steadiest games in quite a while...until AV/Bowness decided to saddle him with Bieksa as a millstone around his neck.

Ebbett actually had a surprisingly decent game. Credit where it's due. That shot by Raymond was nasty. Hansen is just...everything you want in a 3rd line winger.

Kassian definitely looked to have more jump tonight...offensively. Made a handful of really nice plays and looked to have a bit of swagger for the first time in a while. But defensively...he's still got a ton to learn.

Booth...lol. How do you hit the post from there? That's just bad luck. But i loved the awareness from Lappy, making sure to get the puck to Booth for that empty netter. I think it speaks volumes to the way the locker room is as well. Really nice to see.

It's a strange thing to say with a 7 up on the board tonight...but this team still needs to be improved offensively. We were extremely opportunistic tonight...but it was far from the dominant offensive performance it looked on the scoreboard.

Totally agree but sometimes it's a slightly lucky night like this that really turns a team around. We'll see. Large parts of this game (even the good bits that I watched, didn't see most of the 3rd until the last 5 minutes) would not fly against a better team, or against Nashville on a normal night actually.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Hansen is just...everything you want in a 3rd line winger.

once upon a time, i thought robert kron and garry valk were going to develop into the 3rd line beasts that hansen has become. i was so pissed when quinn let valk go. kron not so much, being that we got craven back and he'd been on pace for something like 100 points at some point that season.

and i absolutely love the guy and shouldn't be greedy, but boy oh boy would i love to see hansen turn into a 30 goal man from the second line like gelinas did.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
For each of these guys, on this team, in this situation..........yes.

Luongo was patient enough, as much as I believe that Luongo is Halak and Schneider is Price (thinking Montreal situation when they had two good goalies) you run with the goalie who has got you back on the right track. I would love to see Schneider go in goal on Saturday since I'm at the game, I still go with Luongo to see if he can bounce back for that piss poor outing.

I also told my Red Wings buddy that the Canucks are known to **** the bed during matinee games and sure enough we shat all over the bed not just shat.

The Horvatian One

228 LBS of Pain
Aug 22, 2010
I was surprised to see AV actually put Kassian back on with 1:30 minutes left though. Maybe he's changing the way he develops kids even though the game pretty much didn't matter but if he was AV of old I guarantee Kass starts on the 4th next game.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
How did Kassian do tonight? I only saw the 3rd where AV benched him after that turnover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->